JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My old sentry safe with a digital keypad came with a long skinny skeleton looking key, did yours? Also any chance of getting a saw saw blade under it to cut your mounting bolts?

IMG_0363.JPG The gaps all look good and there is no way I'm cutting the bolts from the floor that thing is tight!

Before you cut the door you can try punching back a bolt--If you can drill a hole in the side or top of the safe- Many times bashing one of the bolts will force the others to also retract

This is a really good idea & worth a shot, least fire risk (BOOM!) & pretty quick.

I'd drill to get to push one of the bottom bolts, as that is which caused my door to hang up.

This is a really good idea & worth a shot, least fire risk (BOOM!) & pretty quick.

I'd drill to get to push one of the bottom bolts, as that is which caused my door to hang up.

My fav is one of the side bolts, the upper one is easier on my knees

What about knocking the thing off the concrete, might even rip the bottom out, then
straighten out whats left with a Harbor Freight body hammer set & reweld/remount?

I still think the bolt bashing is next though--Thing is it's sometimes the end of your safe
puts a lot of pressure on the other bolt linkages

Last Edited:
My fav is one of the side bolts, the upper one is easier on my knees

What about knocking the thing off the concrete, might even rip the bottom out, then
straighten out whats left with a Harbor Freight body hammer set & reweld/remount?

Bottom bolt is 14" from bottom of safe to center of bolt (on my safe), middle is just shy of 30" bottom of safe to center.

Bottom bolt is 14" from bottom of safe to center of bolt (on my safe), middle is just shy of 30" bottom of safe to center.

On my Sentry gun safe there are two bolts along the side, one top & one bottom--Sentry changes their production methods very regularly, they love to cheapen their product, unless someone has the same model safe it is hard to get the correct information.

My problem is not sure where the bolts are located. @MasterChief1 is sending me a camera to look in. Have I mentioned he ROCKS!

If I can locate the lower side bolt I will try drilling it. I can't do the upper ones because I can get those open.

I can literally put a flat bar in the top and pry the top of the door out about an incho_O

You might call Enumclaw Safe tomorrow and ask for suggestions. (360)825-5953. You could mention it is your safe and you have asked for help on this forum and many members are following your quest. :)

I know you have tried pressing in on the door, but that would be hard to get much pressure unless you can get a strap around the back. If so get a ratchet strap, sling the webbing around the safe, hold a stack short pieces of 2x4s on the door and strap them against the face. When you tighten the strap, the angle of the straps going over the 2x4 will create inward pressure on the door.

The higher the stack the more inward pressure.

Hope this helps.

I know you have tried pressing in on the door, but that would be hard to get much pressure unless you can get a strap around the back. If so get a ratchet strap, sling the webbing around the safe, hold a stack short pieces of 2x4s on the door and strap them against the face. When you tighten the strap, the angle of the straps going over the 2x4 will create inward pressure on the door.

Hope this helps.

That's a good idea :)

Hope this helps.

Good idea!

too much inward pressure could cause the same bind the other way. gotta find that sweet spot.
Pushing the handle down as hard as you dare while smacking the bottom with a big hammer didn't work huh?
Pump a bunch of lube in there and try it again...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top