JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's square, level, plumb and the gap around the door is even all around...

The bar that holds 3 bolts into the opening side got tweeked somehow and just needed a hole drilled and a little tapping it inwards fixed the whole issue.

Those are the clif notes for those that haven't read the thread.;)

So after all that, are you still willing to put expensive and fragile things in it and lock it again?

Absolutely!! If you go back and look at the pictures you can see the door panel taken off. I am going to beef up that bar so it won't bend anymore and JB weld the hole that we drilled and should be good to go for generations to come. Which is a good thing because unless SHTF in a bad way my son will have enough ammo for a life time. ;)

Man! I hate missing good threads!

Surprising though that you had time to get it open with 10 pages of meatheads telling you what to do :rolleyes:

Glad you got it open and hopefully your fix will allow it to remain secure and usable for the future.

I actually read through this entire pig of a thread - lots of good suggestions out there - and each time I had an idea, I came across someone else that had already posted it. I guess mediocre minds do think alike :p

Last Edited:
Long story short I decided to rearange my shop and organize. My goal was to free up space, have a dedicated area for preps and get rid of old junk that I didn't need. One of my main reasons was I wanted to bring my old gun safe out and use it for ammo storage which would give me more room for toys in the new big safe.

So I got the old safe bolted down in its new location and ran out of time. Took a bunch of my ammo in ammo cans put them into the safe and locked it.

Now I can't get the bugger to open. My guess is that the door was a little tight and the bolts just aren't opening because of the ammo cans. Has anyone ever had this happen and if so how did you get the bubbleguming thing open. I am frustrated because most of my ammo is now in the damn thing. :confused:o_O:rolleyes:
Did you get your problem fixed? If not, I was thinking (hurts when I do that) put a cheater bar on handle. Might help you apply more force. Just try to ease it open. Hope you don't break handle though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top