JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi. I am like the GF. We have made it this far with our own personal defenses. We are proud of them. They may have failed at some point but we survived & we are proud of that too. Nothing has changed for women. Guns are a modern invention. We consider ourselves well armed.
When i lived next to the projects it never occurred to me to carry a gun. I had a knife up my sleeve.
Why dont you get a Ruger 10 22 & do some target shooting with her?
This is my first time posting here so i am probably doing it wrong. Apologies.

IMG_1682.JPG Well, I just bought this on Friday...

She is cool with me buying new guns when I can and want because she buys shoes and coats when she can and wants. Biggest difference is I shoot my guns, she barely wears her shoes. "I'ma buy a $250 coat in a month when it comes out, so you can spend your money on guns and amo..." "SWEET! I'ma stock up on a few thousand rounds!" LoL

And we go shooting together, currently working our way up round counts in a 9mm handgun.

Welcome to the forum!

Last Edited:
Haven't shot it yet, but it's pretty close to original. The stock could be a little more well fit, but all in all it's pretty neat.
My only worry is that I'll have to be careful to warm the barrel up so they stock can adjust. The Manlicher stock is cool too, but I much prefer this over other stock designs. Makes the gun feel more solid and less dinky.

Things I do, even though statistically I probably don't need to.

1) Wear my seat belt.
2) Have car and home owners insurance.
3) Carry a pocket knife, even though I may not need to cut anything.
4) Have a lock-out key in my wallet.
5) Carry extra cash, even if I'm not planning on going to a store.
6) Have a backup generator.
7) Have extra seasoned wood in case it's a colder winter than anticipated.
8) Have extra oil, coolant, parts for our vehicles, plumbing fixtures, etc.
9) Band-aids
10) Oh yes ........ carry concealed.

I mean, the list goes on darn near forever of just every day items that we probably won't need. But if/when you do, your really happy that you have them for either convenience or necessity. You could probably find extra shoes, clothing, lipstick, purses, jewelry, and other "just in case" stuff your GF has.

Anyhow, glad she was safe and that a CC class is in her future.

Last Edited:
Things I do, even though statistically I probably don't need to.

1) Wear my seat belt.
2) Have car and home owners insurance.
3) Carry a pocket knife, even though I may not need to cut anything.
4) Have a lock-out key in my wallet.
5) Carry extra cash, even if I'm not planning on going to a store.
6) Have a backup generator.
7) Have extra seasoned wood in case it's a colder winter than anticipated.
8) Have extra oil, coolant, parts for our vehicles, plumbing fixtures, etc.
9) Band-aids
10) Oh yes ........ carry concealed.

I mean, the list goes on darn near forever of just every day items that we probably won't need. But if/when you do, your really happy that you have them for either convenience or necessity. You could probably find extra shoes, clothing, lipstick, purses, jewelry, and other "just in case" stuff your GF has.

Anyhow, glad she was safe and that a CC class is in her future.

Great points. Over half of your items listed I've been very glad to have. Add a powerful LED flashlight, though. I go through batteries since I use it so much on a daily basis, as well as the emergency applications easily envisioned. Unexpected, that was.

Great points. Over half of your items listed I've been very glad to have. Add a powerful LED flashlight, though. I go through batteries since I use it so much on a daily basis, as well as the emergency applications easily envisioned. Unexpected, that was.

I have 9-10 powerful LED flashlights plus chargers. LOL! For sure, it wasn't anywhere near a comprehensive list for me personally, just examples. But it might help make the case for CC, even if someone never thinks they'll need to defend themselves.

I'll let her know, however those are brief statistics and quantative data. I do not like quantitative data...
I think we're happy knowing the we could defend ourselves and are not totally reliant on a LEO patrolling at just the right time when something bad happens.

Thanks for the info tho!

As for you guys carrying helpful stuff, a small roll of duck tape or string is useful too. ;)
My coworkers thought I was crazy for having a mini-mag until it was dark and we needed to find something in a shipping container. LoL

I'll let her know, however those are brief statistics and quantative data. I do not like quantitative data...
I think we're happy knowing the we could defend ourselves and are not totally reliant on a LEO patrolling at just the right time when something bad happens.

Thanks for the info tho!

As for you guys carrying helpful stuff, a small roll of duck tape or string is useful too. ;)
My coworkers thought I was crazy for having a mini-mag until it was dark and we needed to find something in a shipping container. LoL

I used to carry a little micro mini mag in my pocket, but the darn thing would turn itself on over the course of the day and run the batteries out. Now, I find the light on my iPhone just as effective and since I already carry it on me everywhere, it's one less item to fill the pocket.

My mini mag is brighter, and phone's are our usual go-to, but they run out of power as well. Keeping the light in the holster tends to keep it off and usually just loosens the bottom. I'm still on my second pair of batteries in over a year and use the light almost every day.

Yes indeed.
You have to ask her,not if she can " stop the threat" but ask her the real question at hand
Can she kill someone. Can she take a life. Don't use the terms you need to use for legal reasons,ask if she can take a life.
If the answer is no or I don't know,don't try to get her to carry.

This is a great answer. I am female and have my CCW. I took the class and did the paperwork all on my own, no shoe bribe needed. :rolleyes: But I will honestly say, I do not carry everyday, especially those days that are heavy with errands. Going to the school, post office etc. always had me taking my handgun out and leaving it in my car. I do not like leaving my gun in the car. Sometimes I think I am more concerned about someone breaking into my car and stealing my gun rather then getting attacked while unarmed.

Can she take a life is a very valid question. If anything, the class was really informative. My instructor drove home how serious carrying concealed was. He ran scenarios and really stressed how big of a decision this was. After the class it took me about a week to get the paperwork in. During that time I thought long and hard about the decision I was making. I am female, I carry concealed. If I fear for my life I will draw, I will shoot.

My wife is amazing and supports my carry. She enjoys shooting with me and is naturally a much better shot than myself. But she doesn't want to carry.

I don't press the issue... I'll ask her once every so often if she wants to pursue her CHL. That's it, no convincing or arguing. It's a serious responsibility.. if/when she's ready she'll know.

Yeah, it can't hurt to offer encouragement and have a serious conversation about it. I'm keen on using the tactic of inception so that she starts carrying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top