JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://justthenews.com/government/...sellers-offer#insticator-unit.type-commenting

There are rules for Federally Licenced Sellers to Offer Storage Devices

"The Justice Department has announced the establishment of a new rule designed to ensure the "safe and secure storage of firearms."

And the curious one from BATFE

"The ATF has also published a new guide designed to, among other things, ensure "the traceability of firearms"
"To view ATF's Best Practices Guide, see: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/federal-firearms-licensee-quick-reference-and-best-practices-guide.

Wowie this will make a huge dent in so called "gun violence"

"Today's announcements build on the department's efforts to reduce the risk of firearms falling into the wrong hands," Attorney General Merrick Garland said. Gun safety is a Department of Justice priority, and we will continue to take all appropriate steps to help reduce the number of people killed and injured by the misuse of firearms."

Does this mean that for every gun they sell they are required to have a safe storage container to offer the buyer?

Does this mean that for every gun they sell they are required to have a safe storage container to offer the buyer?
It sounds like they have to be locked during off hours. Maybe they should require locks when giving them to Mexican drug cartels :s0002:

It sounds like they have to be locked during off hours. Maybe they should require locks when giving them to Mexican drug cartels :s0002:
The way I read it is they have to offer a safe storage device with every sale. Or at least have safe storage devices as part of their sales inventory.

The way I read it is they have to offer a safe storage device with every sale. Or at least have safe storage devices as part of their sales inventory.
After reading it again, it seems that might be the case. Strange though, I thought they had to sell a lock with it? :s0057:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top