JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Story . . . I have a friend who has been an avid elk hunter all his life.
A few years ago the night before the season he was preparing to pack
in for a week's hunt. He couldn't get his safe door open and had to borrow a rifle . . .

Sheldon

THERMITE :D you won't need to worry about that sticky door, those pesky bolts, or your garage getting i the way anymore

As a part-time safe cracker I've been hearing the old funny about tnt for years. Sorry but using heat-causing explosives would ruin the cash and other valuables in a safe, so I'm just not 'getting' the 'funny' part.

Yeggs (early safecrackers) used to fill the safes they opened with water, before adding nitro glycerin, to keep the contents intact

I can push the door in about a 1/4" If I use a flat bar I can actually push it in and lift up on the dang thing. Its crazy. Nothing has worked. :(

Bummmmer!

Don't even think taking a cutting wheel to the hinges will help, as there are backing hasp/bolts on my door on the right side to prevent such.

Might be worth a try if you need to destroy it anyways. May give the door enough to move to release whatever is holding the bolt in.

I'd be concerned about a cutting wheel on a side starting a box apon fire.

Bummmmer!

Don't even think taking a cutting wheel to the hinges will help, as there are backing hasp/bolts on my door on the right side to prevent such.

Might be worth a try if you need to destroy it anyways. May give the door enough to move to release whatever is holding the bolt in.

I'd be concerned about a cutting wheel on a side starting a box apon fire.

I'm thinking if I need to cut the door open I'll just cut the bottom of the door just the front part so I can get the bolts open and then re weld it.

I can push the door in about a 1/4" If I use a flat bar I can actually push it in and lift up on the dang thing. Its crazy. Nothing has worked. :(

Thing is with a pos like a Sentry safe (I have two, so I can say that),
sometimes when the door is pushed in, it causes a bind. Have you tried tapping the door with a rubber mallet or deadblow hammer, while trying
to turn the handle?

I would make a shim, and feel around inside the door to find where to drill for the bolt bashing. An aluminum can is thin enough, on my Sentry gun safe a piece of plastic from a milk jug would even work. Don't cut your hand on the pop can

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top