JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my usuall carry item

Picture335.jpg

............Bladeplay.com I recommend them heartily! Good people, great products, quick shipping (mostly free), excellent prices. They ship some of the finest Italian and German autos, and nearly fine cheap-but-quality Taiwanese knockoffs. I have ordered a variety of inexpensive "assisted-opening" (perfectly legal) knives from them---surprisingly good quality for the price....................elsullo :s0155:

Worth $150 + ???? I don't believe it!

Probably not, but it's hard to say. I'd pay what I paid for it again without hesitation if something happened to this one. It's kind of like asking whether the difference in the price of a $275 Ruger and a $800 HK is worth the price, as they both reliably shoot bullets.

Another Spyderco fan here. Calypso-III usually, sometimes just a Leatherman Skeletool or Charge Ti, depending on the chores that day...

For blade shape, material, clip, size, this Caly III is the most useful of my knives for pocket carry!

Ya, the zdp 189-Carbon Fiber scale ones are The Ones. ZDP-189 is a bit brittle, but a great steel for daily domestic use! Superb cutting edge on these.

That's why I bought two, to have an extra for when this one finally wears out. I don't think they're making any more, are they? Or are they? :)

<broken link removed>

For pocket carry around the office or town, a Benchmade Osborne folder in 154 CM steel with a 3.5" blade.

In the field (which is quite often daily), a 60's vintage blade handmade by Bo Randall.

Seems like I've misplaced my original old Caly III and have to pull the "backup" out of the case.

It's why I bought two, but darn if it's not annoying to wonder where the Old Faithful one went! :huh::s0131:

Here yesterday gone today!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads