JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We took a charter fishing boat out of Newport weekend before last and dropped crab pots on the way out. Came back after about 6 hours and the pots were pretty full. The crew went through them and we averaged 6-7 keepers per pot. Afraid I don't know if that's good or bad but those crabs were pretty tasty! :D

Sounds good to me. I've crabbed all day and never got a legal keeper.
One day out on Neatarts Bay, I followed around the bay a guy I knew who was using shad as crab bait.

Every time he pulled up a trap, he had a legal size male inside.
I didn't have any shad, only turkey drumsticks and after watching him for over three hours getting a keeper per pull, I begged him for just one chunk of shad so I wouldn't go home empty handed.

He promised me that when his boat reached their limit I could have all of his leftover bait.
Come to find out, the dirty basterd was showing me the one and only crab they had caught all day.

I told him what he could do with his shad bait as he laughed all the way to the boat ramp.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top