JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll had last week off. I will be taking Mason out Saturday and we will be spending the night up there by that small river.
Not sure what is going on for work next week. It has been really slow. We will be framing a houe in Mt. Vernon the following week.
We are going to be out on the island Sat .
And Sunday

I will be taking my grandson shooting up to the Darrington pit tomorrow and do a overnight and be back out shooting again on Sunday if any one is interested in joining us to shoot & do a little clean up let me know. I will have extra coke & sprite on on ice.

We had a great time at the pit this weekend. We got to the pit early afternoon after we checked out the other two pits oner at Saulk Rd or what ever it's called. There was a group set up in the smaller pit and were there for the day. There was one person at the larger pit and was just packing it up when we stopped. We checked out the pit after he left, Mason shot a few cylinders of 38spl. Then we headed over to the Darrington Pit.

20190713_183429(0).jpg

We shot in the lower pit until around 7;30 then went for a little ride to collect firewood for a camp fire. We camped out at the site by bridge that crosses the Stillaquamish river.

20190713_202644.jpg

The next morning we went to town to grab something to eat and grabbed another twelve pack of coke and ice.
We then went back to the pit and set up at the upper pit. We had the pit to ourself until.a guy pulled in and wanted to set up next to us which I told I rather he use the lower pit which was empty. After that incedent with a tweeker setting up behind up and spraying bullets from left to right I will not shoot around people I do not know.
We stayed there until 7:30pm and headed home. Mason shot two hundred 357 magnum rounds, a hundred & fifty 38spl rounds, a hundred & fifty 223, a few hundred rounds of 22lr, fifty 17HMR, a hundred 22 shorts, a box of 20 gauge # 7 1/2 shot and some 22 magnum.

We picked up two feed bags of gargabe, a feed bag full of aluminum cans for Mason add to his can collection, a five gallen bucket of shotgun hulls, a five gallon bucket of steel rifle & pistol cases and a 3/4s of a gallon paint can of brass. Mostly 223 and 9mm.
One of these day we will see if we can sell the brass so he can buy a KelTec 32acp.

20190714_180706.jpg

20190714_133717.jpg

It's been busy since our last time out shooting, we finely got back out for a little shooting last night.
We had a twenty-two bird dove release yesterday evening at 7pm up in Darrington and went shooting afterwards.

It didn't give us to much time up at the pit, but we got out. Mason shot fifty 38spl cartridges and some 22lr.

20190809_203406.jpg

20190809_203136.jpg
The pit didn't look to bad as far as shotgun hulls and steel rifle & pistol cases.

I did have time to pick up a five gallon bucket of the steel rifle & pistol cases. 20190809_205439.jpg
20190809_205638.jpg

You can see we stayed out until it got dark out.
I'd like to get back out tomorrow maybe.

It's been over a year since I posted on this thread. I thought it would be nice to bring it back to life again.
We made a bunch of weekly trips up to the Darrington pit since last spring we did a lot of shooting and picked up a bunch shotgun hulls, steel rifle & pistol cases and some brass cases.

With this BS corona stuff going on and the lack of ammo available ammunition in the stores we have had the pit to ourselves 99% of the time. Hardly any brass to pick up but still tons of shotgun hulls.

We went up this past Saturday and one of the old guys who picks up brass was heading out as we were heading in.
All day long two cars came off the mountain on the way out.

One nice thing about the ammo shortage is they are not bringing garbage up to shoot at and leave there.

That old red car is still out there by the river.
All shot up of coarse and caved in from the kids with the big four wheel drive trucks and pushed over to the side.

Some jack donkey filled up the fire pit there with garbage, we we stayed the night up there a few weeks ago so I had to pick all the food containers, diapers, beer cans and other trash up before we could build a fire. That trash was gross. But we had a good time and Mason got to shoot again the following morning.

The trash they left.
20200606_180928.jpg

After we picked up the garbage.
20200607_083344.jpg

This past Saturday.
20200620_202707.jpg

And Cabelas empty ammo shelves.
20200621_174605.jpg

Cabelas empty gun rack.
20200621_174634.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show