JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short I decided to rearange my shop and organize. My goal was to free up space, have a dedicated area for preps and get rid of old junk that I didn't need. One of my main reasons was I wanted to bring my old gun safe out and use it for ammo storage which would give me more room for toys in the new big safe.

So I got the old safe bolted down in its new location and ran out of time. Took a bunch of my ammo in ammo cans put them into the safe and locked it.

Now I can't get the bugger to open. My guess is that the door was a little tight and the bolts just aren't opening because of the ammo cans. Has anyone ever had this happen and if so how did you get the bubbleguming thing open. I am frustrated because most of my ammo is now in the damn thing. :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

What brand of safe and does the dial lock in but handle won't dissengage lugs or does combo dial just keep spinning after executing combo?

What brand of safe and does the dial lock in but handle won't dissengage lugs or does combo dial just keep spinning after executing combo?

I can execute the combo and the handle turns but not all the way. If I really pry on the handle I can get the top of the door to open a little just not the middle or bottom.

Gotcha, that might be a tough one with it being bolted down.I am trying to picture this, is the lugs mechanical linkage exposed to contents where they can interfere?

Gotcha, that might be a tough one with it being bolted down.I am trying to picture this, is the lugs mechanical linkage exposed to contents where they can interfere?

This was the first safe I ever owned. Its a sentry gun safe that I bought from Home Depot of all places back when I was just a youngster. The mechanical linkage isn't exposed so it has to be the ammo cans just pressing on the bolts that hold the door closed.

If weight of tge ammo has caused the safe to twist/bend in such a fashion as to cause the lugs to stick, can you apply force in the opposite direction to free said lugs? Big ratchet strap(s), winch, bottle jack against the bumper of a truck?

Well keep finesse jiggling the handle. If all else fails, use a skinny wheel on a side grinder to make an access panel that can be welded back in.

If weight of tge ammo has caused the safe to twist/bend in such a fashion as to cause the lugs to stick, can you apply force in the opposite direction to free said lugs? Big ratchet strap(s), winch, bottle jack against the bumper of a truck?

Good Point I didn't think of that. I will try that tonight.

Well keep finesse jiggling the handle. If all else fails, use a skinny wheel on a side grinder to make an access panel that can be welded back in.

Shoot if I have to I'll cut the whole dang thing open since the safe is only worth about $200 dollars ;) Just thought it would be great ammo storage. I might have to rethink that!

Maybe have your wife jiggle the handle while you give the side a few whaps with a small deadblow or sledge? That might let the linkage pop free....

I can't wait to see what happens, the suspense is killing me.

ECDA8792-DE81-4E3C-B62C-0BCAA24C5252.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads