JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll bet the beer money Reno was joking.
1674173187483.jpeg

I have seen the video of an LEO hosing rounds into the back of a green suburban, from his cruisers open driver's side window. Empties the Glock mag, then forgets to reload. Tries to hold bad guys inside the SUV at bay with the slide locked back. Good thing they weren't firing at him at the moment. He does get it ready to rock again, but has trouble with the slide catch as he is exiting his own vehicle. Seems like another officer has drawn down on the bad guys from an alley to the side, they surrender. Sorry no link.

Shooting situations are just about as stressfull as anything ever gets. We civilians may also fumble something simple that we train on all of the time.

I personally am glad the police are still willing to shoot bad guys so that I don't have to.

I think what so many people who are so ready to throw shade at the law enforcement community for not collectively being as up-to-speed on the whole firearms thing as the average internet gun forum member do not understand is that...

... so very little of working in law enforcement is centered around guns. Guns may be a big part of the lives of many of us, but it's not for the majority of those working in LE.

I am far more concerned about the quality and abilities of our teachers in the public schools, and the qualifications and integrity of our elected officials, than I am about the level of firearms knowledge of our rank-and-file cops.

LE training is a joke in general. Just an example is the ORPAT. You can be 300 pounds and pass that physical test. Maybe they qual with a firearm quarterly (I doubt it). Knowledge on laws and the constitution is minimal. Firearms knowledge is even less so.

Not saying that's all cops. But it's the majority. The cops who are squared away pay for training out of pocket on their off time. They spend time in combatives. They are in top physical shape. They study case law. Basically they put in the work. The others just show up and do what they are told for the check at the end of the month.

I respect LE. But my opinion and view point on them as a whole has began to unravel. It's not their fault. It's societies fault and the pathetic standards that are in place. If that's what you want to call them.

Props to them for doing the job. You couldn't pay me enough to do it.

LE training is a joke in general. Just an example is the ORPAT. You can be 300 pounds and pass that physical test. Maybe they qual with a firearm quarterly (I doubt it). Knowledge on laws and the constitution is minimal. Firearms knowledge is even less so.

Not saying that's all cops. But it's the majority. The cops who are squared away pay for training out of pocket on their off time. They spend time in combatives. They are in top physical shape. They study case law. Basically they put in the work. The others just show up and do what they are told for the check at the end of the month.

I respect LE. But my opinion and view point on them as a whole has began to unravel. It's not their fault. It's societies fault and the pathetic standards that are in place. If that's what you want to call them.

Firearm training in general, but especially LE training should not be an event, it should be an on going journey. Kudos to those that get it and put in the time and own money to make it happen.

When I took the ORPAT about 15 or so 20 year olds just quit because it was too much I was 45 at the time lol.

Good thing, physical qualifications are suppose to separate the wheat from the chaff, "equity" has no place here.
The ORPAT doesn't separate anything. Unless you are so physically and mentally weak you can't do 6 laps around a kindergartners jungle gym…..

With the time limit they allow there is no reason a man or woman shouldn't be able to pass it. Especially if they are in their 20-30s. I watched people quit and fail. Throw up. Pass out. Pathetic.

They definitely don't belong on the street.

When I took the ORPAT about 15 or so 20 year olds just quit because it was too much I was 45 at the time lol.
Yep, I passed the ORPAT no problem about ten years back. It was the personality evaluation that held me up, LOL. I wasn't going to be enough of a "cop" and would have shown too much leniency. Probably would fit right in today though. I'm glad I didn't make it pst the second round, only made it to the final 12 out of 300+ applicants, only 6 positions to fill at the time.

The ORPAT doesn't separate anything. Unless you are so physically and mentally weak you can't do 6 laps around a kindergartners jungle gym…..

With the time limit they allow there is no reason a man or woman shouldn't be able to pass it. Especially if they are in their 20-30s. I watched people quit and fail. Throw up. Pass out. Pathetic.

I'm assuming you've done it before? I was 34 when I did it, and it was more than expected in person than what I saw online.

I'm assuming you've done it before? I was 34 when I did it, and it was more than expected in person than what I saw online.
Yes. I've ran it multiple times. It's a cake walk. I tried becoming a cop when I got out of the Marines. My mentality and the military mindset is not welcome in LE anymore with the political climate we are in.

They want to be in the game but they don't have any !

We get more participation trophies that way.
When the schooner, "America" was sailed to England to race against their finest, as she crossed the finish line in the lead, it was rumored the Queen, who was viewing the race, asked one of her ministers, "Who came in second?" His reply was, "Madam, there is no second". The trophy was taken to the US and later always referred to as, "The America's Cup". Participation trophies... :s0170:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top