JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just contacted the editor of one of our local papers to 'stay on his radar', and a few hours later received this email from the other paper! :D:D:D

Hi Monica,
My editor gave me your information and we are interested in doing a story about you and the course.
I need to know a few things first. Can you give me a brief synopsis, a website or a schedule of classes?
Thanks

Monica, you make it sound like they might want to take a course, and you should offer one at a significant discount. Whole staff you say? This is a great opportunity to get the newspaper on your side!

In Texas, it was discovered that a concealed carry pass allowed you to shortcut the usual line of spectators into the state capital, so reporters flocked to get concealed carry permits. To get a permit in Texas, training and range time is required. It was a very good thing for media to get exposure to guns, whereupon many of them learned that guns weren't what they had been lead to believe.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/09/us/guns-get-a-pass-at-texas-capitol.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Like I think you said earlier: squeaky wheel!

Monica, you make it sound like they might want to take a course, and you should offer one at a significant discount. Whole staff you say? This is a great opportunity to get the newspaper on your side!

In Texas, it was discovered that a concealed carry pass allowed you to shortcut the usual line of spectators into the state capital, so reporters flocked to get concealed carry permits. To get a permit in Texas, training and range time is required. It was a very good thing for media to get exposure to guns, whereupon many of them learned that guns weren't what they had been lead to believe.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/09/us/guns-get-a-pass-at-texas-capitol.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Like I think you said earlier: squeaky wheel!

That idea of yours is growing on me, and I have been chewing on it since I read it. I am waiting to hear back from her, and I am thinking of offering a 'condensed' version of the class to the staff. If I am not giving out materials (to keep the cost down) or handing firearms back and forth, I may even open it up to the male staff members....? Maybe. o_O
Class photo from last Wednesday...:D:D
1 21 2015.jpg

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED................................................................................................
Is stated pretty clear in the original document.

I stole this BTW.

The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms... The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it 'shall not be infringed.' Justice Antonin Scalia (b. 1936) District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783,

The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials....fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections." — Justice Jackson, United States Supreme Court in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

The Supreme Court of the United States of America recognized that the right of the people to keep and bear arms existed prior to the Constitution by stating that such a right "is not a right granted by the Constitution ... neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence."
United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 -552 (1876),

The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law,
and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)]

"The provision in the Constitution granting the right to all persons to bear arms is a limitation upon the power of the Legislature to enact any law to the contrary. The exercise of a right guaranteed by the Constitution cannot be made subject to the will of the sheriff." [People vs. Zerillo, 219 Mich. 635, 189 N.W. 927, at 928 (1922)]

" The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, and not
such merely as are used by the milita, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or
broken in upon, in the smallest degree; and all this for the important end to be attained: the rearing up and qualifying a well-regulated militia, so vitally necessary to the security of a free State. Our opinion is that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right." [Nunn vs. State, 1 Ga. (1 Kel.) 243, at 251 (1846)]

For, in principle, there is no difference between a law prohibiting the wearing of concealed arms, and a law forbidding the wearing such as are exposed; and if the former be unconstitutional, the latter must be
so likewise. But it should not be forgotten, that it is not only a part of the
right that is secured by the constitution; it is the right entire and complete, as it existed at the adoption of the constitution; and if any portion of that right be impaired, immaterial how small the part may be, and immaterial the order of time at which it be done, it is equally forbidden by the constitution." [Bliss vs. Commonwealth, 12 Ky. (2 Litt.) 90, at 92, and 93, 13 Am. Dec. 251 (1822)]

"To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men
with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege."
[Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]"

:D

I just got off the phone with a local reporter...she is planning on doing a story on my class, and wants to sit in on a class and have a photographer attend, but when she found out about the I-594 issue, she said, "This story is much bigger than I originally thought...that's good."

The article won't be out for a time, but it is in the works! YAY!

:D

I just got off the phone with a local reporter...she is planning on doing a story on my class, and wants to sit in on a class and have a photographer attend, but when she found out about the I-594 issue, she said, "This story is much bigger than I originally thought...that's good."

The article won't be out for a time, but it is in the works! YAY!
Excellent Monica , excellent like I said before "you go girl"

Well, I had to cancel the women's firearm safety course because no one signed up. :( However, I talked the reporter who was planning on sitting in on it into coming to my Refuse To Be A Victim seminar last Saturday, and she really seemed to like it and think it was great information for the community!!:s0115:

After the class she asked me if I would be interested in writing a small (100 word) column for our paper on "Safety Tips". *GULP*

Then she told me she wrote a whole page on my class and it is coming out tomorrow!!! Woo Hoo!!

It's not about firearms, but hopefully it is at least a foot in the door, and we will have a working relationship from here on out...*fingers crossed*

What you have done Monica is you have shown her and the staff of the paper you are not crazy , even though you are a firearms advocate.
They have nothing to fear from you or people like you, [hope]:)

"Like a predator in the wild, predators in communities tend to take advantage of the weak, the injured or those who are simply not paying attention, said Cowles. "We don't want to look like prey to predators," she said. "

Bob Ferguson though Baronelle Stutzman looked like easy prey and would buckle under the full force of the state and his propaganda machine. He miscalculated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...used-serve-gay-couple-rejects-settlement.html

Monica, you are simply put, Awesome! You have the understanding of How Words Work, you have the Strength, provided from KNOWING you are Correct, (notice I did not say ~right~) and the intelligence tp put all those together!

That makes what you do, WORK! Sorry, for the zero class, I am sure, that happens in the more rural area of Gray's Harbor area, My (deceased) wife's family lived in Aberdeen, up until Mt. Saint Helen's spoke up, then they moved to Sonoma County, CA. But I occaisionly worked for her Father, Julian, who ran a gardening business, out of a Back Pack, and the transit system... Using an add,"to busy to come in out of the rain" I did his tree surgery for him!!!! Loved Aberdeen charm....

philip, just keep up your work, and wear down the "Illegitimate Carbon" and polish out a good diamond!!!!! :D

SO............... guess who has a weekly "Safety Tips" column in the local paper???? :D:D:D
<broken link removed>

It doesn't really have anything to do with guns, but the editor did put the date for my next Women's Firearm Safety Course in the tagline, so...every little bit helps, right? ;):)

WOW Monica your a star.
Your name is getting out along with what you believe in and that has to be a good thing.
It won't be long and everyone will know your name. About time you should think of running for office maybe ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top