JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Camo jacket and his lies . should be charged. He escalated the situation to the police

They could try to charge him for that. Unless they got him to plead I doubt any prosecutor would want to spend more than :10 on it. Now if the family who is desperately trying to blame the Cops for this want to go to a civil action? Then they could go after him for lying to the Cops like that. Again When it gets to court the other side if going to point out to the jury same things several of us said. He had his gun at a bar, he most likely had alcohol in his system, I am sure blood was taken. If he was drunk yet another strike. Even if he was sober he chose to take a gun to a bar, get involved in a fight, continue to fight as Police are trying to sort it out, then drops his gun, then tries to pick it up in front of Cops. If I was on that jury I would be tempted to award them something against the guy who lied but not much as it's still the CCW holders stupid choices that got him killed. Not to mention if they win anything against this guy unless he has some real income or holding not much chance of getting much. Bottom line want to carry? Great. Use some common sense and you will not get shot by a Cop.

They could try to charge him for that. Unless they got him to plead I doubt any prosecutor would want to spend more than :10 on it. Now if the family who is desperately trying to blame the Cops for this want to go to a civil action? Then they could go after him for lying to the Cops like that. Again When it gets to court the other side if going to point out to the jury same things several of us said. He had his gun at a bar, he most likely had alcohol in his system, I am sure blood was taken. If he was drunk yet another strike. Even if he was sober he chose to take a gun to a bar, get involved in a fight, continue to fight as Police are trying to sort it out, then drops his gun, then tries to pick it up in front of Cops. If I was on that jury I would be tempted to award them something against the guy who lied but not much as it's still the CCW holders stupid choices that got him killed. Not to mention if they win anything against this guy unless he has some real income or holding not much chance of getting much. Bottom line want to carry? Great. Use some common sense and you will not get shot by a Cop.

You need to knock it off with the "OMG bar carry" talk. You might as well say OMG don't take your car keys into a bar. Thousands of people in Oregon including me have carried in bars for scores of years without incident. Bar carry has actually been beneficial in several cases where an ejected man comes back with his gun to shoot the place up and is neutralized by armed patrons or staff.

Obviously don't get intoxicated, but stupid signs or laws should not keep you from having one beer with diner. I can see why the family have desperately been trying to blame the Cops, because they did not have the bodycam video released today showing that the police were acting on bad information. Putting myself in the cops shoes, I can see how their response got artificially ramped up from spray and cuff to deadly force based on that lying jerk. The victim did not choose to get involved in a fight, he tried to keep the parties separate. The cops did not sort anything out. Hell they did not even turn on their car lights. Flashing red and blue are the universal "oh bubblegum its the cops" signal. Washington does not get blamed for doing the right thing.

Yes charges need to be filed against red shirt and camo jacket for the choke attack from behind and kick to the head from behind. I have a pet peeve against cowards (usually Leftist Antifa types like camo jacket) who attack from behind Oregon - Knockout game, what Degree of Assault?

What still needs to be sorted out is how many shots were fired? How many times was the victim hit and where? What condition was the victims pistol in (holstered, loaded, etc)? An yes what was the victims BAL?

Last Edited:
You need to knock it off with the "OMG bar carry" talk. You might as well say OMG don't take your car keys into a bar. Thousands of people in Oregon including me have carried in bars for scores of years without incident. Bar carry has actually been beneficial in several cases where an ejected man comes back with his gun to shoot the place up and is neutralized by armed patrons or staff.

Obviously don't get intoxicated, but stupid signs or laws should not keep you from having one beer with diner. I can see why the family have desperately been trying to blame the Cops, because they did not have the bodycam video released today showing that the police were acting on bad information. Putting myself in the cops shoes, I can see how their response got artificially ramped up from spray and cuff to deadly force based on that lying jerk. The victim did not choose to get involved in a fight, he tried to keep the parties separate. The cops did not sort anything out. Hell they did not even turn on their car lights. Flashing red and blue are the universal "oh bubblegum its the cops" signal. Washington does not get blamed for doing the right thing.

Yes charges need to be filed against red shirt and camo jacket for the choke attack from behind and kick to the head from behind. I have a pet peeve against cowards (usually Leftist Antifa types like camo jacket) who attack from behind Oregon - Knockout game, what Degree of Assault?

What still needs to be sorted out is how many shots were fired? How many times was the victim hit and where? What condition was the victims pistol in (holstered, loaded, etc)? An yes what was the victims BAL?

I just seen a video at koin.com it is the full version recorded by the camera the police were wearing. One frame the shows the victim raising his arm with what looked to be a gun in his hand .

According to latest articles:

1) Jason Washington obtained the gun from his friend, who wanted to fight the guys at the bar and gave gun to Washington. (Which might explain poor holster fit and performance).
2) Jason Washington BAC was .242 (about 3X the legal driving limit of 0.08)

Police Report Shows Jason Washington Died Holding His Friend's Gun

I've since changed my mind on who was at fault the most.

On initial reports, I blamed the cops.

On these latest reports and additional video, I blame Jason Washington and his "friend". His "friend" is a drunk brawling bubblegum, and Jason's judgement was wrong to stay out with his friend drinking, to take his friend's gun, and to get involved in the brawling.

Poor Jason Washington didn't have a chance with so much stupid surrounding him.

Don't go to Stupid places, with Stupid people, at Stupid times, and do Stupid things.

Blue shirt needs to loose his CHL.

I realize you want to defend this guy so no facts will be allowed in. Again, want to carry great. Do not get involved in a fight while you do. If you do, and Cops arrive, stop fighting. If you are too stupid to not and drop your gun, do not try to pick it back up in front of the Cops. Now you will of course not let any of this penetrate and go on blaming everyone else for this guys death. <shrug>
Bottom line is if he had not done a few really stupid things he would not have been shot. People who want to blame everyone else for stupidity are why so many people do stuff like this. All their life every dumb thing they do someone tells them it was all someone else s fault.

I nominate camo jacket for douche of the year and a wrongful death lawsuit.

I am still trying to find the FULL CELL PHONE video shot by Keyaira Smith that is a minute and a half long without news cuts or commentary.

I believe this is the video you are talking about
Man Killed By Armed Portland State University Officers Had Valid Concealed Carry Permit When He Died

In addition, here is the full 400 page grand jury report (pg. 76 of the report has the breakdown of the investigating detectives depiction of what transpired).
Grandy Jury Report PSU Shooting.pdf

Last Edited:
0.242 blood alcohol and carrying a firearm. People who are stupid drunk, do stupid things.
And the anti's calling for disarming the school police. They don't even need to be drunk to say stupid things.

0.242 blood alcohol and carrying a firearm. People who are stupid drunk, do stupid things.
And the anti's calling for disarming the school police. They don't even need to be drunk to say stupid things.

That does make it sad. Alcohol has an effect on the part of the brain that controls judgment. Some people are more prone to bad effects here than others. That BAC means he was probably quite impaired. Anyone who is not a heavy drinker would be fairly well along with that much in the system. It's a good lesson on why you should not carry when drinking. Some can handle alcohol and a gun, but many can't. This is a great example of one who could not and it sadly cost him his life, and the Cop who shot him has to live with this for the rest of his life now.

I find it a bit disturbing that the above link with the Grand Jury report actually lists witnesses full name, date of birth, addresses, and phone number for all of us to see. (e.g. 20 year old college girl witness). I thought they would black that out?

I find it a bit disturbing that the above link with the Grand Jury report actually lists witnesses full name, date of birth, addresses, and phone number for all of us to see. (e.g. 20 year old college girl witness). I thought they would black that out?

Normally they do. Not sure why the DAs office didn't...only thing that comes to mind is because it's a police involved shooting.

A few points I'll touch on.
Yes, you can carry in a bar in Oregon, but most CCW people have more common sense then to get drunk in public while carrying.
According to the report (yes, I read all 400 pages), the whole situation was a cluster bubblegum surrounding Washington's friend, blue shirt. The third bar they went to (previous one before cheerful tortoise), he got into an altercation with a bouncer and even pointed out he had a gun. I personally would have called it there.
When the racial slurs started flying at the cheerful tortoise from blue shirt, if I was his friend, I would have smacked him right then and there in public. We get tossed, he's pissed, but everyone goes home.
I agree on the point that camo shirt said a lot of bubblegum that did not transpire, and if anything, Washington's family should be suing the hell out of him.
The media (primarily KATU) created a witch hunt on circumstances that did not even exist. They tried to label it race based (though many of the witnesses refer to Washington and his friend as those white guys), which had nothing to do with it.
I am curious to see how this is going to continue to play out (civil case, and all the protesting at PSU scheduled).

From the very beginning I have thought that while the red shirt and cam people contributed to the 'riot', I have blamed the blue shirt for his death. He was told to calm down by his friends but he pushed and pushed to fight these people. HE was the cause of his friend's death. If he had been grown up his friend would be alive.

Do I think that Washington should have been involved, especially since he was carrying. No. Once his friend stopped hearing him call for calm he should have stepped out of it. I know that W was trying to help his friend but 1- he had been drinking a lot, 2- he was carrying a piece that was not his to carry, and 3- he was carrying it insecurely in a pocket. Once it fell out of his pocket and he realized it he should have directed all of his attention to putting his foot on it to secure it to the ground. In the heat of the action his attempt to pick it up got him shot.

I think he should have let blue shirt get his butt beat!

Last Edited:
From the very beginning I have thought that while the red shirt and cam people contributed to the 'riot', I have blamed the blue shirt for his death. He was told to calm down by his friends but he pushed and pushed to fight these people. HE was the cause of his friend's death. If he had been grown up his friend would be alive.

Do I think that Washington been involved, especially since he was carrying. No. Once his friend stopped hearing him call for calm he should have stepped out of it. I know that W was trying to help his friend but 1- he had been drinking a lot, 2- he was carrying a piece that was not his to carry, and 3- he was carrying it insecurely in a pocket. Once it fell out of his pocket and he realized it he should have directed all of his attention to putting his foot on it to secure it to the ground. In the heat of the action his attempt to pick it up got him shot.

You make good points, but Washington was so intoxicated he likely was not thinking in anything near a rational manner. Testosterone + booze overrode better judgement. But from the cop's perspective they have a guy with a gun engaged in a physical altercation refusing to immediately comply with commands to drop said gun. Its still kind of sad, but the dead guy and his buddies set the whole thing rolling down hill. If you wanna get hammered, ok cool. Leave the guns at home. One drink after work? Ok. But if you go out to get blasted, you may well get blasted if you are armed and drunk. Damned shame.

You make good points, but Washington was so intoxicated he likely was not thinking in anything near a rational manner. Testosterone + booze overrode better judgement. But from the cop's perspective they have a guy with a gun engaged in a physical altercation refusing to immediately comply with commands to drop said gun. Its still kind of sad, but the dead guy and his buddies set the whole thing rolling down hill. If you wanna get hammered, ok cool. Leave the guns at home. One drink after work? Ok. But if you go out to get blasted, you may well get blasted if you are armed and drunk. Damned shame.
I totally agree with you, and I am not defending him. Lots of blame all around and the end result was a sad thing for sure.

Do I think that Washington been involved, especially since he was carrying. No. Once his friend stopped hearing him call for calm he should have stepped out of it. I know that W was trying to help his friend but 1- he had been drinking a lot, 2- he was carrying a piece that was not his to carry, and 3- he was carrying it insecurely in a pocket. Once it fell out of his pocket and he realized it he should have directed all of his attention to putting his foot on it to secure it to the ground. In the heat of the action his attempt to pick it up got him shot.

There is the bottom line right there. The guy who got shot was very intoxicated and carrying a gun. A few will defend him no matter what because they are now immune to facts. It "has to be someone else who is at fault" syndrome. Alcohol effects the part of the brain that we use to make decisions. You can see how it may well have lead to a LOT of bad decisions. I used to party pretty hard. When young and living in the SW we would at times go into Mexico for the night or weekend. It was a ton of cheap fun. I used to warn any who wanted to go with me of "my rules".
1 our car stayed on the USA side.
2 We are entering another county here, things are not the same. If you get drunk and act the fool I will walk away and leave you. Will let your family know you got yourself in trouble here.
Of all the trips there only one time did one moron, who was a friend of a friend not listen. Got into a fight with bouncers in a bar. The rest of us walked. I went back and let his Mother know. Took her a good long while to get him out. He tried to laugh it off being tough. I said great you are never coming with me again, go with someone else.
This guy who got killed was the same situation. His buddy did not need him to protect him. His buddy was all grown up and needed to be allowed to pay for his own stupidity. Instead his drunk friend tried to babysit the fool and it cost him his life. Sadly the Cop who shot him has to live with this the rest of his life now. All because someone did not have enough sense to not drink and carry a gun.

<broken link removed>

out of 17 shots fired. More than a 50% hit rate indicates to me that the cops were not in fear for their lives.

Any clarification on if the pistol was out of its holster or not. I don't believe that the last line of this KATU story was worded correctly.

<broken link removed>

out of 17 shots fired. More than a 50% hit rate indicates to me that the cops were not in fear for their lives.

Any clarification on if the pistol was out of its holster or not. I don't believe that the last line of this KATU story was worded correctly.
The guy had one of those "clips" on his pistol.
Then it clips to your waistband supposedly.
The pistol is seen flying off during the struggle.

They ventilated him pretty good.
Looked like a bad shoot to me.

The guy had one of those "clips" on his pistol.
Then it clips to your waistband supposedly.
The pistol is seen flying off during the struggle.

They ventilated him pretty good.
Looked like a bad shoot to me.

Remember it was his friend's pistol, the guy in the Blue Shirt. Washington never meant to carry that night and it looks like he put the holstered pistol in his front pocket with the clip being caught on the outside. The report states that Washington put Blue Shirt's holstered pistol on his hip before leaving the bar, but that is not what is shown in any video.

The report states gun AND holster several time without making it clear if it is a holstered gun or if they were separate. A narrative of the video indicates that Washington was holding a holstered pistol after he stumbled back up after being knocked down by Mohamed Tuffa in the Red Shirt.

WASHINGTON SITS UP, USES LEFT ARM TO BRACE HIMSELF. GUN NOT VISIBLE IN RIGHT POCKET. NO GUN/HOLSTER IS VISIBLE ON
THE GROUND. OFFICER DEWEY COMMAND": DROP THE GUN, DROP THE GUN!

WASHINGTON GETS BACK TO HIS FEET. NO GUN/HOLSTER VISIBLE ON GROUND

OFFICER MCKENZIE ADVISES PPB OFFICERS OF GUN NEXT TO WASHINGTON. LIGHT ILLUMINATES GUN AND HOLSTER NEXT TO
WASHINGTON

GUN RECOVERED BY PPB OFFICER DARRELL SHAW

Which is why photo EVIDENCE: A040364: 6) Placard 11: 1x holster - only shows the empty holster. Because the other officer already removed it from the scene.

I would have said Bad Shoot, except for the fact that Patrick Dean shouted to the officers REPEATEDLY THAT WASHINGTON PULLED A GUN ON THEM.

So who is at fault? Patrick Dean for lying to the police and Mohamed Tuffa for starting the physical fight by attacking Blue Shirt from behind.

<broken link removed>

Sigh, yes all Cops are murdering scum who deserve to die. When ever someone pulls a gun on a Cop the Cop should be required to get on their knee and beg them to please put it back. Matter a fact we should just take all Cops guns away. After all every shooting by any Cop is bad.
There I agree with you, feel good now?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads