JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
:s0136::s0136::s0136::s0136: aint that the saddest truth... :rolleyes::s0064:

Speaking of incompetence.... whats the odds that States would continue their shelter in place/stay home/ lockdown orders past Easter?

well seeing as how cases continue to grow I believe it probably will. I'm guessing some time June things will relax when the spread slows

Kinda gruesome. Has NY planned for something like this?
Yes.

The US now has more cases than china or italy , if its not fake news. Oregon only Identifies the county the cases are in unlike the other 49 that are by zipcode . Oregon does this so no specific neighborhood will be stigmatized .:s0136:

400 people died today of COVID-19 in the United States, a huge increase over yesterday. We also crested 100,000 cases.

Things are picking up.
If everybody was tested I suspect we would have well over a half million cases. The 100,000 cases is irrelevant since most those tested showed symptoms as a precursor to being tested.

If everybody was tested I suspect we would have well over a half million cases. The 100,000 cases is irrelevant since most those tested showed symptoms as a precursor to being tested.
True, and the fact is our economy isn't going to start back up until we test EVERYONE, or until a vaccine comes out in 12-18 months.

The US now has more cases than china or italy , if its not fake news.
Only if you believe the Chinese stats. There are many indications that the situation in China is worse than they have reported.
Oregon only Identifies the county the cases are in unlike the other 49 that are by zipcode . Oregon does this so no specific neighborhood will be stigmatized
That's what they are saying now. But early on OHA received a ruling by the Justice Dept. (OR) that state statutes required that all results of a "disease investigation" be kept confidential. They are treating the collection of data as a disease investigation. I think this overly restrictive interpretation of the statutes is due to the fact that they are accustomed to investigating STDs, but that's just my guess.

My theory is this disease spreads faster than a dry brush fire... THe limited amount of accurate testing probably does indicate just how widespread the disease probably is.

There will be no economy if we wait 12 to 18 months. Things will get going in a month or two and then there will be another wave just as it is happening in China now.
Like African people live with deadly malaria and typhoid on a daily basis, we will probably just have to live with Coronavirus and one day will have the resources to battle pandemics now we know they are not just themes of scary sci-fi films.

For those folks on here whom have not stocked up there pantries much, for whatever reasons, now would be a good idea to do so.

Several months worth. More if you can swing it & you'll use it.

Multiple reasons for doing so, costs, supply/demand, safety.

You'll use it anyways, and you would have been going out more, exposing yourselves multiples times as much as doing so at your leisure (with care & planning) over the next week.

There will be no economy if we wait 12 to 18 months. Things will get going in a month or two and then there will be another wave just as it is happening in China now.
Yep. A temporary hold is painful. A full on stop would be worse than this virus. Things will have to get moving again soon, I just hope we've made enough changes to support an influx of patients at that time (like get more ventilator production up and running yesterday).

Seems like we could limit the next one of these pandemics that is due in 10-20 years if we can convince China to adopt western standards for meat processing...

For those folks on here whom have not stocked up there pantries much, for whatever reasons, now would be a good idea to do so.

Several months worth. More if you can swing it & you'll use it.
I have a replacement batch of 3 months' worth of survival food coming tomorrow.
I never got into my first batch, but I decided a month ago that I oughta stock up, JIC.
It's taken a month to get this current order off back-order... :rolleyes:

I have a replacement batch of 3 months' worth of survival food coming tomorrow.
I never got into my first batch, but I decided a month ago that I oughta stock up, JIC.
It's taken a month to get this current order off back-order... :rolleyes:

LTS foods are always a great idea, however my post was more-directed towards the NON preparedness minded folks.

Just hoping to nudge them into having them get a far better buffer than they may currently have.

Foods which they normally eat, just stocking up on such now. Rather than waiting for the next shoe to drop in this Virus poop show.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR