JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I noted in my letter and subsequent title as "severely criminalizes". Criminalizes does not do justice to what they are going for. A B felony is a serious crime reserved for robberies,rapes, burglaries, and serious assaults. Charging law biding citizens to that level of crime for owning what was bought legally is absurd. Also i noted that this "exception" is rigorous
That is such a great point. Imagine getting a Class B felony because you had a unregistered 30 round magazine in the garage. Jail time and no more soup, I mean guns for you! It's Redic x1000. It nearly makes my blood boil every time I think about this stuff.

New member here. Apologies if we're only supposed to link and not copy/paste from another thread. I posted this in the "Resources to Stop Initiative Petition 43"

Amends Constitution: Requirement to remove; sell; surrender; destroy; or register semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, handguns, and certain magazines [15 words; 15 word limit; "Amends Constitution" does not count]

Results of "Yes" Vote: "Yes" vote requires Oregon citizens to remove; sell; surrender; destroy; or register certain semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, handguns, and large capacity magazines (defined). [21 words; 25 word limit]

Results of "No" Vote: "No" vote retains restrictions barring firearms possession by disqualified persons. [10 words; 25 word limit]

Suggestion to change the Summary (underlined text in red = current version that should be deleted). Bold, blue text = proposed changes.

Summary: Measure criminalizes possession or transfer of "assault weapons" (defined)/ "large capacity magazines" (defined) certain semi-automatic weapons except for military/ law enforcement purposes, or persons authorized by State Police after criminal background check. Otherwise possession or transfer is a Class B felony. Within 120 days, persons lawfully owning such weapons or magazines must remove from Oregon, lawfully sell, surrender to law enforcement, render inoperable, or register items with State Police. Applies to inherited items. Bars moving covered items into Oregon. Assault weapons Weapons include certain semiautomatic rifles or pistols with a detachable magazine; pistol or rifles with a fixed magazine holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition; certain semiautomatic shotguns. Large capacity magazine is ammunition feeding device with capacity of more than ten rounds. Effective January 1, 2019. Other provisions. [118 words; 125 word limit]

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top