JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We took a charter fishing boat out of Newport weekend before last and dropped crab pots on the way out. Came back after about 6 hours and the pots were pretty full. The crew went through them and we averaged 6-7 keepers per pot. Afraid I don't know if that's good or bad but those crabs were pretty tasty! :D

Sounds good to me. I've crabbed all day and never got a legal keeper.
One day out on Neatarts Bay, I followed around the bay a guy I knew who was using shad as crab bait.

Every time he pulled up a trap, he had a legal size male inside.
I didn't have any shad, only turkey drumsticks and after watching him for over three hours getting a keeper per pull, I begged him for just one chunk of shad so I wouldn't go home empty handed.

He promised me that when his boat reached their limit I could have all of his leftover bait.
Come to find out, the dirty basterd was showing me the one and only crab they had caught all day.

I told him what he could do with his shad bait as he laughed all the way to the boat ramp.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top