JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
1608343787813.jpeg
...THIS.

Just wondering (cause it's not mentioned).....

What about paperwork? Warrant to seize property, search, arrest, etc....?

NOT saying that a warrant is ALWAYS needed in ALL CASES but.....

Aloha, Mark

Aloha, Mark
Well, if you were to show up with none of that, just a badge and some attitude, and then, let's say, didn't want your supervisors involved, you might wind up in custody for a while. So I like where you're headed with that. He probably didn't get tazed and detained for loitering.

Well in my mental picture of the event, the ATF fella was less cooperative and more arrogant than he needed to be. Sometimes folks pick the hard way instead of the smart way.
That was the first thing that came to me when I read this. It's of course impossible to know until we get more info but, that was what came to me. Arrogant agent with chip on his shoulder when two lowly "street Cops" try to tell him what to do. If this had been a couple rookies? Maybe but, two long time Vets? There has got to be more here and that was my first guess. Agent talked himself into a Taser.

Aloha, Mark
Assuming any of this is real. I have "heard" of an agent showing up at an address where someone bought a gun who was not allowed. That they would show up and ask for it to be surrendered. Now if, and that's a big IF, this is what happened I would guess that if the guy said no and slammed the door? That agent would then go back for more help and a warrant. Does not sound like he intended to use any force or he would not have been alone.
Again though the "news" being what it is these days who the hell knows what really happened here.

Assuming any of this is real. I have "heard" of an agent showing up at an address where someone bought a gun who was not allowed. That they would show up and ask for it to be surrendered. Now if, and that's a big IF, this is what happened I would guess that if the guy said no and slammed the door? That agent would then go back for more help and a warrant. Does not sound like he intended to use any force or he would not have been alone.
Again though the "news" being what it is these days who the hell knows what really happened here.

YES....
The article left a lot of openings. But, it appears that such is the case of "reporting" by the sometimes lazy media that is so prevalent today. Or maybe, the editor is just lazy? Or maybe, it's just that we are more "tuned in" to these sort of articles?

Whatever.

I did not wish to make/leave the impression that we were going to TRIAL here.

As I said.....

"NOT saying that a warrant is ALWAYS needed in ALL CASES but..... "

Aloha, Mark

PS....it also makes me question the status of a "prohibited person". Meaning that......on it's base level.....we are constantly being told that a prohibited person with a firearm is a "killer" in the waiting. Thus, firearms should be verboten to/for them. Rrrright.....the reason for the BGC and for the "prohibited person" label.

Yet.....the agent went to the house with no back up?

Last Edited:
The article references another story as well. It appears this particular ATF agent had a penchant for buying expensive wine but ringing it up in the self checkout lane as $5.00 per bottle cheap wine. Makes me wonder if he's flying solo and under the radar collecting firearms from "prohibited" people and adding them to his personal collection. Might be a stretch, but if he's willing to rip off the local Kroegers, would he necessarily be above adding to his collection off the books?
Exactly. ATF field agents last I checked, worked in pairs. Also, outside agencies call ahead to let local PD know where, when and why they are making contact. Only a name tag?

Any question as to whether that gun would ever go in BATF inventory? A thief in small things is a thief in big.

GrayGoose said:
I know both good people in the ATF.

@GreyGoose

This is the ATF ...................................................................................................................................

bubblegum the atf.jpg wacokids.jpg

Last Edited:
If was my ex-FIL (now deceased), I would not have any mixture of emotions. Hell, I would give him the keys to my pickup if he lacked a running car - although then, I would have mixed emotions; sad to lose my pickup, glad that it was my ex-FIL. I would have made sure the gas tank was full and the brake lines cut.
that's exactly what he said.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews