JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh nice, a cup of removal of more rights with a side of redirection.

New gun laws often tie into unknown polices and enhances them.

They also often times like these two, help people turn you in.
I was not aware FFLs were qualified mental health experts.
But I am sure the state would give them a nod to pretend they are.

For the record, FFLs are not your friend. They are not your enemies .
No one opens a FFL to secure our rights they do it for capital gains.
Nothing wrong with making money.
But lets not get carried away and worry about their feels.

That is like a Pharmacist denying your prescription because you were once an addict.
So dust off that 3rd degree burn and just take a Tylenol.
No Opiods for you you junky.

That is what we are asking for with these.

I could see how a bill like this could nicely slide into a way for law enforcement to have a storage area for seized firearms by contracting with FFLs. That program would need a tremendous amount of administrative oversight and control. Part of the cost for storage could be deferred to the person whos guns were seized or surrendered, resulting in accumulated storage fees so high that the price would far exceed the price of the firearms.

Once the storage program is in place, it's easy to see how a Canadian or UK type system could be an outgrowth where all personally owned firearms are stored with a gun dealer, range, or shooting club. It turns into a wet dream for liberal gun grabbers and criminals alike.

Well hello mister frog. Since you're already in the pot and you didn't notice that we've passed M114 and HB2005, we'll just turn the heat up a little more. I'm sure you won't notice. After all, the frog next door has it much worse, so you should be able to handle more pain without complaining.
I may have under reacted to the news of these proposed short session laws. I am waiting for the 2025 First Lady to turn me back to a Prince.

1706970526964.jpeg

How do I really feel? If these proposed laws pass I am moving to Canada. I can't take much more of these bubblegumming laws trying to restrict a person's choice to stay on this planet.

Nothing is unimportant. All measures especially the ones that "sound good" are just that, good. My opinion anything in my life that leads me to that word I test the source and motive. I think, what is Great? Good is usually wrapped up in a feeling inspired from someone else's motive and opinions that generally leads me to mediocrity. When I go down the path of greatness I've spent the time looking at all the angles. This leads me away from making a choice to making a decision, two different things. Choices always leave you undecided, wavering. When I decide something I'm resolute, standing firm. So it may sound good to pass or incorporate a bill like this, feels right. But it can be a sleight of hand that ultimately will make a pathway to more aggressive violations of one's personal freedoms. I don't need the government providing mental and emotional support. I will be an active participant with my creator, family and community. I have a responsibility to respond to those I see around me in pain. I deal with it all the time when I'm with a client in their home. I may be there for HVAC but sometimes I put it aside and serve in another capacity. I apologize if I went off on a tangent, it's just frustrating watching the world around me constantly trying to superimpose their opinions over the life I'm striving to live well.

Found a letter to FFLs from the ATF from last year. ATF storage letter. This is the ATF setting us up for off-site private firearm storage. Once a system is established at FFLs, gun clubs, and ranges, it can easily move into a mandatory system, similar to what they have in the UK. It has nothing to do with older white men living in rural areas committing suicide with a firearm as HB 4096 would have you believe.

This storage issue with the ATF came about as a part of Bidens plan to "reduce gun violence". The whole thing is a red herring and designed to ensnare law abiding citizens. The criminals, as has always been the case, don't give two chits about what the law says.

HB4096 actually doesn't sound terrible. With some polishing it could be a perfectly reasonable gun law (and we know how rare those truly are), which provides a resource for gun owners facing suicidal ideations who feel they have no other way to safely re-home their weapons while they seek help. The freak out post from OFF is just Kevin Starrett being hyperbolic as usual.
All gun laws are infringement. Yes, liberty often comes at the cost of safety.

Once the storage program is in place, it's easy to see how a Canadian or UK type system could be an outgrowth where all personally owned firearms are stored with a gun dealer, range, or shooting club. It turns into a wet dream for liberal gun grabbers and criminals alike.
^^^IMO this is the ultimate goal.

In Utah, you can give your guns to someone else for safekeeping if you think it would be better if you didn't have any guns around you. It's key and just makes sense. Let's empower people and their friends/family to do the right thing. Oregon has to add this (along with not including friend and family):

"or reasonably should know, is a danger to self or others."

That word is a dog whistle that makes attorneys salivate. They can and will ALWAYS argue that some act was not reasonable to open the lawsuit floodgates. So then it never gets used. When you don't have the will to solve the problem, the problem will never get solved.

In Utah, you can give your guns to someone else for safekeeping if you think it would be better if you didn't have any guns around you. It's key and just makes sense. Let's empower people and their friends/family to do the right thing. Oregon has to add this (along with not including friend and family):

"or reasonably should know, is a danger to self or others."

That word is a dog whistle that makes attorneys salivate. They can and will ALWAYS argue that some act was not reasonable to open the lawsuit floodgates. So then it never gets used. When you don't have the will to solve the problem, the problem will never get solved.
Utah and Louisiana don't have UBC like Oregon does.

FWIW, I did speak to a now famous gun rights attorney in Oregon about this issue. He was adamant that the only way he would advise a client to offer the service is if the law provided unlimited immunity from responsibility, especially in a red flag situation. He also brought up the question of discrimination if the FFL did NOT allow storage to a specific individual.

Both attorneys that I spoke to say that an FFL, that is a gunsmith, can already provide storage without a background check. One of the FFLs I spoke to does in fact provide that service. However, if it goes into their book, you need the 4473. Oregon could easily require a permit if M114 or some other permitting scheme goes into effect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top