JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Monica on second thought I hope you do not run for office I would not want you to rub elbows with idiots.
What a fight that would be , just be yourself and do your best at what you do.

My letter to our local prosecutor--I have no idea whether he is pro or anti-gun, which will probably affect his interpretation, but I would rather face the facts head on and/or make a good faith effort to comply--since I teach about the law in my classes. :)

I'm a little squeamish about getting on their radar, but I gots to know how my fair little business will be affected by this law...:confused:

I don't want to just sit around licking my wounds...;)
Great letter. Should have ended with lukewarm regards, to be honest ;-) Do post the reply!

My letter to our local prosecutor--I have no idea whether he is pro or anti-gun, which will probably affect his interpretation, but I would rather face the facts head on and/or make a good faith effort to comply--since I teach about the law in my classes. :)

I'm a little squeamish about getting on their radar, but I gots to know how my fair little business will be affected by this law...:confused:

I don't want to just sit around licking my wounds...;)
thinking about it, send it to our Ferguson too ...

a great letter. you cornered him really well, just about any response is going to potentially make him look anti-safety, anti-small-business, or anti-women.
which is why, I am afraid, there won't be a reply... or it will be in a year and start with "What difference - at this point - what difference does it make".

2586597_13_pink_glock_26_w_truglo_fiber_o_640.jpg

Class photo from today! Great group of very fun ladies...very happy to have a full class this time! :)
3 28 2015.jpg
During one conversation they found out what they were missing due to Initiative 594--not being able to examine the guns on display or practice loading and clearing them with dummy rounds...not sure I have ever seen all my students' eyes grow big at once in horror at the effect of the stupid law on my class...and, again, several had voted for it not understanding all that it entailed...*sigh*:(:(

Class photo from today! Great group of very fun ladies...very happy to have a full class this time! :)
View attachment 221864
During one conversation they found out what they were missing due to Initiative 594--not being able to examine the guns on display or practice loading and clearing them with dummy rounds...not sure I have ever seen all my students' eyes grow big at once in horror at the effect of the stupid law on my class...and, again, several had voted for it not understanding all that it entailed...*sigh*:(:(
Nice "groups" photo as in 5 nice groups of your students there.

View attachment 221864

Well just hope they learn to vote smarter next time.:D

So how far were they shooting and was it off hand? Two handed grip or one hand? Now for the big question, any of them know how to shoot before they came to you or did you teach them to shoot that well?:D

So how far were they shooting and was it off hand? Two handed grip or one hand? Now for the big question, any of them know how to shoot before they came to you or did you teach them to shoot that well?:D

Alas, there will be no "next time." There may be another issue on which they are asked to vote, and in that case.....
Instead, we have the federal lawsuit, in which Monica is the lead plaintiff on the court docs.

Alas, there will be no "next time."

Because of this, all you can really do is foster the new/next generation of gun supporters and enthusiasts, as well as a more questioning electorate.

Talk to folks about the fallout of I594, and specifically in terms that relate to them. Take folks who have never shot a gun out to the range. I can't say I did it enough before, but I'm trying to do it more often now. Yeah, I foot the bill for the costs, but I can't tell you how cool it is when I see that grin.

<broken link removed>

I had a journalist attend my last class; I really appreciated how she addressed the effect I-594 had on my class, and even C&Ped the note from my website! :)
Nice article. Regarding the paragraph on 594: it should probably say that "you and your students have to be at a government recognized range" OR "they would have to be under the age of 18". These are 2 separate distinct clauses in 594, i.e. Sec 3 (4) (f) (ii) which pertains to the range exemption, and Sec 3(4)(f)(iv) which pertains to the age exemption.

I am not saying it makes it any easier on you, your students or your business ... just the way I read it.

HA! We shoot at realistic self defense distances; ie., 7 feet and 14 feet. This is mostly to give grip/stance/sight alignment/trigger press experience and a strong dose of confidence to the new shooters. :s0115:Believe it or not, I have had one gal who was not able to hit the target that close--had to do serious hands on instruction for her, poor gal...she was pretty embarrassed, but she stuck it through and eventually got the hang of it...;):)

http://www.graysharbortalk.com/2015/05/03/gun-safety-grays-harbor/

Another article on my class, this time from a local perspective...unfortunately, she made no mention of the effect of I594 in this article...:( Bummer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top