JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last week even with my CHL I was placed at 13k in the Q. Today, I stopped in at my FFL and was told I was 16K. The owner was nearby and quietly said you know, I just started doing the three day release and calling buyers to come in and pick up their firearms. He said other FFL's in the State were doing it and I am too, but he is keeping it on the low so the store doesn't turn into a $%&t show. I walked out with my firearm. As I was leaving I heard someone tell a new buyer they were 24k plus in the Q.

Last Edited:
Anybody hear if northwest firearm and training in Gresham is moving toward the three day release practice that other ffl's have adopted?
I'm assuming you mean Advance Firearms and Training in Gresham? I stopped in there earlier today. The gent I asked seemed pretty annoyed at the inquiry and dismissed it. I wouldn't count on it.

I'm assuming you mean Advance Firearms and Training in Gresham? I stopped in there earlier today. The gent I asked seemed pretty annoyed at the inquiry and dismissed it. I wouldn't count on it.
Yes, I'm referring to Advance Firearms and Training in Gresham, thanks for the heads up, I submitted a BGC on 10/30, getting close to the 30 day window for approving before needing to resubmit and looking at options for refunding $ and canceling so I can purchase at an ffl like Keith's that is doing 3 day transfers.

Yes, I'm referring to Advance Firearms and Training in Gresham, thanks for the heads up, I submitted a BGC on 10/30, getting close to the 30 day window for approving before needing to resubmit and looking at options for refunding $ and canceling so I can purchase at an ffl like Keith's that is doing 3 day transfers.
Kieth's? Damn, I would never go there. Might as well go to the gun room. Gun room and Kieth's are the 2 worst gun stores in the area Imo.

I'm considering the same thing. Though I was thinking I'd try J&B in Beaverton since they took the first step and that's the kind of thing I want to support even if it takes me a day trip to make it to either.

I would call around tomorrow first am when places open. See if they are doing the 3day rule and see if they are accepting transfers. If they don't have what your looking for get on gun broker and find what you want with over night or 2 day air shipping. You could still beat the dead line. At this point finding what your looking and 3day rule will be near impossible.

Last Edited:
CHL holder and got put at the end of que of 20k people yesterday. Funny how we vote and pass laws and the don't even live up to them and people are already saying they will capitulate on the new law and not even live up to that.

You might get approved any day now.

I submitted a BGC on 10/29 and it just got approved on Tuesday 11/22. So you should be within a day or two, I'd think.

Right on, thanks!
Make no assumptions, but ODG_Chad is probably right. Go into AFT (if this is where you made your purchase) and ask they check where you are in the Q. For all you know you could be further out than you were when you started (I doubt it though). They can check this and don't let them tell you otherwise. Make the decision on your next step from there as to whether or not you go to Keith's. If at Keith's sign in when you first arrive and expect to be there 30-45 minutes in line before your name is called.

text updated in red

Last Edited:
Make no assumptions, but ODG_Chad is probably right. Go into AFT and ask they check where you are in the Q. For all you know you could be further out than you were when you started (I doubt it though). They can check this and don't let them tell you otherwise. Make the decision on your next step from there as to whether or not you go to Keith's. If at Keith's sign in when you first arrive and expect to be there 30-45 minutes in line before your name is called.
Copy that, appreciate the advice.

If they will tell you when I went into the gun store I purchased from they wouldn't tell me they told me on the 18th that I was 9500 then I went back a few days later with my wife she was going to buy one and they wouldn't tell me I don't wanna put there name out there the owner is usually really cool to me but the kid that was working there really upset me with that and trying to sell me what I didn't ask for and then do the same when I was there again when I say what I want I know what I want don't try and up sell me on something way out of my price range I'm not rich I'm not wealthy I get buy but I also have a budget ..... but it really upset me when I asked what number I was and he goes ohh I can't tell you that ... no you can your just being lazy because I'm not spending 3k on a firearm idk could just be me tho but if I get approved that will be my last visit there and I'll leave a review on there Page

If they will tell you when I went into the gun store I purchased from they wouldn't tell me they told me on the 18th that I was 9500 then I went back a few days later with my wife she was going to buy one and they wouldn't tell me I don't wanna put there name out there the owner is usually really cool to me but the kid that was working there really upset me with that and trying to sell me what I didn't ask for and then do the same when I was there again when I say what I want I know what I want don't try and up sell me on something way out of my price range I'm not rich I'm not wealthy I get buy but I also have a budget ..... but it really upset me when I asked what number I was and he goes ohh I can't tell you that ... no you can your just being lazy because I'm not spending 3k on a firearm idk could just be me tho but if I get approved that will be my last visit there and I'll leave a review on there Page
Tick licker? I'm hoping they do the 3 day rule. If not, that will be my last purchase through them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top