JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my gigantic Ruger blackhawk in 45LC, and I would have no problem carrying it in the woods. I don't know, but I love a single action in 45LC. I also like having the ability to shoot the firebreathing dragon loads. Methinks I may need to get dies for this one as it looks like reloading this guy will be a world of fun.

Ammunition depot has Outlaw 45lc at $25.97 for 50. I liked the S&W mountain gun in 45LC and should have bought one when it was right in front of me for $500, but something like the 45LC needs to be a single action even for just historical sake.

Alright, the reason I want, or am looking into this is because I'm seriously considering a Peacemaker.

I don't mind the sidetracked convo, it all good.

I like the Freedom Munitions price, I'm fine with that now :)

So far, Be I'm still open to wiser opinions here, I've narrowed the choice down to the following.

Uberti (can't justify the Colt price)
5.5 inch (could be talked into the 7)

Not sure on the finish.
Not sure on new model or old (Uberti models)

This won't get fired too much (probably)
I'd like a 'famous' configuration, if you know what I mean, like a famous lawman's version.

Input? :)

It sounds like you come to look at a new-to-you- gun/caliber just the way I do. I was ogling single actions at Kieth's a year or so ago... .44, .45, .357mag? Fluted/unfluted. Stainless, case hardened? I backed off for a time, then changed my mind and got the new manufacture. .30 carbine. :s0092: That whole thing is what makes it fun to ME. I'm currently in a position, with money, waiting for something to turn my head.

Yeah, just gotta wait to see what my bonus will be, but I'm planning on one.

It'll Be a range gun only, just having trouble finding out a configuration I want, as I said, preference for a config that was carried in the 'wild west' and whether I want the original cylinder retention or the updated one.

And absolutely there will be pictures :)
As WAYNO pointed out a .45lc/.45acp convertible might be right up your alley. A Ruger New Model Blackhawk Bisley Convertible in this configuration is a fantastic setup for that 'wild west' feel and for versatility.

I own one in 5.5" bbl. and it's a dream at the range, while shooting .45acp. I also use this as a home defense piece using mostly Hornady Critical Defense .45 Colt 185 gr. GTX.

I also wanted to apologize if my first post took the thread off course a bit AND repeat that I wasn't recommending anyone to shoot max loads from their wheel guns. The post was only referring to a unique setup that can be used, exclusively in these big frame Rugers. That said, please take everything you read on the web with a grain of salt and give these things it's due diligence for the purposes of safety.

Here is a pic of the model I have(not mine), showing it in the fluted .45acp cylinder. The .45lc cylinder is not fluted.

IMG_0691.JPG

I'm out and about, but when I get home I'll do a little more research and post some pics.

I was really hoping we'd have someone who'd know some configs, like I said, I only know the Bat Masterson one of 7.5 inches, nickel plated and ivory grips.

Yeah, just gotta wait to see what my bonus will be, but I'm planning on one.

It'll Be a range gun only, just having trouble finding out a configuration I want, as I said, preference for a config that was carried in the 'wild west' and whether I want the original cylinder retention or the updated one.

And absolutely there will be pictures :)

If you want one of the import copies for fun I would go with the shorter barrel too. The longer can be a hard to carry around. Also make sure you know that if it's fixed sights it is very likely to NOT shoot to point of aim new. Many I have know over the years who had one just learned to compensate. If it bothers you there is a fix any competent Smith can do. No idea what it runs to have one do it these days.

I'm out and about, but when I get home I'll do a little more research and post some pics.

I was really hoping we'd have someone who'd know some configs, like I said, I only know the Bat Masterson one of 7.5 inches, nickel plated and ivory grips.

If you want to see a lot of variety check out http://www.cimarron-firearms.com. They cater to the CAS crowd and import a lot of Colt SA clones from Uberti.

I used to shoot a lot of CAS, particularly the BP Gunfighter category. Only game in town that lets you shoot a fully stoked, BP 45 Colt in each hand at the same time. My firearms were mostly Ruger Vaqueros ranging from the 3" sheriffs model with birdshead grips to full length 7 1/2".

SAA variations are endless.

Last Edited:
I just never can get why anyone would want an old fashioned, duffus, long hammer time, silly looking single action revolver! Especially when there are so many alternatives! :cool:

RELEASE THE FLAMETHROWERS!!!! :s0024::D

You can get 45 Colt for $25 a box. I reload and I frequently buy loaded shells just for the brass. Under A$25 a box I buy it. PSA has frequent sales on the HSM Cowboy loads in 200 grain at $20 a box or the 255 at $25 a box.

Easiest cartridge in the world to reload.

I just never can get why anyone would want an old fashioned, duffus, long hammer time, silly looking single action revolver! Especially when there are so many alternatives! :cool:

RELEASE THE FLAMETHROWERS!!!! :s0024::D
Ahaw heck Sarg, it's just for Sh!t's and Giggles, Not like any one actually carries any of these for daily carry ( Or DO They? hummmmmm) Worked for many a year in the past, maybe they still do! Personally, I just enjoy the fun of shooting ANY THING COOL, and these Are pretty damn cool!

255 grains at 1200 fps ends an argument pretty fast without having to resort to the silliness of firing more than once. That hammer is back by the time the arm is straight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top