JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I've had an ongoing debate for two days now with someone. (Not divulging who, because it's not that important, we can call them Stacey)

This theory is that certain wheel weights used for balancing car tires are in fact some kind of transmitter that lets the government track us in our movements. Anyone ever hear of this? I can't find one single thing on the internet. The rebuttal I get when I brought that fact up was...."the government deleted it off the internet"

*pause for laughter, maybe mine, maybe yours*

Okay....so I myself have installed tires as a living for about 3 years now and have seen wheel weights in pieces due to most of them being made out of harder, non-lead metals. But this doesn't dissuade Stacey. I just get, "not all of them are for tracking." The same answer was received when I offered to buy a large assortment of them and cut them in half.

I know you can't argue with this type of thing, but it absolutely boggles my mind.
Wouldn't they just use our cell phones or electronics already installed on the vehicle? Wheel weights fall of, get smashed, and damaged in all sorts of ways.

Sorry for the rant.
Again, anyone hear of this ever???
*I'm not the tinfoil hat kinda guy, I just get stuck on things when I want logic to prevail.

That's kind of what I thought, but I confirmed the wheel weight is the topic.
She said that she *thinks* she read something in college about it.

I brought up that using the car electronics would make more sense, but apparently that's not what "they" do.
I've never heard this person believe in any other crap like this.

Then they pointed out some article that was talking about other "theories" that had no citation whatsoever and they told me....
"see all these other things? they hide this from us, so it's true"

We install tires all the time and there is nothing in the wheel weights except lead. Maybe they should watch a video on someone casting wheel weights in to bullets.

That's what I said. I literally offered to bring a bunch of old ones home and cut them in half.
"those probably just don't have the tracker in it" is what I got.

Again, I get stuck hard arguing these types of things for some reason, I can't let go!

That's kind of what I thought, but I confirmed the wheel weight is the topic.
She said that she *thinks* she read something in college about it.

I brought up that using the car electronics would make more sense, but apparently that's not what "they" do.
I've never heard this person believe in any other crap like this.

Then they pointed out some article that was talking about other "theories" that had no citation whatsoever and they told me....
"see all these other things? they hide this from us, so it's true"
After reading your post I went and looked at the wheel weights on my tires. They look like normal tire weights to me, mine appear to be Garmin brand wheel weights.

Maybe switch it up and agree amd see where that goes! LOL!
Some folks just cannot get things out of their heads once "installed" So its pointless to try!
Maybe make up a fake one and see her head 'Splode!:p:D

Maybe switch it up and agree amd see where that goes! LOL!
Some folks just cannot get things out of their heads once "installed" So its pointless to try!
Maybe make up a fake one and see her head 'Splode!:p:D

I'm using the best of my willpower to just leave it alone.
I truly just want to understand the thought process. But there's no information to do that.

"(Gasp!) It all adds up! The NSA, working in conjunction with the Trilateral Commission, to achieve world domination for the Shape-shifting Lizard Aliens and the League of Women Voters, instigated a plan involving transmitters in wheel weights, as tested by the Tennessee National Guard!" :s0112:

Sorry, this one is wacked, even by the tinfoil crew's standards.

"(Gasp!) It all adds up! The NSA, working in conjunction with the Trilateral Commission, to achieve world domination for the Shape-shifting Lizard Aliens and the League of Women Voters, instigated a plan involving transmitters in wheel weights, as tested by the Tennessee National Guard!" :s0112:

Sorry, this one is wacked, even by the tinfoil crew's standards.

The "best" part is the fact it's not all styles of wheel weights. It's just the ones that clip onto the outside of some makes of car's oem wheels. I don't remember which one exactly, but it's the ones that clip onto hondas, toyotas, and their respective luxury brands.

Stacey is divulging classified information, next time use the "Cone of Silence"

0EF1A24B-2FA4-4411-A2B0-80ED44EB6F90.jpeg

The "best" part is the fact it's not all styles of wheel weights. It's just the ones that clip onto the outside of some makes of car's oem wheels. I don't remember which one exactly, but it's the ones that clip onto hondas, toyotas, and their respective luxury brands.
Those must be the left handed wheel weights!

Back in the day we all knew that having sex in the back seat activated brain waves that disabled these devices.:D Damn jill was gullible.:cool:

Does this have anything to do with that penny in circulation that's collecting everyone's DNA? I know it's got mine already, maybe twice!:eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top