JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One the things I've been working on is putting rounds on target the moment my pistols clears the holster prior to my support hand making contact with the gun then with my first aimed shot going straight to the pumpkin after 2 or 3 shots have stitched the "bad guy" as my weapon comes up to eye level.
Wow, that's impressive!! Do you think you could do that accurately at longer SD distances? Or is it strictly a short distance option?

Why not, if I may ask? They are not real weapons.
After reading about "force on force" training, I probably would if I could afford it. When I wrote that I was thinking about the kind of training I a familiar with... I couldn't imagine doing a "demo" that way in an uncontrolled setting. Too many accidents happen.

It seems more like an uncontrolled double tap. "I can't stop myself". I have a pistol with a very light trigger from the factory. Unmodified. It's easy to double tap when you aren't expecting. These tiny, snappy pistols, especially in 40 or 45.

It has to be especially traumatizing to shoot a friend. Feel bad for everyone in this case.
I had a competition pistol with a 2lb single action trigger... you really don't want to be in the habit of trigger take up with a pistol that has no trigger takeup, but a snappy pistol prone the AD double tap.... An AD in competition earns you a match disqualification. As it should. But I have had an unexpected shot with my G34, a Glock with a 3lb trigger.... and I had gotten used to taking up the pretravel... then the slightest bit of extra pressure due to hand squeeze or whatever sets off a round. I had to retrain myself out of that habit.

Did I miss something? You post all about FoF and Sim type firearms...so to be clear, you won't participate in anything where blue gun or Sim type weapon training is presented?
As I wrote elsewhere, I had not known about FoF training when I wrote that. And if you read the preamble to my post where I copied in an article/presentation on FoF, you would know that I included myself in those that were unfamiliar with FoF. And in particular, my comment was in reference to "demonstrations" ... at the time I wrote that, I did NOT know they were doing FoF training because the original article posted on the incident referred to it as a "demonstration". Yah, I don't still don't think I would like to be part of a "demonstration" that pointed a gun of any kind at a live person. They can choose somebody else for that. But I would be OK with FoF training, if I could afford it. Which is not going to happen on MY limited fixed income.

So yes, I have to assume you missed that, plus the order of my posts. Is it ok to write contemporaneously and then show that I have changed my mind about something in a later post... I thought I was being clear in the preamble that I hadn't known about FoF training, but maybe not clear enough.

Double sigh.
:s0092:

Last Edited:
Role play, sounds kinky.

I guess he forgot his safe word.
Guess I'll have to try that with the wifey tonight.

What kind of garb is appropriated for the encounter with the wifey? Should we both have "POLICE" or "FBI" tshirts, camo pants, and tactical utility harness (with water bag) for carrying "gear"? Or is there tacticool nightie and camo condom?

Guess I'll have to try that with the wifey tonight.

What kind of garb is appropriated for the encounter with the wifey? Should we both have "POLICE" or "FBI" tshirts, camo pants, and tactical utility harness (with water bag) for carrying "gear"? Or is there tacticool nightie and camo condom?
Just whisper to her that you're Alec Baldwin.

FoF would be technically pointing a gun of any kind at a live person...but in conjunction with a live fire class? That's a recipe for disaster...
FoF is apparently under tightly controlled conditions. I would not want to participate otherwise due to risk factors being out of my control.

Comparatively, a "demonstration" as mentioned could be anything. The instructor grabs a guy out of the class: "Hey bbbass, come up her and try to shoot me with this gun!"..... uhhhhhhh no thanx!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top