JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is my wheel weight supposed to have a little flashy red light and a small antennae looking thingy sticking out of it?o_O:s0140:

Tell her there is no way those wheel weighs can be used to track her. And that her biweekly visits to the McDonalds on Third Street at 3:00 p.m. are going to make her fat.

So, I've had an ongoing debate for two days now with someone. (Not divulging who, because it's not that important, we can call them Stacey)

This theory is that certain wheel weights used for balancing car tires are in fact some kind of transmitter that lets the government track us in our movements. Anyone ever hear of this? I can't find one single thing on the internet. The rebuttal I get when I brought that fact up was...."the government deleted it off the internet"

*pause for laughter, maybe mine, maybe yours*

Okay....so I myself have installed tires as a living for about 3 years now and have seen wheel weights in pieces due to most of them being made out of harder, non-lead metals. But this doesn't dissuade Stacey. I just get, "not all of them are for tracking." The same answer was received when I offered to buy a large assortment of them and cut them in half.

I know you can't argue with this type of thing, but it absolutely boggles my mind.
Wouldn't they just use our cell phones or electronics already installed on the vehicle? Wheel weights fall of, get smashed, and damaged in all sorts of ways.

Sorry for the rant.
Again, anyone hear of this ever???
*I'm not the tinfoil hat kinda guy, I just get stuck on things when I want logic to prevail.

Alot of newer cars have tracking systems to hunt them down if up for repo .they can also be disabled . The wheel weight thing would not be officiate

Last Edited:
Alot of newer cars have tracking systems to hunt them down if up for repo .they can also be disabled . The wheel weight thing would not be officiant
If you have OnStar/equivalent, you have a tracker. This is why I want to rebuild an '83 Firebird from the wheels up... I want the computers that go into the thing to be chosen by me, on my terms, and know exactly what the little buttnuggets are doing and capable of.

If you have OnStar/equivalent, you have a tracker. This is why I want to rebuild an '83 Firebird from the wheels up... I want the computers that go into the thing to be chosen by me, on my terms, and know exactly what the little buttnuggets are doing and capable of.

You can put in a old syle hei dist. And a carb intake but ditch the rest and your good to go.But the lefty want the old cars off the road like the diesels and will come after them soon . I still drive older stuff I can set up my way.

That's what I said. I literally offered to bring a bunch of old ones home and cut them in half.
"those probably just don't have the tracker in it" is what I got.

Again, I get stuck hard arguing these types of things for some reason, I can't let go!

Stacey has you trying to prove a negative, which is a losing proposition for you as it can't be done. If Stacey believes there are tracking devices in wheel weights then she needs to prove it by showing you creditable evidence of one.

Last Edited:
You can put in a old syle hei dist. And a carb intake but ditch the rest and your good to go.But the lefty want the old cars off the road like the diesels and will come after them soon . I still drive older stuff I can set up my way.
True... I can see computers having their uses--in fact, that's why I picked a Firebird, I fully intend to build a rolling mainframe and like Doc Brown might say, "if you're gonna build a supercomputer in a car, why not do it with style?" (I'm a fan of computers for some things but not others, like real-time tuning.)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top