JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I've seen a few questions around other forums try to answer this question, I'm hopeful that someone can shed some light on the subject with respect to Washington.

Can you carry in a church in WA state on the weekend, where the same church has a school on the property during the regular week?

Cheers,

-G

Ok, I've seen a few questions around other forums try to answer this question, I'm hopeful that someone can shed some light on the subject with respect to Washington.

Can you carry in a church in WA state on the weekend, where the same church has a school on the property during the regular week?

Cheers,

-G

My guess is that the school is a private school and not public?

I don't have the RCW memorized but I'm guessing you can carry.

I would read the law and inturpet it yourself vs asking internet yahooos like me;)

It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission after you live through a situation like this. What happened yesterday in Texas is the very reason why I carry EVERY DAY of my life. I have no desire to be a hero but I do want to live as long as i can, ON MY TERMS and not some crazed madman's last hoorah's terms.

I've never seen anything in the RCWs that would stop you from Carrying while in a Church but I would be very cautious about insuring I kept my Sidearm Concealed. Unfortunately, I would have to add, especially after the Texas issue.

I agree, in reviewing the RCWs regarding carrying in a church, I do not see anything that calls it out as a prohibited place.
The variable here was the addition of a private school on the same property, which is called out as a prohibited place in the RCW.

app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.280

It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission after you live through a situation like this. What happened yesterday in Texas is the very reason why I carry EVERY DAY of my life. I have no desire to be a hero but I do want to live as long as i can, ON MY TERMS and not some crazed madman's last hoorah's terms.

Personally this is what I would do ^^^.

I've never been called out for printing or whatnot and Leo has no reason to search me.

I'd rather have it and explain why after the fact then not have it - after all, concealed means concealed.

An example was a concert that I attended. There was a very brief pat down and bag check. I happened to have a maxpidition bag with a concealed gun pocket.

I just opened all of the zippers and folded the top one over the gun pocket. Got a very quick inspection and then was let thru.

Yea, you can call it a murse if you want, but it blends in with the pdx crowd pretty well. Works great for events where there are pat dows or you might print a lot.

We have a security plan at our church, and it will be reviewed again this week. While we'd never have a policy against lawful concealed carry, based on past discussions we won't be creating an affirmative policy stating that we endorse anyone doing so. That was on the advise of the law firm that represents the church. I'm one of several people that carry concealed at church. None, to my knowledge, are ushers but are known to those responsible for the safety plan. The guy in charge is retired law enforcement.

I wear glasses and have a hard time seeing any kind of signs that are posted on doors. Add that to a reading disorder that does not allow me to understand the written word real well, and I can easily misunderstand any kind of posted rules.

Somebody would have to explain it to me, but my wife says I have a hearing issue that sometimes does not register what is being said to me, so that could be a problem there.

The day any place I need to go has suitable armed / trained/ competent /trustworthy persons to protect me, is still going to be the day I still carry a gun.

When it is yours and your families personal safety at stake, why are ANYBODIES rules a consideration ?

I have been out in public one time in the last year without a gun and that was for a short period of time, but I was with @Caveman Jim then so I had no worries at all. :eek:

We encourage legal concealed carry at our church. We also have a really well thought out emergency plan.

I wouldn't say we encourage it, but my pastor knows that some of us do and is fine with it (heck, he goes shooting with some of us!). Ironically (or I believe, in God's timing), we already had a security expert scheduled to speak to us on this very topic last Sunday night. Needless to say it increased attendance. We have a preschool too, so that will factor in to the security plan. I'm proud that there are plenty of sheepdogs at my church, I'm proud to be counted among them, and I'm proud that my pastor appreciates that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top