JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have two 45 colts in the market place right now, I have been shooting 45 colt since 2007 as far as price average $$ is the springfield Eugene area is around $34 per 50 this includes recent gun shows.
I have had many 45 colts since 2007 and have loads from light to ruger only and the two I have in the market place are prime examples, one the Blackhawk can shoot heavy ruger only and the 450ss factory loads that will still pack a punch if you feel so inclide I can make you a deal on brass with either gun if you are interested.

my brother in_law and i went shooting a few years back I with my ruger blackhawk and him with his S&W 44 mag shot some +p in his 44 mag and dam that hurt I mean I can't see shooting that much the way the recoil wants to twist the gun out of your had,
shot some 300 grain @ 1100 fps this is a ruger only load and I could shoot it most of the day the way ruger designed its frame. so all big guns are not =
and 44 mag while great is not "the most powerful hand gun in the world" even when dirty harry said it, because even at that time the 45 colt had guns that could handle more power and beefier loads then the 44 mag.

WTT OR - 45 colt Ruger black hawk and taurus 450

Thanks, but not looking for a Ruger/Taurus version, as this is for 'replica' deal, i want a Colt rep, not a SAA rep.

Changed your thread type to WTT/WTS, you're welcome :D

Ahaw heck Sarg, it's just for Sh!t's and Giggles, Not like any one actually carries any of these for daily carry ( Or DO They? hummmmmm) Worked for many a year in the past, maybe they still do! Personally, I just enjoy the fun of shooting ANY THING COOL, and these Are pretty damn cool!

There probably are still a few of the old 5 shooters in this around. For a time a few cataloged short tube 5 shooters in this caliber. It was back before the sub compact autos got perfected. It was back when I was playing with some old (even then old) Charter 5 shot 44's with the alloy frame. Of course as the sub compact autos got good and started to show up these went away. Of course as often happens no one wants one when they are being made. So now they demand a premium. Here is one example of it; http://www.gunbroker.com/item/617726935
If you are into wheel guns these were nice. I sure as hell would not pay this kind of money for a one made by Taurus though. May still be few die hard wheel gun guys packing one of these little cannons around with them. HKS even made speed loaders for them. Those would probably be hard to find now too. :rolleyes:

There probably are still a few of the old 5 shooters in this around. For a time a few cataloged short tube 5 shooters in this caliber. It was back before the sub compact autos got perfected. It was back when I was playing with some old (even then old) Charter 5 shot 44's with the alloy frame. Of course as the sub compact autos got good and started to show up these went away. Of course as often happens no one wants one when they are being made. So now they demand a premium. Here is one example of it; http://www.gunbroker.com/item/617726935
If you are into wheel guns these were nice. I sure as hell would not pay this kind of money for a one made by Taurus though. May still be few die hard wheel gun guys packing one of these little cannons around with them. HKS even made speed loaders for them. Those would probably be hard to find now too. :rolleyes:

Ive never seen one of those. I'd have bought one if I had known when they were making them. Had a model in .357 and always considered it a good gun even though...you know.

More of less a Cowboy Action Loading, Can take a bit more but why?
I take it you mean why the harder loads in things like conversions? Normally this is either ignorance, or "more has to be better". Sometimes both. I remember when these conversion cylinders made a "come back". I thought they were something new. Some old timers told me the idea had been tried long before and died. When the resurgence of the replica front stuffer started they came back. They of course warned clearly these were for the old style loads like recommended for the old SAA Colts that were made before smokeless powder. So of course some just had to ignore that and try hotter loads.

Ive never seen one of those. I'd have bought one if I had known when they were making them. Had a model in .357 and always considered it a good gun even though...you know.
IIRC there was 2 or 3 manufacturers cataloging them for a while. Aimed at the small 5 shooter crowd who wanted a larger caliber. Were offered in .44 sp and .45 Colt. As you can see by the one I showed on the auction they want a premium for the damn things now. That gun shown there sold for about 1/4 of the asking when it was new.

Cowboy loads are low velocity light bullet (650fps 200gr or so) loads so the "poof tink" crowd doesn't have to deal with recoil. Standard load would be a 250gr bullet at around 950fps.

Pray that YOU don't end up with lack of cartilage in your wrist, lest ye become a member of the "Poof Tink" crowd!

my brother in_law and i went shooting a few years back I with my ruger blackhawk and him with his S&W 44 mag shot some +p in his 44 mag and dam that hurt I mean I can't see shooting that much the way the recoil wants to twist the gun out of your had,
shot some 300 grain @ 1100 fps this is a ruger only load and I could shoot it most of the day the way ruger designed its frame. so all big guns are not =
and 44 mag while great is not "the most powerful hand gun in the world" even when dirty harry said it, because even at that time the 45 colt had guns that could handle more power and beefier loads then the 44 mag.

WTT OR - 45 colt Ruger black hawk and taurus 450

Dirty Harry admits to using .44 special loads ,at the range. :). Better control.

Last Edited:
I just never can get why anyone would want an old fashioned, duffus, long hammer time, silly looking single action revolver! Especially when there are so many alternatives! :cool:

RELEASE THE FLAMETHROWERS!!!! :s0024::D

That's akin to not "getting" why a person would want a 396 Impala when he could have a Vega or Corolla.:s0045:

431a11a1-a025-4eed-8a61-7b1122233ec9_zpsfbrpj7mw.jpg

Where would Randoph Scott, John Wayne, Roy Rogers, and many others have found a job if they were carrying an "alternative"?

0b0b33e8-a49e-4b20-be57-8924454013f8_zpsiucdtrlj.jpg

WAYNO.:D

Last Edited:
A "Normal Load" for me in .45 Colt would be 26 to 28 Gr of B.P. under a 220 gr lead Bullet. Not bad performance, certainly more then the Poof, tink, but safe enough to not cause any troubles, Besides, this is a pretty accurate load out of these!

Pray that YOU don't end up with lack of cartilage in your wrist, lest ye become a member of the "Poof Tink" crowd!

Got no problem with people doing what they need to do to keep shooting.

I was referring to the race to the bottom that occurred in CAS. Got so bad they finally created a minimum PF (60). Big whoop. They even had to create a "minimum smoke standard" for the BP classes because people we're creating loads with little to no smoke. I have seen pistol loads that bounced off cardboard targets and rifle loads that couldn't reach a 50 yd target. So yeah, poof tink.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top