JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am oddly drawn back to this thread,

I've read that a lot, wife getting instant I think even more with CHL. There's an algorithm for sure on instant and I don't wonder if they instant the wife because the husband has guns, not as a lets go shoot together but more as a what of he trys to shoot me.
Divorce and restraining orders might take along time or might not be obvious, if that is the case, that it leans more instant for the wife. I think thats just fine by me.
But who knows.
Went to a local dive bar the other day just because we had the time, 3 people at the bar said they were shot by their S.O. but two were guys. 😂
These two things definitely go together:

Went to a local dive bar the other day just because we had the time, 3 people at the bar said they were shot by their S.O. but two were guys. 😂

Nammac: I am your Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse Soul Brother today. I am also #24 today! It's now about 9:30 and they're on…number 3. I also have a CHL and am hoping my instant approval luck matches yours. I'll find out in a couple hours I guess.

I'm pretty certain while sitting here, I heard my Walther PDP call my name from the storage room here at the store: "Maxwell, come rescue me! I want to go home with you today!"

02D9D6C6-1B7D-472E-8B7E-46A2E3A8046B.jpeg

Last Edited:
I try to avoid Sportsmans at all costs unless absoutely necessary. Yesterday I went to Tick Licker to pick up my 6th gun transfer in 2 weeks. Those guys know what they are doing- In and out in less that 15 minutes, with gun in hand, and that included completing the background check/fingerprints, them entering it and getting the approval back, and WITH a line of about 20 people waiting for them to open. Granted, I am a bit of a 'regular', but still, they know how to process background checks fast and in high volume, unlike Sportsmans. Helps of course that I have filled out a ton of those BC forms, and can have it done and back to them in just a couple of minutes, but still. Very fortunate that for all six, for whatever unknown reason all were instant approvals for me. Crazy cause my last gun picked up yesterday was a Meridian Defense Pestilence which i ordered over a year and a half ago. So barely made it in time. Saturday was there with a friend filling out forms at the exact same time, both of us CHL, and i got instant approval, he went to the 4k range. Doesnt make sense. Dont know whose butt I kissed to get the 'instant approval' treatment. Good luck to everyone . . .

BAB1664D-BCF6-40DB-B454-CFC88F725AA0.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nammac: I am your Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse Soul Brother today. I am also #24 today! It's now about 9:30 and they're on…number 3. I also have a CHL and am hoping my instant approval luck matches yours. I'll find out in a couple hours I guess.

I'm pretty certain while sitting here, I heard my Walther PDP call my name from the storage room here at the store: "Maxwell, come rescue me! I want to go home with you today!"
From my experience you have plenty of time to get some breakfast, make it back to the store, and still sit around for many hours. By the time I left on Monday it was taking them at least an hour to push each background check into the state police system. Even at a blistering fast 15 minutes you should still have time if you are so inclined. Even if half the people give up and go home you have time.

I would grab a second ticket on you way out the door in case a miracle happens... but I can't imagine there is anyway one would happen.

I wish you the best of luck in your purchase!

They started off slow and then added additional bodies to working the counter. By 10:45 Monday morning they had gotten to #13. There were several people before me who were not there when their number was called. Hope your luck is as good as mine was…

And a little holiday humor, the squash was mocking me yesterday…
F419B5AD-4503-49E6-B885-CA19700C497B.jpeg

It's butt-ernut squash…

This morning, the manager at the Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse made an announcement and said (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"1. First, just entering your BGC info into the OSP system has been taking some time. When we click to the next entry or page, it sometimes scrolls for minutes. THAT'S why it's taking so long to process each person. We're working as fast as we can, but we can't control the speed of OSP's computers.

2. OSP has revamped its processes in the last year or so. IF you have a CHL and IF you have purchased another firearm within the last 12 months, your chances of instant approval are much higher. If you have a CHL but have NOT purchased another firearm within the last 12 months, the chance of you getting put into the CHL queue are much higher."

I don't know how accurate that is, but dude seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Oh, and an unrelated pet peeve: I've now seen one person (#7 in line) go up to the counter and have NO IDEA what he wanted to buy. He had the clerk pull at least 8 shotguns off the rack, and of course he took his sweet-bubblegum time examining each one. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that, but considering the overall circumstances…please do NOT show up at a place like this right now with no f'ing clue what you're attempting to buy. Now is absolutely not the time to be tire-kicking when there is obviously a gazillion people waiting on you to finish your transaction. (I know I'm largely preaching to the choir here.)

I don't know if it's been posted? I've been skipping some. The question that continues to get asked, What happens at 12:00 am Dec 8th as far as your background checks still in the "Q"? Not even the gov knows that, I'm sure. They don't give a crap! One of those mugs in Salem will most likely ask that fagen sec of state fake. And she'll pull something out of her butt. And you can bet, it won't be anything good for any of you guys still in limbo. It's the oregon way these last few years.

I don't know if it's been posted? I've been skipping some. The question that continues to get asked, What happens at 12:00 am Dec 8th as far as your background checks still in the "Q"? Not even the gov knows that, I'm sure. They don't give a crap! One of those mugs in Salem will most likely ask that fagen sec of state fake. And she'll pull something out of her butt. And you can bet, it won't be anything good for any of you guys still in limbo. It's the oregon way these last few years.
Oregon will remain under the stranglehold of democrats until mail in balloting is repealed. Show an id and vote once per breathing voter….

@Krinkov, not mad at all. Just walked out of Sportsman's Warehouse with my new Walther PDP! Instant approval with a CHL, an unusual last name, and I've purchased another firearm within the last 12 months.

I was #24 in line today. Guy said I was only the 4th person who got instantly approved today. Small sample size, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

And with that, I'm done buying. This was really the last thing I wanted. A "Glock 19 that isn't a Glock 19." (I'm one of those in the "Glocks feel like a brick in the hand" camp.) After researching the many good pistols in this category I narrowed it down to the CZ-P10 and Walther PDP. The Walther won because (i) It's received great reviews from sources I trust; (ii) I've liked Walthers ever since I purchased the first gen PPS years ago (it's weird that so many people incorrectly think S&W invented this category with the Shield); and (iii) I already have a couple other CZ's and needed to share the love in my safe!

84DEC3CE-E6F6-4D33-9C98-4F01524F4248.jpeg

@Krinkov, not mad at all. Just walked out of Sportsman's Warehouse with my new Walther PDP! Instant approval with a CHL, an unusual last name, and I've purchased another firearm within the last 12 months.

I was #24 in line today. Guy said I was only the 4th person who got instantly approved today. Small sample size, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

And with that, I'm done buying. This was really the last thing I wanted. A "Glock 19 that isn't a Glock 19." (I'm one of those in the "Glocks feel like a brick in the hand" camp.) After researching the many good pistols in this category I narrowed it down to the CZ-P10 and Walther PDP. The Walther won because (i) It's received great reviews from sources I trust; (ii) I've liked Walthers ever since I purchased the first gen PPS years ago (it's weird that so many people incorrectly think S&W invented this category with the Shield); and (iii) I already have a couple other CZ's and needed to share the love in my safe!

View attachment 1317666
Have had great luck with every Walther I've owned (even those Walther made ones for other manufactures such as HK and Colt). I'm guessing PDP is made in Ulm.? If it has the antler proof mark that is Ulm factory. Though I guess there is a chance it could be proofed in a different proof house even if made in Ulm, I'm no expert on that stuff.
EC1056C7-CE77-4BA7-9659-72E9D084B92B.png

View attachment 1317666
Congrats and I'm glad you were able to walk away with your merchandise. Instant approvals are very gratifying in these times of tens of thousands waiting in the queue for approval…

Go enjoy your new acquisition and Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

I heard from a guy today in when I was picking up some 9mm at bimart that if your in the que before the 8th you will still be able to get you fire arm without all the bs I'm not sure if that's true or not has any one heard of this ?
I've only heard the opposite. Every dealer I talk with says that those go on hold until the new system is in place. Some dealers may refund you but that up to them.

I've only heard the opposite. Every dealer I talk with says that those go on hold until the new system is in place. Some dealers may refund you but that up to them.
There's a statement from the OSSA that seems to indicate any BGC's that are still queued come 12/8 will probably not be processed and would-be buyers would have to seek a refund. (Highlighted section below) :

EB8032AA-080A-4019-B764-6454EA01802C.jpeg

Have had great luck with every Walther I've owned (even those Walther made ones for other manufactures such as HK and Colt). I'm guessing PDP is made in Ulm.? If it has the antler proof mark that is Ulm factory. Though I guess there is a chance it could be proofed in a different proof house even if made in Ulm, I'm no expert on that stuff.
View attachment 1317729

Yup, Ulm it is!

And today REALLY is my lucky day because when I got home from Sportsman's Warehouse I discovered that my present from Joe Bob had arrived today, too. In the words of Hannibal Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together." :)

331B3CAF-0C61-47BA-A21F-C0C06AC2F179.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top