JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you check with the boss first?

All group buys must be approved by the staff before being posted.No member or Supporting Vendor is to start a group buy without express permission from Joe Link.

I'm just looking to see if there was interest and opportunity. I would certainly do a formal request if something was worth putting together...... I'm sorta surprised that I haven't started getting spam from Dillon suppliers yet/already.

Did you check with the boss first?

All group buys must be approved by the staff before being posted.No member or Supporting Vendor is to start a group buy without express permission from Joe Link.

If there's interest (and it seems there is) I'm more than happy to help facilitate it. It just needs to be done in a way which minimizes member risk (the main purpose of that rule). I'd also greatly prefer we try to do it through one of our Supporting Vendors.

Dillon does a 10% discount for active military. Here is their reply to me when I inquired about it..

We do offer a 10% off discount on Dillon equipment for active duty military personnel and medically retried military with service related injuries.

WE NEED:

Your address (BOTH - billing and shipping)

The expiration date on your Geneva Convention I.D. card (month, day and year that it expires)

Branch of service and rank

Sent from your USCG.mil email address

OR

A photocopy of the front side ONLY of your Geneva convention card and your billing and shipping address, then we can get it set up and you can order.

Either way we still need your shipping and billing addresses, if you are new to us.

No problem purchasing online, just that the discount won't show there, but you'll only be charged the discounted amount on your credit card.

Thank you!

Dillon Precision Products, Inc.

So since I've posted this thread I've been darn near talked out of the 650 for various reasons by members and online reviews/videos... The more research I do the harder it is to decide how to go forward. I don't have any personal experience watching anyone other than on video with progressive presses. More and more the Hornady Lock and Load comes to the surface as a possible winner... Turrets and 550's are being suggested...To make things worse I'm currently a RCBS guy but haven't heard anyone praising their progressive presses at all..

I like the idea of being able to keep one hand on the press handle and just having to feed bullets but I think that stopping to hand load the brass in a tube feed would be ok. I think the primer tube system sounds like less trouble than the plastic primer strips.

Hornady sounds cheaper regarding change out of dies although may take a bit more time to do so.

So confused on this at this time. I found a "as new" RCBS PRo 2000 with the full progressive setup that could be converted back to "semi-progressive" if I didn't like the full deal but again it has plastic primer strips and a few not very nice reviews due to over complicated lower end engineering.

Sorry I'm getting my own thread off track

Nothing wrong with group buys but it's probably a good idea to know what you want before trying to save $50 engineering the potential headaches and time suckage of a group buy.
oh look a squirrel

So since I've posted this thread I've been darn near talked out of the 650 for various reasons by members and online reviews/videos... The more research I do the harder it is to decide how to go forward. I don't have any personal experience watching anyone other than on video with progressive presses. More and more the Hornady Lock and Load comes to the surface as a possible winner... Turrets and 550's are being suggested...To make things worse I'm currently a RCBS guy but haven't heard anyone praising their progressive presses at all..

I like the idea of being able to keep one hand on the press handle and just having to feed bullets but I think that stopping to hand load the brass in a tube feed would be ok. I think the primer tube system sounds like less trouble than the plastic primer strips.

Hornady sounds cheaper regarding change out of dies although may take a bit more time to do so.

So confused on this at this time. I found a "as new" RCBS PRo 2000 with the full progressive setup that could be converted back to "semi-progressive" if I didn't like the full deal but again it has plastic primer strips and a few not very nice reviews due to over complicated lower end engineering.

Words from a long time RCBS guy..... love my piggyback 3 and going to find a pro 2000 to buy.

Give me the contact info on the like new press.

Anyway rcbs does discontinue models as the PB3 & 4 and pro 2000. Parts will be available for a very long time

They are releasing the pro chucker 5 and 7 which uses none of the 2000 parts.

Now the 550 is the main stay in the line up Dillion has stopped some press production but gave you a upgrade choice. Manual index is my choice.

If I can't find a pro 2000 .... since I'm deep into latest and tool heads..... I will get a 550 and never worry about it being discontinued .

My PB runs great, and is the same system as pro 2000. If you get it I will help you even come show you if not far away.

But if you don't get it pleas give me the guys contact information

My 2 cents.
Good luck.

PMing you my ph#
Call me in

Before I got banned from the highroad years ago there was a guy that loaded literally millions of rounds on his RCBS progressive.. he'd take pictures of boxes and piles of some of his used primer strips.. anyway, he couldn't say enough good about his rig.
good luck deciding.. and remember, that's really the only thing.. to know what you want.. saving $50 is laughable when the firkin thing will last lifetimes of heavy use.

They all have pros and cons.
But as a toolmaker Design engineer and cnc programer.

I can pick apart any design and also give it a thumbs up.

Good luck

I won't get into why I think Dillon is better than others, at the end of the day they all make ammo and that is what you are trying to do. Furthermore, when was the last time you heard someone say 'I own an RCBS but I think the Dillon is a better machine'? Reloaders are a very opinionated group and it just so happens that they all think whatever is the best press just so happens to be the one they own....go figure.

As far as your group buy goes I have run several Dillon group buys in the past helping FFL dealers who were not dealers become one. You have to place a minimum $2k (around that) order in order to become a dealer. It used to be a dealer got approximately 34% off list price (not sure if that has changed either). So if you are thinking you are going to beat Dillon's advertised price by buying in bulk it will be up to the dealer placing the order to reduce his profit. A regular Joe Shmo can buy from Dillon website all day but they are not going to undercut their already established dealers no matter how much you buy.

Oh, and if there is an FFL who thinks they want to become a Dillon dealer you will need a brick and mortar store and also be in the business of stocking/selling firearms. They want customers who are going to existing stores and finding Dillon products there.

And myself, I enjoy both the Green and the Blue Kool-Aid with a little Red in the Dies department......

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

Last Edited:
I'm out of the group buy. Just bought a Dillon 650XL from a guy on the forum. Nice guy. Didn't want anyone anyone to count me in for a group buy.

Now looking for a Precision reloading set up, another thread another day!

I bought the Hornady for my first press. What a mistake. Problems all the time. Thought it was part my fault and some of it was newbee mistakes.
But then after getting the Dillon 650,I could see most was the Hornady press being an inferior machine.
"TO ME" the Dillon was just smoother in operation . Everything worked in sync. Everything was easy to understand and figure out.
No little problems like there was with the Hornady press
I found the Dillon superior in every way to the Hornady. Cheaper price means nothing when the whole process is much smoother and easier.

YMMV,but I would do another Dillon in a heart beat. And I won't buy anything Hornady except their ammo and reloading components

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top