JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My concern level continues to increase about my wife's due date of May 26. Things could be very bad by then.
She's not considered low risk pregnancy either, so home birth or birth center will not be possible. We'll have to be at the hospital... hope there are beds!

And the worst of it is going to be wondering if the staff are infectious.
Congratulations!

If you need anything let me know!

Government officials are geniuses the world over:

d321892dc1e611ccb3d68f526e26da4e.jpg

Dispersing urban residents to rural environments, another fantasy perpetrated by an urban 'expert'! The urbanites are trashing the places they invade. When the come, they recreate the horrors they 'left behind'. Note: there is a very limited 'tech sector' in Boise but lots of high prices for the basics thanks to the emigrants!

The whole outbreak and spreading, brings to thought, the movie WAR GAMES - Global Thermonuclear War -- "Shall We Play A Game?"

An unexpected error has occurred.

What don't they want us to know...??? :eek:

The general admonition from the CV experts is that I should be more worried about a potential unreality than I was about statistically provable realities from last year, the year before that, and even this year.

I am supposed to be worried about what may or may not happen when I'm not worried about what is actually happening in the case of America, where 23k estimated flu related deaths this year alone...compared to less than 800 deaths from the Corona Virus?

But you say this is different and not comparable, correct...according to CDC and WHO up to 650k people die every year from flu related illnesses.

And right now the world is shutting down.

These numbers do not correspond to our response.

If we didn't shut the US down when 4000 Americans were dying every week, how are we shutting the US down when less than 800 have died in a month?

Does anyone not comprehend that in the same time frame 800 have died due to CV, 16,000 died two years ago from the flu?

Imagine the headlines and panic, and NWFA thread length if the news today said '4000 Americans Died Every Week From CV'...there would be mayhem, but guess what? That was an actual reality two years ago and none of you batted an eyelash.

Life went on, your TV programs continued, you went to work, your investments were growing, everything continued and there was a higher push for you to get that flu shot.

4000 Americans were dying per week, two years ago, and if China, South Korea, or Washington is any indication, then there is every reason to believe this FLU will be like every other in that it comes at a similar time annually with a slow uptick, then an upwards spike, then a peak, then a downturn.

When all this is done and you see the numbers are not even close to what the flu has done this year or previous years, then we need to ask why exactly did we respond this way and what does this set the stage for?

I do know this; we don't know what long term affects there will be economically, socially and for the mental health of people.

This completely changes the world climate as we know it. And I predict you all are going to see the dust settle, and you are going to recognize these numbers did not even come close to seasonal flu numbers, because they haven't and the've had the same time effectively, and without a vaccine to stop it.

While 98%-99% are not going to die from it... the cases needing ICU and such seems to be far higher than for the influenza.
You are correct but the true impact is overstated. 70% infected don't even though they have it. 20% have mild or strong reactions. Only 10% of those who have strong reactions need hospitals. 3% with strong reactions need respirators.

You are correct but the true impact is overstated. 70% infected don't even though they have it. 20% have mild or strong reactions. Only 10% of those who have strong reactions need hospitals. 3% with strong reactions need respirators.
It's also more infectious than the flu. So these 3% numbers can get very big. Atlanta ICU is already maxed out.

I really hope your right. Time will tell, that's for sure.

I believe the washington state deaths from coronavirus have already matched that of the flu. Flu has been going there since fall, and coronavirus only the last 2 months or so.

We've already seen several countries become overrun with cases, and their healthcare system was unable to keep up. While we do have the highest number of ventilators per capita in the world, it's still not enough, as we're beginning to see in New York.

How will it be different here, or in the UK, especially if we don't take it seriously, like they did in S Korea?

Last Edited:
It's also more infectious than the flu. So these 3% numbers can get very big. Atlanta ICU is already maxed out.

I really hope your right. Time will tell, that's for sure.

I believe the washington state deaths from coronavirus have already matched that of the flu. Flu has been going there since fall, and coronavirus only the last 2 months or so.

The virus has run rampant in Washington because it got a hold of old and compromised individuals. If you look at the hard numbers who died I believe that would support my position. The last time I checked in Clark County three had died and two were in the 80s and the third person was 57 with compromised health. Absolutely those people need to be insulated from the rest of the population.

Instead of whining that Trumps not getting protective med supply's to Oregon ,why doesn't brownstain commandeer all the personal protection equipment form Intel? Shut em down.

"When Oregon Gov. Kate Brown issued an order Monday requiring Oregonians to generally stay home, she specifically exempted manufacturing and construction. Brown said those industries can continue operating so long as they take steps to prevent the spread of the virus."

Your post seems to imply that only 10% of less than 20% (<2% of total) require hospitalizations. Not according to WHO:
According to the new report, "while most people with COVID-19 develop mild or uncomplicated illness, approximately 14% develop severe disease requiring hospitalization and oxygen support and 5% require admission to an intensive care unit to try to prevent the most severe complications including septic shock — a significant drop in blood pressure that can lead to stroke, heart or respiratory failure, failure of other organs or death."

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top