JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Progressive republicans ? Sounds' like gender confusion

Progressive Republican (oxymoron)

Since Knute's ads keep coming up I go ahead and watch them even though I'd rather not. I only watch to see what he is saying or rather not saying. I have yet to see him mention that he is currently an member of Oregon legislator (including his voting record) or how he qualifies to lead Oregonians. All he keeps mentioning for qualifications is that he is a doctor and we all know where that got us with the last one. His forced resignation is how we ended up with Mrs. Brownstain.

His unwillingness to speak publicly or debate another candidate says to me that he isn't being honest about who he is and what he represents. The day of electing officials and hoping they turn out to be reasonable is over. As far as politicians go...I'm judging all the books by their cover

Knute-poop has got an F- rating with OFF... that's all I need to know.

Seems like the choice is between Sam Carpenter and Greg Woolridge.

The things that bother me about Sam:
Educated at New York State Ranger School - I am heavily biased against Eastern US culture. IMO nothing good ever came from there. Trump is doing well but we'll have to see in the long run.
His (edit: Sam's) list of experiences are so many... disturbing in some ways that he may not be able to stick to any one job.

Woolridge:
Despite the voters pamphlet, the only thing I know about the guy is that he ran the Blue Angels for a long time. I don't want to make the mistake of thinking that just because he is ex-military that he is a true conservative as I know many vets that are total libs.

Last Edited:
I'm sorry but if you can't be a man and come out and say EXACTLY what you stand for, all in the name of wooing progressives, than your not worth a pig's fart.

I emailed Knute during all of these recent Senate Bill intros and he replied that he supports the 2A but basically tried to act like he knows better than the peasants and is looking to submit "common sense" gun measures.

His remarks were arrogant and ignorant. He is worse than a RINO in my opinion.

Sam Carpenter is the man that is putting everything on the line and not ashamed about his PRO-Oregon and PRO-America stance. I really think Oregon could greatly benefit from his leadership.

SAM SAID HE SUPPORTS THE 2ND AMENDMENT EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS WRITTEN there are a ton of republicans in the primary and 3 comucrats . Everyone needs to put SAM in the run if he don't make it we are done.He has many other good points besides guns small businesses are getting shafted it' getting almost impossible for them to legally operate in Oregon. SAM is upfront instea of trying to cater to the left us to get votes.

Very well done! Do you edit those using Power-point, or Photoshop or what?

Might want to edit spelling: violates, constitution, impoverished

She could be vulnerable - she only got 51% of the vote in the 2016 election according to Wikipedia:
Kate Brown - Wikipedia

That Wikipedia page, under "criticism" says she changed the date of an election between Avakian and Starr so Avakian would have the advantage. She's changing the 2018 rules for gathering ballot signatures to make it easier to get the 88,000 by the deadline - she's a slimeball.

With these anti-gun bills, the R will have a good chance of removing her unless conservative 3rd parties steal enough votes to give her the win.

Knute-poop has got an F- rating with OFF... that's all I need to know.

Seems like the choice is between Sam Carpenter and Greg Woolridge.

The things that bother me about Sam:
Educated at New York State Ranger School - I am heavily biased against Eastern US culture. IMO nothing good ever came from there. Trump is doing well but we'll have to see in the long run.
His list of experiences are so many... disturbing in some ways that he may not be able to stick to any one job.

Woolridge:
Despite the voters pamphlet, the only thing I know about the guy is that he ran the Blue Angels for a long time. I don't want to make the mistake of thinking that just because he is ex-military that he is a true conservative as I know many vets that are total libs.

Looks like Cuff, Carpenter and Wooldridge are all excellent on 2A. If more than one of them are in the primary against Buehler, then Buehler will win. It's a numbers game - 2nd place does not get a prize - it's winner take all. I'm voting Carpenter, and will vote R in the November election no matter who it is - unless I sell out and move out of state due to these gun bills and I am considering doing that.

Looks like Cuff, Carpenter and Wooldridge are all excellent on 2A. If more than one of them are in the primary against Buehler, then Buehler will win. It's a numbers game - 2nd place does not get a prize - it's winner take all. I'm voting Carpenter, and will vote R in the November election no matter who it is - unless I sell out and move out of state due to these gun bills and I am considering doing that.

Thanx for the insight!

Too bad there's no way to get them all into the same page that they need to narrow the field and FAST, because any more than ONE challenger means Knucklehead Knute, and then Brownstain, win.

Four out of those five need to put Greater Good ahead of Personal Ambition & Ego, STAT. EDIT: Well, two out of those three... if more Progtard candidates dilute Knucklehead's strength that's a Good Thing.

There is nothing on gun rights on his website. What politicians say in talks is ephemeral and can vary with the audience. What he puts on his website is going to be closer to what he is willing to be held to. He says vague things about individual liberties on the website. But nothing explicitly about gun rights. Maybe he needs to be pressed to take a more explicit stand on guns on his website and in the voters pamphlet.. Preferably by registered longtime republicans. (Which I am not.)

I might cross party lines this time over the gun issue. But not to replace an anti gun democrat governor with an anti gun republican governor. And probably not for a candidate with no formal commitment to gun rights on his website or in the voters pamphlet.

"Not all Democrats are horse thieves. But all the horse thieves seem to be Democrats"!

Carpenter just got an endorsement from a County Sheriff.

Wooldridge's own campaign manager said they had to convince Wooldridge to run....we cannot afford a limp-wristed candidate...

I'd vote for Wooldridge if he wins the primary.

Last Edited:
If the more anti gun stuff goes through I will move to California .Oregon and Cali will be the same they each even have their own brownstain. at least I can enjoy some decent weather . Does a sanctuary city apply to Oregon refugees to.?

Just made a 4-day road trip through Central and Eastern Oregon. Saw lots of political signs promoting local representatives across dozens of districts and counties.

Saw several signs up for Sam Carpenter for Oregon Governor. All of them in fact.

Sadly, a very low percentage of voters in those parts of the state (and to the south) actually make it to the polls historically. Something below 40%. I hope all of the fine, hard working rural folks are able to unify in this crucial primary and election - this time more than over - and spread the word for everyone outside of the predominantly blue I-5 corridor to vote and help end the horrifying liberal occupation of this otherwise beautiful state.

Just made a 4-day road trip through Central and Eastern Oregon. Saw lots of political signs promoting local representatives across dozens of districts and counties.

Saw several signs up for Sam Carpenter for Oregon Governor. All of them in fact.

Sadly, a very low percentage of voters in those parts of the state (and to the south) actually make it to the polls historically. Something below 40%. I hope all of the fine, hard working rural folks are able to unify in this crucial primary and election - this time more than over - and spread the word for everyone outside of the predominantly blue I-5 corridor to vote and help end the horrifying liberal occupation of this otherwise beautiful state.

Don't They vote by mail ?

However people vote in rural Oregon, I hope they ALL do. And I hope they all vote Pro 2A. This state and your Constitutional rights are being systematically destroyed by 3 heavy voting concentrations (mostly Portland, Salem and Eugene) of shrieking liberals in vagina hoodies.

Last Edited:
Conservatives cannot hope to win without the support of the non-affiliated voters; outreach!

Screenshot_20180426-075114~2.png

I was non-affiliated until Trump ran. I switched to R so I could vote Trump in the Primary.

I think Brown is vulnerable as long as a conservative 3rd party candidate doesn't take votes from the Republican - she only got 51% in 2016. These anti-gun bills should bring out a lot of pro-gun voters so I think the R candidate can win. That could end up being Buehler - and his position on guns, although not as strong as Carpenter, is still very good, and he is opposed to IP43:

Oregon - Gun owners must unite to beat Kate Brown in November

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads