JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good , good job Monica I'm with Bolus , you need to run but then your too good for the idiots in Olympia.
You need to send a copy to everyone in Olympia including the governer.:)

While I applaud the Lewis County approach, there are some problems.

1. Criminal statute of limitations: You have no defense if the prosecutor or sheriff change their collective minds before the expiration of the statute of limitations.

2. State enforcement: Does not prevent the WSP from enforcement or stings, although prosecutor can decline to prosecute. Have not looked up authority of AG to file misdemeanor or felony charge.

3. Momentum: Takes away some of the incentive to repeal or amend.

Lewis County makes a press release about I594

http://tdn.com/news/local/lewis-cou...cle_9f5b2dc6-8591-11e4-89c9-e39f59fc99db.html

Lewis County Prosecutor Jonathan Meyer and Sheriff-elect Rob Snaza in a joint press release Monday said the language of Initiative 594 — which requires more stringent background checks on firearms — is too vague to enforce and "criminalizes everyday activities."
"The Lewis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office will not make criminals out of the hardworking citizens of Lewis County," Meyer said in the press release. "I, in the exercise of my prosecutorial discretion, will not charge individuals with these types of violations."
But he does admit that I594 makes even temporary transfers a crime...
Despite such guidelines, Meyer said common, harmless gun activity between owners, such as temporary transfers, is technically illegal under the new law.
"If I go out with my brother-in-law and go shooting in the woods and he wants to try out my gun, we have to do a background check," Meyer said Tuesday. "If I go skeet shooting with my brother-in-law, we can't try out each other's guns."

Washington state Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, released a statement on Wednesday (Dec 17th) about the initiative, stating:

"…Therefore, at this point we have no interpretations of the initiative to offer to the public beyond the text of the measure itself. Local law enforcement and local prosecutors typically enforce and prosecute firearms laws."

Some journalists suggest that the AG office has "punted" the ball to local LEO and local AGs to enforce I594 without actually making an official stance on 594 (when and how it should be enforced).

To clarify...the DOL is stating that it's up to the LEOs to enforce the law...LEOs are stating they don't see temporary transfers as a crime and now you have local AGs agreeing with WSP.

Soo....let the cluster begin!

I wrote about this <broken link removed> and <broken link removed> and <broken link removed>. Funny, after months of writing about this, suddenly other media is learning that there may be some problems with I-594.
Will wonders never cease? :rolleyes:

[Monica, I PM'd you, please get back to me. It's important.]

Lewis County makes a press release about I594

http://tdn.com/news/local/lewis-cou...cle_9f5b2dc6-8591-11e4-89c9-e39f59fc99db.html

But he does admit that I594 makes even temporary transfers a crime...

Washington state Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, released a statement on Wednesday (Dec 17th) about the initiative, stating:

Some journalists suggest that the AG office has "punted" the ball to local LEO and local AGs to enforce I594 without actually making an official stance on 594 (when and how it should be enforced).

To clarify...the DOL is stating that it's up to the LEOs to enforce the law...LEOs are stating they don't see temporary transfers as a crime and now you have local AGs agreeing with WSP.

Soo....let the cluster begin!

Good stuff....thanks for sharing!! :)

Just got back from our other local paper after chatting with the editor. It's funny, he is not a 'gun guy', but he could easily sympathize with the plight of my and other firearms related businesses in regards to I-594...said to send him my second letter and he may be contacting me to do an article! :):)

I wrote about this <broken link removed> and <broken link removed> and <broken link removed>. Funny, after months of writing about this, suddenly other media is learning that there may be some problems with I-594.

I noticed, Dave...but I knew that linking your articles would be redundant...

*sigh*

Following this law sounds like just as much of a headache for LEOs as it does for gun owners...

Good stuff....thanks for sharing!! :)

Just got back from our other local paper after chatting with the editor. It's funny, he is not a 'gun guy', but he could easily sympathize with the plight of my and other firearms related businesses in regards to I-594...said to send him my second letter and he may be contacting me to do an article! :):)

Monica, we've got some good folks out there fighting for the rights of WA shooters (and, by extension, OR shooters). I'm very glad to see you in the mix, because, quite honestly, as a woman firearms-related business owner, you are perhaps different enough in the eyes of the media and the public from the 'typical' male-owned businesses that perhaps you'll be able to bend more ears - and I'm excited about that opportunity. Thanks for working hard to defend your business, and, by extension, the rights of all Washington gun owners. We down here in Oregon are watching Washington closely to see what will likely be coming our way.

I think that's what so many of us were frustrated by when talking to fence sitters and left leaners. Look, if you need 18 pages of b*** s**** to just make sure that a background check be run, you have a bunch of problems. I don't understand why so many just looked at the first line and said "sounds reasonable to me". :mad:
Perhaps we are not just a bunch of knuckle dragging, beer drinking, illiterate, red necks. WE CAN READ, AND WE DID! If it smells like poo, it's poo!

Well, I just got back from a radio interview!
I was pleasantly surprised that he really just wanted to know the 'who, what, where, when and why of my little women's firearm instruction business. He asked how I felt about I-594, and the effect it has had on my business, and I cried. (JUST KIDDING!!:D:D)
We shall see if the exposure helps...:)
Other than being a plaintiff in the Lawsuit, I am feeling like I hit a brick wall with my squeaking....:confused::confused:
Not sure where else to go and what to do...*sigh*

Well, I just got back from a radio interview!
I was pleasantly surprised that he really just wanted to know the 'who, what, where, when and why of my little women's firearm instruction business. He asked how I felt about I-594, and the effect it has had on my business, and I cried. (JUST KIDDING!!:D:D)
We shall see if the exposure helps...:)
Other than being a plaintiff in the Lawsuit, I am feeling like I hit a brick wall with my squeaking....:confused::confused:
Not sure where else to go and what to do...*sigh*

Monica, I think you've already done more in a very short period of time than many people have done or can do. Lot's of respect coming your way for being such a vocal and visual proponent of our rights. I know this affects your business, but it's clear you're fighting for more than just your business.

Hmmm.....I just noticed on my 'statcounter', a site that monitors my business website and what pages are visited, that a visitor using "Bloomberg LP" from New York visited my little webpage...wonder what they could have been up to?
o_Oo_O

Hmmm.....I just noticed on my 'statcounter', a site that monitors my business website and what pages are visited, that a visitor using "Bloomberg LP" from New York visited my little webpage...wonder what they could have been up to?
o_Oo_O

Are all your taxes in order? The IRS may be visiting you soon.

My first class "Post Initiative 594". o_O

Fortunately, we cover so much more than the 'hands-on' portion of firearm safety, that we still had a very full and educational day. :D It was also the first time I used the BB gun indoors! I put together an effective little BB target/containment system so I don't have BB's all over the hall...HA!

Too FUN!! :)
_1106161.jpg _1106164.jpg _1106166.jpg

Don'cha LOVE my little indoor target? I'm pretty proud of my little creation. Only had one BB ricochet out of it, but I think it actually bounced off the door, 'cuz she flinched very dramatically on her first shot. :rolleyes: But it kept all the rest of the BBs snugly in the putty. :cool:

Well...I'm gonna be there...anyone else? :)

Washington: Olympia Anti I-594 Rally Tomorrow!
nra-campaigners.jpg

On January 15, at 9:00 am, there will be a legislative rally against I-594 on the front steps of the Washington State Capitol building in Olympia. NRA-ILA Senior State Liaison Brian Judy will be speaking about how to get involved in the growing grassroots effort to reverse I-594 and its negative effects. Following the speakers, attendees will have the opportunity to go inside the Capitol and speak directly with their lawmakers.

We cannot afford to wait and suffer under the negative consequences of I-594.  We must act now! As you know, I-594 is erroneously described as a “universal background check” measure. It is not “universal”, however, because criminals will never comply with the requirements. Rather,  I-594 is universal handgun registration. Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database maintained by the state Department of Licensing.

Despite its passage on the November ballot, the fight against I-594 isn’t over and this rally is an opportunity to show politicians in Olympia how serious we are about protecting our Second Amendment rights. We cannot afford to wait and suffer under the negative consequences of I-594. We must act now!

Please be sure to attend this rally on January 15, at 9:00 am, on the Capitol steps in Olympia. If you can't attend, please contact your legislators in Olympia and urge them to support our efforts to overturn I-594.  Please also encourage your family and friends to attend.

Again, here are the details for the rally:

When: Thursday January 15, 9:00 am

Where: Capitol Steps in Olympia

What: Join fellow NRA supporters at the Capitol to protest Initiative 594 and to speak with your lawmakers about what they can do to overturn it!

For more information, please contact Lexy Rusnak, NRA-ILA Washington State Grassroots Coordinator at (800) 392-VOTE (8683) or via email at [email protected].

Just got home from the rally...that was an interesting experience. I was encouraged by the number of legislators speaking passionately about the ways they were trying to fight I-594, right down to Matt Shea's bill introduced just this morning to simply repeal the whole thing being passed around today! :) 'Course, insider reports are that there are simply not the 2/3 majority votes required in the first 2 years of a law to repeal it...but I still appreciate his tenacity and efforts.

I also got to meet 3 friendly faces;
~My own district's Representative Blake who has worked (by co-penning a letter back in October, along with Rep. Takko and Sen. Hatfield, sent to every newspaper in his district encouraging a NO vote on I-594) and is working tirelessly to protect the rights of his constituents as well as all law abiding citizens. I'm blessed that I didn't have to convince him or any of the legislators in my district, that I-594 was a BAD bill. :D
~That incredible journalist Dave Workman, who was diligently covering the event. I saw him working the crowds and getting plenty of quotes, which I look forward to reading soon...;)
~Finally, a very quick hello to Alan Gottleib, there to support and speak to the 'lobbyists', in spite of not feeling well...

The crown was diverse and friendly, and a decent size, considering it was a weekday, when many folks are working. I'm glad for the opportunity, and grateful the 80% chance of rain did not materialize until I got home...:)

Now to impatiently wait for more positive news on the "get rid of I-594" battle front, and opportunity to keep squeaking...;):rolleyes:o_O OOOH!!...just discovered someone from Washington DC searched for and visited my website...:eek::eek:

IMG_20150115_095947900_HDR.jpg IMG_20150115_100015705.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top