JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
LTS foods are always a great idea, however my post was more-directed towards the NON preparedness minded folks.

Just hoping to nudge them into having them get a far better buffer than they may currently have.

Foods which they normally eat, just stocking up on such now. Rather than waiting for the next shoe to drop in this Virus poop show.
Ah, gotcha!

Yeah, I always keep a 3-month supply of LTS food, in addition to having my pantry and fridge/freezer stocked for about two weeks of (normal eating) at a time.
I keep *at least* two of everything in the pantry and freezer, plus whatever's open at the time.
As soon as the open thing is gone, BAM! I buy a replacement when the other one comes out of the pantry.

Ask the PDXconspiracytheory guy on here. He'll know...

What is your perspective

My 'owner" at the client - I don't work for the guy, he is just responsible for my hotelling functions (desk, space, access etc) is concerned that I am in the lab. But I can only do about 1% of my work from home. I test stuff, stuff that I need to touch & move.
So concerned, that he contact my employer to find our what our COVID-19 policy is. ( Main office/plant is open, be safe. Those like me at partner firms - do what they are doing, be safe )

Most of his direct reports are engineers, and working from home - you align meeting and only once in a while do you need to be face to face.

It skews your view on what you need to be doing.

I thanked the clerk I saw at the grocery today - if they were not working, would I have been able to buy food ?

Update - 4 Felonies

Update - 4 Felonies

Throw the book at Margaret Cirko:

margaret-cirko.jpg

Gub'mints will always seek a scapegoat... always...

Remember, it's never the gub'mint's fault... never...

I'm sure we've all seen articles like this one indicating the CV-19 can live in the air for up to three hours: Coronavirus can remain in air for 3 hours, live on plastic for days, new study says

So I really wonder at the prudence of this story out of NZ where it is said that people don't need masks when grocery shopping: Coronavirus: Masks, gloves not needed at supermarkets, only touch what you will buy

The air inside a large building is comprised of whatever the ventilation system brings in or moves out and all the junk previous shoppers have exhaled that hasn't been cleared out or fallen out of the air. I would think that the extremely small and light viruses would float like dust on air currents though I'm no expert on this stuff. Maybe I'm totally wrong and the virus drops straight to the ground, but if I'm going shopping, I'm masking up and testing the seal before I hit the aisles.

...Maybe I'm totally wrong and the virus drops straight to the ground, but if I'm going shopping, I'm masking up and testing the seal before I hit the aisles.
And wear latex or nitrile examination gloves...

I'm sure we've all seen articles like this one indicating the CV-19 can live in the air for up to three hours: Coronavirus can remain in air for 3 hours, live on plastic for days, new study says

So I really wonder at the prudence of this story out of NZ where it is said that people don't need masks when grocery shopping: Coronavirus: Masks, gloves not needed at supermarkets, only touch what you will buy

The air inside a large building is comprised of whatever the ventilation system brings in or moves out and all the junk previous shoppers have exhaled that hasn't been cleared out or fallen out of the air. I would think that the extremely small and light viruses would float like dust on air currents though I'm no expert on this stuff. Maybe I'm totally wrong and the virus drops straight to the ground, but if I'm going shopping, I'm masking up and testing the seal before I hit the aisles.
Better safe than sorry, I'd say. I don't think enough is known at this point to make conclusive statements one way or the other. If I could find a mask, I'd wear one at the market. There are a lot of people who don't observe social distancing. I noticed that just today.

Chris Mortensen, who has a Ph.D. in pathology, says everybody should wear a mask always. I'm not endorsing this video, just offering it for your consideration.

Better safe than sorry, I'd say. I don't think enough is known at this point to make conclusive statements one way or the other. If I could find a mask, I'd wear one at the market. There are a lot of people who don't observe social distancing. I noticed that just today.

Chris Mortensen, who has a Ph.D. in pathology, says everybody should wear a mask always. I'm not endorsing this video, just offering it for your consideration.

Check out 15:28.

Flu: one person infects 1.3 - 1.4 people. Do this 10x and about 14 people will be infected. (1.3^10=13.8)

CV-19: one person infects 3 people. Repeat 10x and that is 59,000 people. (3^10=59,049)

Like African people live with deadly malaria and typhoid on a daily basis, we will probably just have to live with Coronavirus and one day will have the resources to battle pandemics now we know they are not just themes of scary sci-fi films.
Malaria is a constant along with typhoid - however - at any given moment in a group of, say, 15 people, chances are that at least one has malaria depending on geographic location. It's not that big a deal. I spent years working in West Africa while frequently sick with malaria, co-workers sick also, life goes on you do your job, and yes, with the P falciparum version that "kills". It's the most common and trust me, you are still capable of going to work, eating, walking around, driving, living your life.
It's easily cured with either local herbal concoctions or using a type of artemesia compounded medicine in pill form readily available at a cost of about $3 US. Chloroquine is also readily available in various forms but is not effective on P falciparum. Some soft drinks also have "quinine" in them, more a remnant from the British days when quinine was the go-to treatment for malaria.
Infants and the elderly are more at risk when contracting malaria but I would have to say that mortality stems more from poverty or underlying conditions than absence of cure. All that "Bill and Melinda Gates money" that gets thrown at the African Continent? Nah. Treated mosquito nets are never distributed "for free" - they get sold on the sides of the road and in markets - and no one I know was ever impacted in a positive way by having access to "free" medicine doled out by Western gazillionaires.
Corona virus is nothing new in terms of the old, weak, immuno suppressed getting sick/succumbing, just like any other virus, bacterial load, zoonotic transmitted diseases. High IV doses of Vitamin C will overcome corona virus as well as immediately upon feeling "off" - tenting your head with a thick towel over a freshly boiled pot of water (no burner on while steaming) closing off all gaps for steam to escape, inhaling deeply through the mouth and nose, once the steam temp lowers, reboil, turn off flame/burner, re-tent and cycle through 4-6 sessions of inhaling steam. A little old-fashioned medicine and common sense is how people used to live, too many people don't know the basic ABC's of how to care for their human body.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top