JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've read several opines on the same subject with some seemingly actually miffed.
Am I missing something here? My thoughts are; you close one ad and open another with the lead the way you want it. Especially makes sense when it started "bunch of guns" and all are sold but one stubborn one. Will we be shunned for closing an ad and reopening it? I guess I'll need to reread the rules.

I've read several opines on the same subject with some seemingly actually miffed.
Am I missing something here? My thoughts are; you close one ad and open another with the lead the way you want it. Especially makes sense when it started "bunch of guns" and all are sold but one stubborn one. Will we be shunned for closing an ad and reopening it? I guess I'll need to reread the rules.

Shunned, no, but I have a private conversation with Joe over this very thing just this week. I needed to change a title and he looked into it. It took a while, so I closed my ad and opened a new one. What he explained to me is that the original ad was already 'indexed' with the search engines and that could have a negative affect on traffic to the new ad.

I think I have that correct, as best as I can understand it. I'm not an IT or web guy, so I don't understand how that works. But he indicated it was best to keep the original ad up. If a header needs to be changed, he said to simply use the "report" button at the bottom of the original post and ask the moderators to change it for you. He said this is the preferred method.

Shunned, no, but I have a private conversation with Joe over this very thing just this week. I needed to change a title and he looked into it. It took a while, so I closed my ad and opened a new one. What he explained to me is that the original ad was already 'indexed' with the search engines and that could have a negative affect on traffic to the new ad.

I think I have that correct, as best as I can understand it. I'm not an IT or web guy, so I don't understand how that works. But he indicated it was best to keep the original ad up. If a header needs to be changed, he said to simply use the "report" button at the bottom of the original post and ask the moderators to change it for you. He said this is the preferred method.
What was that they used to say?
Oh yeah,if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I go for easy,which would be 'do it myself'. I would rather not wait for someone when it comes to an ad.
Sounds , pardon me,kind of a stupid way to go.But that's just me not liking big government:D

What was that they used to say?
Oh yeah,if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I go for easy,which would be 'do it myself'. I would rather not wait for someone when it comes to an ad.
Sounds , pardon me,kind of a stupid way to go.But that's just me not liking big government:D

If you read the thread I linked in a post above, you can see why Joe made the change. It was something he needed to do to keep traffic (and revenue) flowing to the site. Allowing people to change titles apparently messes with traffic to the site due to "indexing" and how that affects visitors in web searches. Since he has to earn revenue from this site, seems to me as it's his call. And considering it's free to post ads here, I'm not really complaining. If all I have to do is ask a mod to change it, that's not a big put-off for me. I'd like to see Joe bring in enough traffic to keep this site up and running at no cost to us. Read that thread, I think you'll see it's not a 'stupid' change, but a necessary one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top