JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just bought a new Colt King Cobra, and it is a great revolver...........excellent fit and finish, and shoots like a dream.
The OP just needs to stick with his Rossi firearms and be happy.

I was not alive during peak Colt back in the day, only heard the tales. Played with Colt AR's while in the MIL which were solid workers but beat from multi-gen uses and multi-deployments.

Would I buy any of their new stuff off the shelf in comparison to a bone stock entry AR? No probably not, same with 1911. Heard they've been having some QC issues as of late with fit/finish on what is supposed to be industry standard but beyond that I don't really see the premium for the roll mark.

Are we related? Carrying a series 70 colt, driving a Tundra, just bought Kitchen Aid everything for my new house, have bosch wiper blades, and I bought a Strat as my first guitar!
Prob so. I was gonna joke around before but can't gauge the vibe on here yet. I'm just trying to learn and see who has a better setup than me. Seems like a bunch of older experienced folks or younger 80% types. Been traveling OR to meet real people and get off the internet. Found some interesting shops so far I've only been impressed by one shop in PA. Random thoughts...on the house front I'm trying to figure out ideal terrain type for my range. I love high desert.

Colt makes very good rifles and decent 1911s. Carried a colt m4 on 72 combat missions and never let me down. They are made to the US military standard (thats a fairly high standard ). Are their better rifles out there? Sure but colts are far from garbage

They really do. Their AR's are average with nothing to write home about, their new revolvers are garbage. Their 1911's are nothing special and have average fit/finish.

The older offerings are better but I really don't get why some people still think they are a viable company in 2020. Subpar products at Gucci prices, all for a name and rollmark.

I wish they would go completely BK and go away. Take Taurus and Hi-Point with them while they're at it.

Rant over. :p

You can all send your Colt's to me, I will properly recycle them for you..

Colt sells every SAA they make. Standard Manufacturing is the only other company making SAA's besides the Italian schlock. They are higher quality in probably every conceivable way than the Colt offerings and still if you had a table full of Colts and a table full of Standards and they were the same price the Colt table would be empty before anyone touched the Standard guns.

Why all the colt bashing? If it wasn't for colt, you probably would not have an AR style firearm today

They make a fine rifle. Would I trust my life to one? In a heartbeat. Are there others, including those that cost half as much or builds with my life? Absolutely.

My only complaint is that that it's like you are buying a Toyota at a Lexus price. No experience with their pistols, so can't comment. IMO, pre panic a LE6920 was a good value when they were at $750, and OK to perhaps $900. That chrome lined CMV barrel being a lot of that. But it's not necessary outside of the need frequent full auto fire.

I don't see anything wrong with the colt pistols I've shot. All have been accurate with a nice fit. The finish is usually a little worn, but that's expected of 1911 A1's issued in 1917, the New Service I shot, and even the detective special made in the 1920's. I really liked the 1903 hammerless finish, think it had a bone blue.

As far as I know, A1 were not issued in 1917 but in the 20s

I don't think anyone is saying they are bad guns. Just that they are simply standard and not better than the other "subpar" rifles out there. I used them in the Marine Corps. They shoot and run fine. But their price point is pathetic.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top