JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As the video in this article shows, there was a knife wielding man yelling death threats. Officer 1 retreated and unsuccessfully used his taser. Officer 2 grappled with the man. Officer 3 demanded that the man drop his knife, and only fired after the man kept advancing.

Is there going to be a protest on this one to .:rolleyes:

ETOh2F7.jpg

The cop who ran needs to reevaluate his career choice. Go find another job. This is not the career for you. Hypothetically if my wife was stabbed and the perp went after the cop and he ran away the city would be paying me some serious cash. That cop is a liability for other cops as well as the society he "serves." There is nothing wrong with admitting the LE career field is not a good fit for you. No shame in that at all.

The cop who ran needs to reevaluate his career choice. Go find another job. This is not the career for you. Hypothetically if my wife was stabbed and the perp went after the cop and he ran away the city would be paying me some serious cash. That cop is a liability for other cops as well as the society he "serves." There is nothing wrong with admitting the LE career field is not a good fit for you. No shame in that at all.
That's probably why he's on administrative leave.

a-team-imagines a-team GIF

What? The plan worked perfect. Three pronged defense. Distract, restrain and...shoot? Also, I haven't heard calls for a social workers to replace police in a while. Apparently social workers started watching vidoes.

I recall as a child, one neighbor shot her husband in the arm for his cheating ways. One neighbor hit her husband in the head with a rolling pin (a functioning rolling pin people used to cook with). The police were never called because it was 1975 and people dealt with **** on their own.

Looks to me like he was screwing with a mask right before the doors opened. So his hands weren't free in too close of proximity to the D.G. So he chose to get some distance.

Looks to me like he was screwing with a mask right before the doors opened. So his hands weren't free in too close of proximity to the D.G. So he chose to get some distance.
Not sure choosing to get some distance is one of the protocols in the police manual when confronting an armed deranged individual and there are unarmed, innocent civilians at risk. :oops:

Not sure choosing to get some distance is one of the protocols in the police manual when confronting an armed deranged individual and there are unarmed, innocent civilians at risk. :oops:
Messing with a mask in harm's way? Bad tactics. Since one is then unprepared to fight, flight is the alternative. But, at what cost? Danger to fellow officers and the public.

Messing with a mask in harm's way? Bad tactics. Since one is then unprepared to fight, flight is the alternative. But, at what cost? Danger to fellow officers and the public.
But covid is so much more deadly than a perp with a knife...... Triage the situation. Lol. Mask first, knife second. At least if he gets stabbed he won't get the deadly virus. Although, more than likely his death would still fall in the statistic of covid related deaths.

The officer who ran away should have a serious reflection on his chosen career. The knifeman could have casually walked back inside and diced the clerk's neck while he was around the side of the building.

This was my immediate thought. The cop's failure to end this guy immediately could have allowed him to harm others in the time before backup arrived.

Time shows that a certain number of officers/deputies hired are not suited for the grittier aspects of the job. As well, a share of them have sticky finger/impulse/zipper control problems and flame out at some point - sometimes spectcularly. Something in the vetting process does not cull them from among the applicants. In the present case, with the admin leave, it may be one of a series of "issues" with the officer in question. Regardless, it is time for some serious pondering concerning vocation.

As the video in this article shows, there was a knife wielding man yelling death threats. Officer 1 retreated and unsuccessfully used his taser. Officer 2 grappled with the man. Officer 3 demanded that the man drop his knife, and only fired after the man kept advancing.

If only the third officer had simply shot him in the leg as Biden suggested :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top