JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you go to Lincoln try siletz bay over the Newport bridge next to the brewery. Haven't been in a while, but traps or crab hawks are awesome next to Mo's. My sister went to Garibaldi about three weeks ago and caught two keepers and red rock.

We went to Nehalem 2 weeks ago and caught 50 or 60 with only 1 keeper, but over half were real close. Have a small boat and the wind was blowing 3 footers in the deeper water, so we were stuck near the bank.

Thanks all.
This will be the inaugural trip for my "kayak crabbing" experience.
Decided to hit Netarts, hoping to increase my odds of catching something.
Will update with nothing but lies

Every time I see this thread title in the side bar I can't help but think of a crab louie. I make a good one, if I may say so myself. So delicious.

Culinary considers aside, sounds like a super fun trip. Good luck. :)

Razor clamming have been really good! Depending on what you like, Garibaldi has gaper, butter, and gooey duck. For razor sunset beach/del ray has been awesome. Very fun to go for them!

Sounds like a NWFA shellfish extravaganza is in order!

qPmLK0zZo7ZNcqBhWcOGXPM84Nz9ZhCLQNy64UavE1gpJu0QLo.jpg

We went to Bandon over Memorial Day weekend. Crab pots in Charleston Harbor Saturday, digging Gapers on a super low tide Sunday. Despite reports to the contrary, we did rather well. There were 5 of us in the boat Saturday. After the crab fest that evening my wife and I had 35 crab to bring home!

I'd go.

Last Edited:
We went to Bandon over Memorial Day weekend. Crab pots in Charleston Harbor Saturday, digging Gapers on a super low tide Sunday. Despite reoprts to the contrary, we did rather well. There were 5 of us in the boat Saturday. After the crab fest that evening my wife and I had 35 crab to bring home!

i'd go.

I've got 4 traps, 1 kayak, some knowledge and an affinity for whiskey.
I'm down for the challenge!

They're spawning and molting shortly after over the next month, they won't be hard again until august and likely closer to salt.
It's worth a trip just to get out, but maintain those social distancing standards. Might be a better option to fish the surf if you're worried about being productive. However, there is no reason not to throw in at any point in the year.

PS; I'm pretty sure that 3 traps is the limit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top