JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
VERY strange article. I have to wonder why the hell the body cam video is not shared? As for the agent when I have seen these guys they wore a badge not just some "ID" around their neck. So "assuming" the agent was armed? Have to wonder did the LEO's see a gun and no badge? With the guy claiming he was an agent? VERY strange indeed and would love to see the video footage of what lead to all this.

This is one of those stories where you really find yourself with "mixed emotions"...
..... sorta like watching your mother-in-law driving your new car off a cliff.

:confused:

This is one of those stories where you really find yourself with "mixed emotions"...
..... sorta like watching your mother-in-law driving your new car off a cliff.

:confused:

If was my ex-FIL (now deceased), I would not have any mixture of emotions. Hell, I would give him the keys to my pickup if he lacked a running car - although then, I would have mixed emotions; sad to lose my pickup, glad that it was my ex-FIL. I would have made sure the gas tank was full and the brake lines cut.

As for the ATF agent. What goes around comes around. Since when does the ATF enforce the laws regarding felons/etc. having firearms? I thought it was local LEOs who did that?

I'm not convinced that the ATF has ever really been concerned about staying in their own lane.

The curious part is why it took the local police hours to verify the agent's employment and release him. If that's true then I could see the U.S. attorney filing federal charges against the cops for interfering with a federal agent.

The curious part is why it took the local police hours to verify the agent's employment and release him. If that's true then I could see the U.S. attorney filing federal charges against the cops for interfering with a federal agent.
Well in my mental picture of the event, the ATF fella was less cooperative and more arrogant than he needed to be. Sometimes folks pick the hard way instead of the smart way.

The article references another story as well. It appears this particular ATF agent had a penchant for buying expensive wine but ringing it up in the self checkout lane as $5.00 per bottle cheap wine. Makes me wonder if he's flying solo and under the radar collecting firearms from "prohibited" people and adding them to his personal collection. Might be a stretch, but if he's willing to rip off the local Kroegers, would he necessarily be above adding to his collection off the books?

The article references another story as well. It appears this particular ATF agent had a penchant for buying expensive wine but ringing it up in the self checkout lane as $5.00 per bottle cheap wine. Makes me wonder if he's flying solo and under the radar collecting firearms from "prohibited" people and adding them to his personal collection. Might be a stretch, but if he's willing to rip off the local Kroegers, would he necessarily be above adding to his collection off the books?

It might be a stretch but I was thinking the very same thing.

Scroll down the page at Gunculture. The meme almost killed me.

atftaser-617x1024.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews