JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ran into a cat yesterday while making my weekly rounds looking for ammo. He started going on about the government buying up all the ammo because they want to implement a tax, George Soros, and some other loosely connected theories related to the current ammo scarcity.

The guy himself was a little tin-foil-hatty, but that doesn't mean he was wrong... just hard to listen to and even harder to connect his oddly laid out dots.

The billions of rounds bought by the Obama administration have since been replenished and we were living the good life ammo-wise, since around 2014 or 15. Then we had a "pandemic" that dovetailed with riots and fiery, but mostly peaceful, protests :s0114:.

Unfortunately to me, it actually IS easier to believe that there's a grand conspiracy between our government and the anti-gun cabal than to believe this is an organic, panic-inspired shortage.

Dude's stories had a lot of holes and leaps of logic, but that doesn't mean he's not onto something.

Meh. I think it is simply supply and demand - lots of new owners, and lots of people seeing where this is going and stocking up.

The Feds did plenty of buying back around 2012 when they were issuing PO's for hundreds of millions of rounds. I remember discussing with a former coworker and he thought I was full of it, until he saw them moving a big pallet of ammo in the terminal at DFW airport. He started thinking about things after that...

The CEO of Federal Ammo even did a video on YouTube saying they are working as fast as possible to meet demand (while maintaining quality).

Something like 4.5 million background checks performed in January 2021.

Take that and say each BCG walked out with 1-2 boxes of ammo. Combined with every person that owns guns constantly scoring the web and any store that sells the stuff every second of every day...

Yeah, anyone who thinks this is simple supply and demand is operating at a second grade math level.

There's an ammo shortage in EVERY... SINGLE... CALIBER. That doesn't happen unless every single person in this country each bought tens on millions of rounds. And 8 million net new gun owners who each bought a couple boxes in a very small number of calibers aren't the cause. That's so silly I won't even address that anymore.

I don't really think there's a conspiracy going on, but I think the ammo manufacturers started focusing on a few key rounds and putting nearly all their production toward fulfilling government contracts around the world. And I think this started quite awhile ago. And then when covid hit, they reduced staff to cut costs and make their balance sheets balloon and are lying to consumers about it now.

Well... Not "every" caliber... There's plenty of .50 bmg around and .17 Mach 2. :)

One pistol caliber I consistently saw available at Sportsmans, as in every time I was there even when everything else was gone, was .50Æ. I dumped my DE in .44 Magnum early last year, but I am not going to bother denying thinking "hhhhmmm .... Fifty you say?" :s0112:

The dirty little secret is.....
.... There really isn't a shortage of ammo, there's a surplus of buyers. :rolleyes:

Bingo.

Remember after the 2016 election when there was a glut of guns and ammo and gun company stocks declined dramatically and everyone was standing around say "OMG! Those poor manufacturers and vendors aren't making enough money. Whatever shall we do?!" Yah, me neither.

Supply, demand, and emotions. Not Soros, secret societies, and space lizards. :s0155:

You are SOOO IG-NOR-RANT! Nibiru is a hoax. Everybody knows the Reptilians come from Planet X !

I think I've had to tell you this before. Get with the program! :s0140:

Yes, but David Icke, chief proponent of the reptilian conspiracy, and quoted here by some, says they are from the Constellation Draco. But that is exactly what they'd want you to believe! It is Planet X, as duly noted, and they're working in conjunction with the Trilateral Commission, the Arkansas National Guard when they're sober, and the League of Women Voters, with air support from the militant wing of the Rotarians, to suppress the horrifying truth of drink umbrellas! It all adds up people!

:p

Yes, but David Icke, chief proponent of the reptilian conspiracy, and quoted here by some, says they are from the Constellation Draco. But that is exactly what they'd want you to believe!
Icke is one of them. His job here is to spread disinformation. Think about it. If he wasn't, and he was really exposing their secrets, how long do you think they would let him live?

...and so, what have we learned grasshopper?

1612416411553.jpeg

Well... Not "every" caliber... There's plenty of .50 bmg around and .17 Mach 2. :)
I also saw a pretty good supply of .338 Lapua... Grandpappy's favorite plinking round.
Not Soros... and space lizards. :s0155:
Soros IS a space lizard.

I tend to agree that the problem is supply not being able to meet demand... it happens.

But then again...
ancient-aliens-meme-08.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top