JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Carrying a gun for self defense is stupid. If you are being robbed, just give the robber what he wants. Your life or any life is not worth money. Very seldom does a robber want to kill you. And there are many women who are raped that go on to live normal, productive lives. Resisting during a rape will just get your face bashed in or worse. Self defense in reality does not work. A gun only increases your or a loved ones chances of getting hurt or killed by that stupid gun you got to protect yourself with.
sweatypie"

<broken link removed>

WOW! That's all I can say, WOW!

"Carrying a gun for self defense is stupid. If you are being robbed, just give the robber what he wants. Your life or any life is not worth money. Very seldom does a robber want to kill you. And there are many women who are raped that go on to live normal, productive lives. Resisting during a rape will just get your face bashed in or worse. Self defense in reality does not work. A gun only increases your or a loved ones chances of getting hurt or killed by that stupid gun you got to protect yourself with.
sweatypie"

<broken link removed>

this guys got some balls saying this in public..

pisses me the heck off.

Rape will affect someone for LIFE. they may not show it all the times but you can bet they are a different person after being violated like that.
this guy kinda just slaps victims in the face and laughs with that little comment

Well, it's no secret who HE voted for. This guy is going to be a victim, rather than a survivor and fighter. Stupid is as stupid does. Now that movie line makes all the sense in the world.

Well, it's no secret who HE voted for. This guy is going to be a victim, rather than a survivor and fighter. Stupid is as stupid does. Now that movie line makes all the sense in the world.

Well, it's no secret who HE voted for. Hmm, OK I guess Sweatypie could be a guy but I think it's a female. JMHO

The owner of the blog, Joe Huffman, is Pro-gun. someone named "sweatypie" sent that drivel to him and he used it for the "quote of the day".

Methinks the author of that nonsense is a man, who has never himself been raped. But he probably watches lots of "Law and Order, SVU" so he is just regurgitating what he heard his hero, Olivia Benson, say to a fictional victim.

I guess the saying is true:

"Ignorance is bliss"

I will carry, so if my life is threatened they will never threaten another person after me.

I guess all cops are stupid. I guess all soldiers are stupid. I guess all terrorists are stupid. Somehow he has escaped the clutches of airpalne drivers on 9/11/01. Maybe he'd like to try and rape me, or my wife.

sweatypie"

<broken link removed>

This has got to be sarcasm! If not, this is one of the most disturbing things i have ever read! How the F do you tell a Woman/Girl, if your being RAPED don't fight back, it will just make the poor RAPIST mad and he might hurt you? Normal, productive lives? By who's standard "sweatypie"? The DAMAGE to the victim will last a lifetime! It will affect every aspect of her life!

What a PUNK!!!

I would trade a year of my life to kick his *** !!!

Lefty.

This comment was posted to a San Francisco Chronicle web sight in response to a article they ran about open carry.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs...ckItemsPerPage=10&plckSort=TimeStampAscending

It does not surprise me to find this kind of attitude toward guns and their owners coming from the bay area.

However, I find sweatypie's comments about rape so egregious I would not be surprised if this is just bogus trolling.

Well, I guess the ten months in Iraq I was carrying an M4 around everywhere was stupid. I shoulda just left the damned thing in my wall locker so that if it came down to it, I would be completely helpless to defend the lives of my brothers and I when the SHTF. Oh well, next time maybe. Someone needs to kick "sweatypie" in the junk.

I agree with about 5&#37; of what he is saying. If I was out on a walk and some guy pulled out a knife and told me to "give me your wallet" I would just give it to him. A little money and having the hassle of getting a new drivers licence and canleing all my credit cards is a lot better than having to explain to a judge why I pulled my gun out when I was being robed with a knife.

but anything other that that He is complletly wrong. If someone is raping my wife, he is dead. If someone breaks into my house while I am asleep, He is dead. There would only be one side of the story, and that mine.

this guys got some balls saying this in public..

pisses me the heck off.

Rape will affect someone for LIFE. they may not show it all the times but you can bet they are a different person after being violated like that.
this guy kinda just slaps victims in the face and laughs with that little comment

Guys ... I have news for you ... The one who was able to get out of her mouth the foulness that her miniature brain was able to vocalize is a WOMAN. It says so in her profile on the blog ... So please don;t be that surprised. Sorry for the ladies who have a brain and read this but back in my native country we had a saying: Every wood has it's own rotten branches... Well, I guess sweatiepie's brains are rotten, too, if she still has a brain ...

I agree with about 5% of what he is saying. If I was out on a walk and some guy pulled out a knife and told me to "give me your wallet" I would just give it to him. A little money and having the hassle of getting a new drivers licence and canleing all my credit cards is a lot better than having to explain to a judge why I pulled my gun out when I was being robed with a knife.

but anything other that that He is complletly wrong. If someone is raping my wife, he is dead. If someone breaks into my house while I am asleep, He is dead. There would only be one side of the story, and that mine.

I don't give a ___ who it is.. Pull a knife on me and I consider that a threat to my life and I stop shooting when that idiot is on the ground and no longer a threat...Period. Regardless of act they are commiting.

Message to perps = don't pull a weapon on anyone unless prepared to take the consequences.
Also idiots that state things like in that thread quote are either not in this gallaxy mentally or they have bodyguards that do their dirty work.

Additional note: If you do not want to be a victim, don't look and act like one.
Second, don't frequent hornets nests unless you want to get stung.
Third, train for a worst case scenario and always be mentally prepared for it and if one and two are observed, you most likely will never need the third.

As for a knife... if in the hands of a perp that has no morals and who if truly violent, if you do not take them down you will bleed or die. Anything inside 15 feet and
you need to be quick and decisive. Someone on drugs can take several hits and keep coming. You fire until they are on the ground and neutralized There are only 2 hit zones that only one shot is insured of taking them down. Head or hip and they go down, and most in that scenario cannot afford the luxury of that unless extremely well trained, so just shoot high center mass until they are no longer able to move toward you.

I would like to know what this person is smoking...... I was a rape victom and yes I am a male and because of that my life will never be the same. I have issues in relationships..... I have some anger issues.... I have some depression. I am not a nut job because of what I went through but I have demons that I deal with everyday. This "woman" should be put in jail and raped.....when she gets out someone should take her money and stab her and when she gets out of the hospital she can go and live a normal life. Oh and the person who raped her in jail also had AIDS so lets see this person have a great life. She should just be an organ donor if you ask me because she is breathing my free air.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top