JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Price: $715

What do you think of this package and price. Fair deal?

Basic Press with LED light.

7 Toolheads, Priming system, Small & Large, primer feed tubes, Small & Large primer slides, Inline Fabrication Roller handle, Blue Press Strong Mount

Caliber conversion kits:
223/556 and 9mm Luger

NOT INCLUDED:

Dies and powder measure are NOT INCLUDED.

True or not I was told Dillion high resale is 80% of new, maybe go to Dillons website and total up the new cost and figure out what 80% is and go from there
Then you still need to buy a powder measure with both powder bars
Not having the powder measure is a big hit in the 550b value, also the 550b is an older model the current one is 550c
Just things to keep in mind

Last Edited:
All the accessories are nice to have but do not add up to total used value. They add some value but not total retail
cost. Some may not want or need some of the accessories. Like the strong mount and roller handle. I don't
like the strong mount don't use one. The roller handle does not work for me it puts my wrist at a bad angle.

The price you suggest is high for me, and I agree with Jo Jo that the missing powder measure is a material detractor to getting a price closer to the price you are targeting.

For reference, I recently purchased a 550B in pretty nice used condition for a little over half of the price you identified. While it was missing the large primer slide, and didn't have the light, mount, and roller handle that yours does, it did come with several toolheads, two caliber conversion kits, two powder measures with both powder bars, a toolhead stand, a bunch of primer tubes, about 5 sets of dies (not Dillon dies), and maybe some other small odds and ends. I viewed this was a good deal, so I quickly agreed to purchasing it.

If you had a powder measure (but not dies), so offering the package more or less that you would get new from Dillon (but an older model), I think would sell in the $350-$400 range. Buying missing parts on eBay or from Dillon is expensive, and Dillon is not nearly as generous as they used to be giving out stuff under the "lifetime warranty". So if you don't have a powder measure, and didn't want to get one to include, I'd decrease at least $75 from the price I suggested.

Honestly, I'd probably market the press separately from the accessories to maximize the potential value. Likely easier to find people looking for one or two of those items than looking for someone who wants to buy the whole package, unless the price is real attractive. Price the accessories at between half and 2/3 of what they cost new and I suspect they would sell.

People are still buying stuff priced right, or better yet attractively; however, the market for reloading stuff (and most other things) has slowed considerably from 2021 prices given a number of factors. Those who recognize this price things accordingly and are selling stuff, those who do not have stuff sit for quite a while unless they get lucky.

I agree with the rest of the posters - too high. There are several 550b packages listed on FB Marketplace in the $4-500 with more accessories and caliber conversion kits.

Thanks for all the replies. I felt it was a bit high of an ask. I appreciate all the feedback.
Ya never know and it's a lot easier to come down in price than to try and talk someone up!
I have an RL550B and have been very pleased with it. Throw a price on it and don't forget the OBO part.
Good luck with your sale.

All the accessories are nice to have but do not add up to total used value. They add some value but not total retail
cost. Some may not want or need some of the accessories. Like the strong mount and roller handle. I don't
like the strong mount don't use one. The roller handle does not work for me it puts my wrist at a bad angle.
Sounds like you need the InLine Fabrication Ergo Handle.
Far superior to the Dillon Roller Handle.

The price you suggest is high for me, and I agree with Jo Jo that the missing powder measure is a material detractor to getting a price closer to the price you are targeting.

For reference, I recently purchased a 550B in pretty nice used condition for a little over half of the price you identified. While it was missing the large primer slide, and didn't have the light, mount, and roller handle that yours does, it did come with several toolheads, two caliber conversion kits, two powder measures with both powder bars, a toolhead stand, a bunch of primer tubes, about 5 sets of dies (not Dillon dies), and maybe some other small odds and ends. I viewed this was a good deal, so I quickly agreed to purchasing it.

If you had a powder measure (but not dies), so offering the package more or less that you would get new from Dillon (but an older model), I think would sell in the $350-$400 range. Buying missing parts on eBay or from Dillon is expensive, and Dillon is not nearly as generous as they used to be giving out stuff under the "lifetime warranty". So if you don't have a powder measure, and didn't want to get one to include, I'd decrease at least $75 from the price I suggested.

Honestly, I'd probably market the press separately from the accessories to maximize the potential value. Likely easier to find people looking for one or two of those items than looking for someone who wants to buy the whole package, unless the price is real attractive. Price the accessories at between half and 2/3 of what they cost new and I suspect they would sell.

People are still buying stuff priced right, or better yet attractively; however, the market for reloading stuff (and most other things) has slowed considerably from 2021 prices given a number of factors. Those who recognize this price things accordingly and are selling stuff, those who do not have stuff sit for quite a while unless they get lucky.
Very well said.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads