JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So there was a link to a TargetsportsUSA ad for CCI .22 SV in the Great Deals thread;
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/cci-standard-velocity-22lr-425-for-5-000-w-free-sh.415986/
It did in fact seem like a good deal so I ordered two cases, $850 worth. They charged my credit card and I got a "package shipped" and tracking number email, supposed delivery Monday. Got an email today asking if I had gotten my package. I had forgotten about it, but hadn't received it. Check UPS tracking and they show two packages, one package returned to TargetSportsUSA and one delivered, but also returned. I called TSUSA and talk to CS. Apparently my address is SIMILAR to one that had been involved with fraud so they recalled my order!! The CS lady says I can resubmit my order and she'll make sure it goes through. I ask if the item is still available. She checks; No, it is sold out. What about the two you took back from me?? I'll look; Those were damaged by UPS and are not available. She did issue a refund at that point.
Now I don't need the ammo, just was getting it to add to my stash.
it took them a week from the date of my order to the day UPS reversed the shipping to decide I MIGHT be a fraud??
My address is SIMILAR?? They had my card # and the billing address, which is the same as the shipping address. The card charge went through without issue.
The packages they recalled are also the ones UPS happened to damage?? Peculiar coincidence.
Overall it seems like a piss-poor way to treat what could have been a good customer.

ETA Their CS lady did acknowledge that since I took the time to call I probably wasn't a scammer!!

She did issue a refund at that point.
Definitely a sucky experience but, on the upside, your money was refunded expediently and that, in my books is a plus! I hate the ones where you got to jump through hoops after all the crap just to get your money refunded!:mad:

Sounds like a bad deal. Target sports has been good to me. They didn't seem to screw people like some other companies during the bubblegum show. Give them another chance.

That business with the "similar address to one that had been involved with fraud," I would be interested in know more about that. The two that were returned allegedly in damaged condition, if that wasn't true, you can assume they sold them to someone else and in any case were no longer available.

That's what happens when you mix good business with humans. Its guaranteed to Flip up on occassion.

Times being what they are, I truly feel for you missing out on a good ammo deal over some technical glitch in the brain fart department. The "damaged" thing from UPS I've run across before though as a method they use to immediately halt a delivery enroute when there is a sender recall. I have to wonder too if that's not just an internal method to put a package on halt, but might be trying to give themselves some kind of recourse for an insurance claim of some kind to recoupe any costs associated with a "return to sender"(??) It seems to be SOP and likely what the TSUSA CS was seeing and not TSUSA having it physically on site and marking it as "damaged" themselves.

Amazon and UPS did that to me recently. There was typically a 4 quantity purchase limit on an item I buy regularly. For whatever reason (technical error likely) on one particular occassion there was the option to buy more than 4 so I did 8. 4 made it to my door and the other 4 ended up returned to Amazon marked "damaged in transit' by UPS. It was obvious Amazon "return to sender"''ed 4 of them because they where already contacting me and issuing a refund a full day and half before it every showed up as "damaged" on UPS tracking... and 3 days before the other 4 showed up at my door under typical UPS delivery speed.

That said, I can't count how many cases of ammo I've ordered from TSUSA over the years and never had a single hiccup.... "knock on wood".

I've bought many guns thru Bud's, and until the last time, I was always pleased with them.

Thanks to ( UPS or FedEx), and their delivery snafu, through no fault of mine, my last gun purchase from Bud's was returned to them, and I was charged a 50-dollar restocking fee. Long before this happened, I asked Bud's to simply alter the receiving dealer. They said no. Further, the girl twit on the phone pretty much said tough s#it.

I've never purchased from them again, and I've vowed to not.

Now, they will undoubtedly continue to thrive, and I will lose out on availability of items that they always seem to have when nobody else does.

So who did I spite the most?:s0054:

I've bought many guns thru Bud's, and until the last time, I was always pleased with them.

Thanks to ( UPS or FedEx), and their delivery snafu, through no fault of mine, my last gun purchase from Bud's was returned to them, and I was charged a 50-dollar restocking fee. Long before this happened, I asked Bud's to simply alter the receiving dealer. They said no. Further, the girl twit on the phone pretty much said tough s#it.

Now, they will undoubtedly continue to thrive, and I will lose out on availability of items that they always seem to have when nobody else does.

You did what gave you satisfaction, likely the best you could do.

Satisfaction has some value. Also you added to your satisfaction

by posting your experience on here.

So there was a link to a TargetsportsUSA ad for CCI .22 SV in the Great Deals thread;
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/cci-standard-velocity-22lr-425-for-5-000-w-free-sh.415986/
It did in fact seem like a good deal so I ordered two cases, $850 worth. They charged my credit card and I got a "package shipped" and tracking number email, supposed delivery Monday. Got an email today asking if I had gotten my package. I had forgotten about it, but hadn't received it. Check UPS tracking and they show two packages, one package returned to TargetSportsUSA and one delivered, but also returned. I called TSUSA and talk to CS. Apparently my address is SIMILAR to one that had been involved with fraud so they recalled my order!! The CS lady says I can resubmit my order and she'll make sure it goes through. I ask if the item is still available. She checks; No, it is sold out. What about the two you took back from me?? I'll look; Those were damaged by UPS and are not available. She did issue a refund at that point.
it took them a week from the date of my order to the day UPS reversed the shipping to decide I MIGHT be a fraud??
My address is SIMILAR?? They had my card # and the billing address, which is the same as the shipping address. The card charge went through without issue.
The packages they recalled are also the ones UPS happened to damage?? Peculiar coincidence.
Overall it seems like a piss-poor way to treat what could have been a good customer.

ETA Their CS lady did acknowledge that since I took the time to call I probably wasn't a scammer!!
I ordered some powder from midsouth and paid with CC that that had a billing address different from shipping address. More than a week went by before I figured out that they were holding the order. Eventually I did get the powder but it took over three weeks.

I bought a 24" bull barrel from CBC Industries with same issue different billing/shipping addresses, order was held until I emailed copy of my drivers license.

Any place charging a $50 re-stocking fee is dishonest to begin with. Thanks for the heads-up on Buds- Ive changed my plans of buying a firearm thru them.

Call corporate. A nastygram will net you some results, good, bad or indifferent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top