JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But someone must have had a muzzle aimed squarely at center mass of the instructor and pulled the trigger twice.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how something like that even happens.
Multiple law enforcement sources told the Miami Herald that it happened during a role-playing scenario in which one of them was trying to subdue a bad guy. The sources said the agent who shot Arias had accidentally replaced his training pistol with his handgun, which carried live ammunition. How that happened wasn't immediately clear.

It was force on force training where a live weapon was introduce into a sterile environment.
Every time I've taken a force on force class, the rules for maintaining a sterile environment are draconian -- one screw-up while being wanded or patted down when you're entering, and you're out. Doesn't matter that you honestly forgot about that backup knife or kubaton or firearm -- you're riding the pine. This is a good reminder as to why those rules are enforced so stringently.

Big difference between aiming at a target and center mass of another person.
So what? They were TRAINING and according to the article, demonstrating something. The poster wanted to know why they would shoot twice... are you another person that has never done "double taps" in training??????

Which answers the question of why he was shot twice! In training, we always do double taps on a single agressor, and sometimes even triple taps (two to the chest and one to the head).

Question, well why didn't he stop after the first round ignited? One would be surprised at how fast double taps can be, and the OODA loop has already told his finger to do a double tap.

For hunters and others that don't train in pistol defense scenarios, this may seem weird. But I'm still shocked by the number of NWFA members that don't seem to be familiar with double taps.

Which answers the question of why he was shot twice! In training, we always do double taps on a single agressor, and sometimes even triple taps (two to the chest and one to the head).

Question, well why didn't he stop after the first round ignited? One would be surprised at how fast double taps can be, and the OODA loop has already told his finger to do a double tap.

For hunters and others that don't train in pistol defense scenarios, this may seem weird. But I'm still shocked by the number of NWFA members that don't seem to be familiar with double taps.
Two to the chest, one to the head…. it's how I ride.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top