JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Daytime couples date at the range:rolleyes:
i work days, she works nights. we pass eachother in the morning. she works 3 12hr shifts a week so we make it a point to have date nights on her nights off... i can just take her to the field to go shootin anytime like we used to but, we haven't shot together in a while.

hopefully she'll only work nights for a year or three more once she has some seniority. that way we can go do more things together.

The best way I have found to send people down the path to carrying is saying "Have you seen this?" while sharing news stories and YouTube clips to recent local robberies and attacks. There are shows on the Pursuit and Outdoor channels such as Stop the Threat and The Best Defense, plus several YouTube channels dedicated to keeping safe such as Active Self Protection
I make sure my wife watches the Best Defense with me every week, it's a real eye opener for her... Makes her think about her situation, makes me happy that her awareness has increased...

i work days, she works nights. we pass eachother in the morning. she works 3 12hr shifts a week so we make it a point to have date nights on her nights off... i can just take her to the field to go shootin anytime like we used to but, we haven't shot together in a while.

hopefully she'll only work nights for a year or three more once she has some seniority. that way we can go do more things together.

I don't have it quite that bad but right now my wife and I work 3 hours apart and it makes for some very short nights.

In two weeks though I'm transferring work locations, she is backing up her schedule an hour and I'm moving mine up 90 min so I'll be able to get home and shower just before she gets home.

I am so looking forward to being able to see her more. We have weekends but a lot of time we are doing seperate things.

Fortunately, I'm almost always with her, and we work at the same place, so it's only once a month or so that I actually worry about her being alone and having to defend herself. I'm happy to be there with her for the most part, but like I said, it won't always be that way.

Shouldn't carry unless your willing and able to pull the trigger when the time comes.

Not a light choice to consider.

There are preditors and prey - not a problem with either but you have to know what your SO is if your going to get her carrying.
Yes indeed.
You have to ask her,not if she can " stop the threat" but ask her the real question at hand
Can she kill someone. Can she take a life. Don't use the terms you need to use for legal reasons,ask if she can take a life.
If the answer is no or I don't know,don't try to get her to carry.

Yes indeed.
You have to ask her,not if she can " stop the threat" but ask her the real question at hand
Can she kill someone. Can she take a life. Don't use the terms you need to use for legal reasons,ask if she can take a life.

My wife was watching dateline and it was a story about a guy that kidnapped, rapped and murdered a woman. It took the guy awhile to find the woman because she was hiding in the closet. Long story short I asked my wife if she would shoot a person. She kinda hemmed and hawed around not really sure if she could.

I looked at the TV and said what if it was that guy! She said you better teach me how to reload!!:eek:

Unfortunately life happened and now she is happy with me carrying a gun and doesn't want to take a class. Hoping that will change.

Yes indeed.

Seriously this is the number one consideration. No one should try to convince another person they are willing to take a life.

If they pull and hesitate it is probably going to end worse.

Well if I've learned anything from watching The Beverly Hillbillies, it's that every kitchen should be equipped with some good cast iron cookware. And a shotgun.
God bless Granny.

My GF and I are talking about something, like doing things around the town or something... whatever it is it leads to this conversation:
I say "I'm going to get you that Kimber Saphire you wanted in .38 to carry with you when we go out, and so you can have it if you are ever out alone or with friends and I'm not there."
She responds, "why would I ever need that?"
I respond, "because some 'explicit person' may want to do harm to you and you should be able to protect yourself."
She says "nobody would ever want to do that with all the other people out there to target, chances are it will never happen!"
I say "sure, maybe, but ya never know!"

Well she went out with friends to celebrate a birthday while I worked all night, and what does she tell me when I get home? Oh yeah, some crazy drunk tweaker chased her and her friends down Hawthorne after dinner... I'm smug about the fact she is safe and I think I just won my case. Unofficially she is taking a CC class soon.

If I may recommend, contact Monica Cowles, a well respected moderator on this site! Her classes, female only, have been well received by other members! I believe that you can google her name to learn about her classes.

I'm pretty sure she could shoot somebody who would be a threat. Asking her if she could flat out kill somebody with no reason should not illicit an affirmative response, IMO. I'm cool if she wants to think about why she would kill somebody a second longer than just blurt out "SHOOT TO KILL!" at the drop of the dime. I don't want her carrying if she is super itchin' to draw either. That said, she could shoot somebody if she had to. She already knows to hide in a corner with my rifle trained at the door. Knows only to be sure who is there before she unloads. LoL

Is no one going to point out that there is no Kimber sapphire in .38?
I'll worry about buying the correct amo once she actually has the gun. Since it's only an idea, and I would try to find an alternative to anything Kimber, and impractical for CC anyway, I am okay with the gun being somewhat fictitious.

What are the odds of one's house burning down? And yet you have smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, insurance, etc. Why? Because even though the odds of your house burning down are incredibly small, what is at stake is enormous and irreplaceable. Certainly one's life deserves at least as much attention as one's home.

Asking her if she could flat out kill somebody with no reason should not illicit an affirmative response, IMO.
Well yes it could. Someone that would hesitate or say 'No' right away wouldn't be someone to buy a gun for. Most folks are one way or another. Some say 'I think I could '. Some say if they came after my kids He'll yes!
If they couldn't shoot someone they probably won't say they could. They don't really want to even think of it.
From the folks I have asked they're answers weren't wish washy,they were fairly obvious rather they could or not

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top