JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tick licker? I'm hoping they do the 3 day rule. If not, that will be my last purchase through them.
No it wasn't them it was out of town on my drive home from work ....I'm going to go to gun crafters in the morning see if they have a Ar9 lower and gamble on a instant approval if they don't I'm going to try tick lickers

I doubt it, there was no way i was gonna make the 8th and thats why my FLL 3 day ruled my sale.
I bought on Nov 3rd and only went backwards in line. There's no rule or law one way or the other and it's speculative at best.
Either way I wouldn't count on it, even if it gets blocked or whatever I think it'll nw tied up worse then pandemic buying.
Backwards in line? Im usually auto approval but was 16k ish with chl and i have bought within 12 mos, i guess thats a thing and my trade partner she was 3500ish with a chl lol. Hope mine atlrast went in good direction

I'm assuming you mean Advance Firearms and Training in Gresham? I stopped in there earlier today. The gent I asked seemed pretty annoyed at the inquiry and dismissed it. I wouldn't count on it.
Hmmm, that's the same treatment I got from that store several months ago. Three people in there and not one of them took time to give a bubblegum. I like go in to check out a business when I'm not necessarily buying, to see how they treat people. This place scored a "0". In comparison, J&B scored a 10 +1.

Make no assumptions, but ODG_Chad is probably right. Go into AFT (if this is where you made your purchase) and ask they check where you are in the Q. For all you know you could be further out than you were when you started (I doubt it though). They can check this and don't let them tell you otherwise. Make the decision on your next step from there as to whether or not you go to Keith's. If at Keith's sign in when you first arrive and expect to be there 30-45 minutes in line before your name is called.

text updated in red
I definitely went backwards in line during my 24 day wait.

I started in the 3,000s, got down to around 2,300 after 2 weeks. I waited another week and last I checked, I was in the 5,000s. Then a day or two later, I got the text that I was approved.

I was beginning to think that maybe only CHLs were being approved, but I guess not.

As always, your mileage may vary as no one really knows what's going on at OSP. But finding your exacty place in line doesn't seem to mean much, in my experience at least.

Boy I sure wish I had a way to check my position in the Que I was sitting at 3800ish in the CHL Que "I Think" last Friday Just being impatient I guess Lol

If they weren't processing yesterday (Thanksgiving and Christmas are the two days off) and today is black Friday, everyone without an instant today is SOL if they're not already in queue. Care to roll the dice?

Somebody mentioned in another thread that the background check queue is already increasing. I would like to keep a close eye on it in this thread. If you do a transfer or have access to queue line info please share the latest number.

Feel free to discuss any background check related topics surrounding Measure 114 as well.
Just got done with doing a background check 15 mins ago. I got placed in the CHL line which I was told is at 7K.

I overheard someone else buying that got placed in the non-CHL line and that it's at 26K.

They told me I should make it before the deadline, but from what I've read here that might be out of reach.

They also mentioned they "think" that on Dec 8th they will stop new purchases, but will clear out the backlog of transfers. Take that for what you will.

I definitely went backwards in line during my 24 day wait.

I started in the 3,000s, got down to around 2,300 after 2 weeks. I waited another week and last I checked, I was in the 5,000s. Then a day or two later, I got the text that I was approved.

I was beginning to think that maybe only CHLs were being approved, but I guess not.

As always, your mileage may vary as no one really knows what's going on at OSP. But finding your exacty place in line doesn't seem to mean much, in my experience at least.
BGC cleared this morning, submitted on 10/30, non CHL for those that might find the info useful, good luck everyone.

BGC cleared this morning, submitted on 10/30, non CHL for those that might find the info useful, good luck everyone.
This is good information! 10/29 was processed on Wednesday 11/23 per ODG_Chad's info. So skipping yesterday since it was Thanksgiving, it's looking like they're getting through 1 day of non-CHL background checks, from before election day, per day at current estimate.

My purchase was on 11/2 so I'm guessing I'll probably get my call on Monday or Tuesday!

Just got done with doing a background check 15 mins ago. I got placed in the CHL line which I was told is at 7K.

I overheard someone else buying that got placed in the non-CHL line and that it's at 26K.

They told me I should make it before the deadline, but from what I've read here that might be out of reach.

They also mentioned they "think" that on Dec 8th they will stop new purchases, but will clear out the backlog of transfers. Take that for what you will.
I think this will happen, a nice smooth transition into more tyranny.

After going to a few shops around Salem and even Keizer I stoped by pewnitions factory off silverton rd they didn't have what I needed but ordered it and gave me a time frame for when it would be in they by far have the best customer service out of any shop I have been to ... I'm big on customer service and that's definitely needed in times like this they will definitely keep my business

Was at Fisherman's today. Cue today was 24,900. The gun counter mgr did talk to OSP Tuesday. OSP said they have no idea if they will be able to honor the waiting list. They said they might know on the 8th. :eek:

After going to a few shops around Salem and even Keizer I stoped by pewnitions factory off silverton rd they didn't have what I needed but ordered it and gave me a time frame for when it would be in they by far have the best customer service out of any shop I have been to ... I'm big on customer service and that's definitely needed in times like this they will definitely keep my business
These guys are top notch for sure!

1669497692426.png

BUT, But, but.........

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show