JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
People go to the ER for headaches and coughs? I was always told not to bother unless your fever hit 104 and didn't come down with Tylenol. Anything less is just too expensive to have seen at the ER.
That, and what would/could they do for you at the ER for a headache/cough/cold that you couldn't do for yourself at home?
Indigents, undocumenteds, the "homeless" often go to the ER for routine medical care since they don't typicially have primary care physicians. Cost is not an issue (for them) since they don't pay anyway.

My concern level continues to increase about my wife's due date of May 26. Things could be very bad by then.
She's not considered low risk pregnancy either, so home birth or birth center will not be possible. We'll have to be at the hospital... hope there are beds!

And the worst of it is going to be wondering if the staff are infectious.
You and your wife are in my prayers.. Not too far from my b-day ... Certainly believe even if hospital beds are lacking, they will have makeshift hospitals that will provide same environment as a regular hospital. I would assume that like in China that if cases surge that coronavirus patients would utilize makeshift type hospitals, whereas hospitals would still function as they are needed for normal type of day to day emergencies , including child birth.

The worst problem we will face will be lack of ventilators and medical staff needed to operate the equipment for coronavirus patients.

There is no predicting the future,but I am certain your wife and baby will fine.

Interesting idea but I don't think it will take hold. I mean there are people out there who adamantly believe there is just no reason to live in rural areas, there is no reason to own a car, etc. And it goes on and on. I don't think those poeple will change easily. I guess they want to be part of the regulated herd but I don't know what would cause these people to think this way really.

I suspect having an invisible gun to their heads might change minds. Plus there are already numerous examples listed in the article -- Uber, Apple, others setting up shop in smaller cities. The big deal will be telecommuting. It'll be CA everywhere.

I suspect having an invisible gun to their heads might change minds. Plus there are already numerous examples listed in the article -- Uber, Apple, others setting up shop in smaller cities. The big deal will be telecommuting. It'll be CA everywhere.
I do not do Cali - anywhere - Resist. I encourage anyone to look up oathkeepers.org if you bleed Red White & Blue, or a close mix of Americana....

Previously posted on the NW Fishing thread:

January

US Gubmint: China travel ban in effect. Be patient.

Sheeple: dats racissss! Baaaaa!

February

US Gubmint: Self isolate for safety. Be patient.

World stock markets: losses of $10 Trillion +/-

Sheeple: Baaaaa!

March

US Gubmint: 1,000 people have died of a bad cold. We're shutting down the world economy. Be patient.

World stock markets: losses of several $10s of trillions.

Across America: Millions of jobs, lives and businesses destroyed.

Sheeple: Baaaaaa!

March 26

WA Gubmint: We're shutting down fishing to save lives. Be patient.

Sheeple: Patience my azz, I'm gonna kill something!

:D

well hell, if your afraid getting caught fishing or hanging around on the Beach. You can always take a pleasurable Drive To winston.

What the hell is wrong with this picture.

"Going to stay open Dispite kate Browns order "

Interesting idea but I don't think it will take hold. I mean there are people out there who adamantly believe there is just no reason to live in rural areas, there is no reason to own a car, etc. And it goes on and on. I don't think those poeple will change easily. I guess they want to be part of the regulated herd but I don't know what would cause these people to think this way really.
My son lives over near Hawthorne and is now kicking himself in the @$$ for selling his 4Runner. He thought it better to use those little rentasmartcar things. Now he's stuck in his trendy little neighborhood with everyone around him going ape$hit and he's got no way out.

Back in 1918 allot of kids wore still born at home . unless you were in the city and or wealthy . The Women must have been tough back then.
Doing so now would be a benefit if someone new what they were doing. The old school knowledge in many areas is priceless at times like these.

Funny you mention it because some of my mother's children were born at home, including me and my sister. My mother used no medication, but her friend was a midwife and was with her during the delivery.

I jokingly asked my wife if she wanted to go the same route, but that was a big no thank you. :s0112:

I heard on the radio this morning an LA official suggesting people stock up on food and medical supplies -- I only caught part of it but I think the implication was that the lockdown may become more stringent. I'm looking for a print citation but haven't found one so take this with a grain of salt, but maybe it just hasn't hit the print media yet.

Interesting suggestion if true -- one certain to clear store shelves down to the dust bunnies in the back corners.

If you garden, better get your seed orders in quickly:

Alternate source for NYT haters: Food Supply Anxiety Brings Back Victory Gardens

"Like every seed company, we've had a huge uptick in sales," said Nate Kleinman, who lives and farms in southern New Jersey (where nurseries and farming supply stores have been classed as essential businesses).

"People seem to be preparing for some serious disruptions in the food supply. I'm not alone in feeling concerned with how this may go down," he said.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads