JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking that with some dealers monitoring and such that there may be some avenue to consider a group buy/bulk buy on Dillon 650 presses. How many people are considering a purchase this year? How many would be required to purchase to gain any benefit? I was thinking that getting a few "extras" with the kit would be cool but maybe some would opt/prefer a price break..

Just throwing this out for any consideration. I know that a couple Dillon presses have been for sale here recently for great buys from individual parties and sold pretty quickly..

My google-foo might be a little weak this morning, but I was only able to find evidence of one prior Dillon group by. It was started by a dealer in 2007 wanting to become a Dillon stocking dealer and was offering all Dillon products for about 10% off for that one initial order. In other words, there was something in it for the dealer - getting enough product moving to get established.

Based on that you wouldn't need to limit people to the 650 and there would need to be something to motivate the dealer such as only a 5% discount.

A USPSA buddy of mine regretted rid of his 550 for a 650. He had more control over his 550.

Anyway get a hold of Brian Enos and talk with him on a group buy probably your best bet.

Google for his site, for those that don't know of him, ya may recognize his shooting buddies .

Doug Konig, Rob Leatham

Brian is a Dillion dealer.

Dillon doesn't sell that way. They have fixed prices on their presses. The best any stocking dealer can do is throw in some, usually non-Dillon, extra(s).

A USPSA buddy of mine regretted rid of his 550 for a 650. He had more control over his 550.

Anyway get a hold of Brian Enos and talk with him on a group buy probably your best bet.

Google for his site, for those that don't know of him, ya may recognize his shooting buddies .

Doug Konig, Rob Leatham

Brian is a Dillion dealer.

Any specifics on loss of control for a fairly new reloader? Thanks

Best said I'd that once you pull the handle your committed and have to pull thru and you can rotate the positions of the shell plate by hand.

That's what he hated, sold is 650 and went back to a 550.

This is why my RCBS PIGGYBACK is a manual index.

I also want a RCBS PRO 2000 MANUAL INDEXING to go next to my rock chucker / piggyback setup.

I've have auto index before and would not have another.

But this is just my opinion.
A turret press is fine and people lover them that have them

But so do others that have the 650. Pros and cons to everything .

You can rotate she'll plate if you make a mistake by hand can't on a auto index .

You committed and have to pull the handle to rotate back around.

It's just a pain.
My bud sold the 650 and got another 550.

I have a couple 550's and can afford to change to something else if I wanted to, but I'm totally happy with the 550. Maybe a 223 1050 someday, but other than that it's 550's for me and the way I shoot.

I have a couple 550's and can afford to change to something else if I wanted to, but I'm totally happy with the 550. Maybe a 223 1050 someday, but other than that it's 550's for me and the way I shoot.

I run a RC with a piggyback progressive manual indexer so it runs same a your 550 but I have 5 stations and taper crimp separately. If I recall 550 expands and dumps in same hole.

Almost got one in 13 but upgraded my auto index piggyback 2 with the 3 in a manual index thank god and I love having the freedom with the shell plate. I got from my gal for Xmas a quick change rcbs powder dump holds 2 lbs aND I have seen these being used on the 550 also. Love the QC deal set one for 223 and one for 9mm a other for 45. Just pop it out and pop another in and ur ready. It gives you better and easier metering that the Dillion powder dump .

Check it out on u tube.

550 does expand and dump in same hole, I seat and crimp separately also. I have more quick change set ups for the 550's than I want to admit to, they kinda got away from me. Got a Rock Chucker also and sounds like I might have to upgrade it a little.

I run a RC with a piggyback progressive manual indexer so it runs same a your 550 but I have 5 stations and taper crimp separately. If I recall 550 expands and dumps in same hole.

Almost got one in 13 but upgraded my auto index piggyback 2 with the 3 in a manual index thank god and I love having the freedom with the shell plate. I got from my gal for Xmas a quick change rcbs powder dump holds 2 lbs aND I have seen these being used on the 550 also. Love the QC deal set one for 223 and one for 9mm a other for 45. Just pop it out and pop another in and ur ready. It gives you better and easier metering that the Dillion powder dump .

Check it out on u tube.
I'm intrigued
You have a specific youtube video link that you suggest?

Just Google rcbs pro 2000 videos or piggyback 3 or 4 if you see a prime tube being used that is the 1 and 2 versions.

I don't know how to make a link to it..

But here is mine.

20151230_102944.jpg IMAG0829.jpg

20151230_102944.jpg

IMAG0829.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR