Candidates for Oregon Governor

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by Oathkeeper1775, Apr 12, 2018.

1. ob1

ob1
    46th parallel
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Them Hungarians are cheap sons a guns aren't they ?

mkwerx, nammac and JavaDude like this.
  2. Doublesunder

Doublesunder
    PULL !!!!
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. Doublesunder

Doublesunder
    PULL !!!!
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Russian Collusion !!!

mkwerx likes this.
  4. NW Backpacker

NW Backpacker
    In the hills

I agree that the law was not required - same with the ERPOs - not necessary. As far as I know, threatenening someone is a crime. I suspect if the cops were called because a law abiding citizen threatened someone they'd be locked up (particularly if it's someone they live with); but if a trouble maker, say in Parkland, FL threatens someone, they may let them go - about 40 times in fact.

mkwerx and nammac like this.
  5. ob1

ob1
    46th parallel

Well you are talking about Broward County. :rolleyes:

As far as practice from one jurisdiction to another, I don't think you would find a huge difference in the ability of a victim to legitimately obtain restraining / protection orders if they so request. That is after all a function of the courts, not the first responders.
    As far as domestic co-inhabitants are concerned, protection orders become mandatory when sufficient evidence is observed and reported, regardless of the wishes of the victim's.
    Again, the mechanism is already in place, and is designed to function without denying due process to the accused.

NW Backpacker and nammac like this.
  6. Mister Bisley

Mister Bisley
    Wilsonville
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Actually, these platforms are trending slightly downward. Older folks are just jumping on, but the new kids are bored. I’m sticking to my guns about social media. Sadly, you’re right about things not being on there, then they don’t get the attention.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. GlockFan1990

GlockFan1990
    Clackamas

Absolutely f****ing disgusting! :mad: God I hate Kate Brown!!! I could feel my stomach contents moving up into the back of my throat after watching that. We can not endure another 4 years of that c**t!

JavaDude and nammac like this.
  8. ob1

ob1
    46th parallel

I'm right with you etrain. I just got my new AARP flip phone and I'm chompin at the bit to reach folks.
    Now that stary looking button * next to the tic tac toe button #...thats the one you push to get hold of snow flakes right ? :s0153:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    NW Backpacker, nammac and etrain16 like this.
  9. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

I don't know about falling off - I see plenty of young folks, sub-high-school age to 20's, 30's, still very actively using sites like Facebook and Instagram. The problem is there are more site vying for their attention. They certainly aren't dropping off social media, just spreading out to new platforms as quickly as they can be created. Certainly some young folks don't appreciate the fact that older people decided to adopt Facebook, but by no means is FB on the way out - heck, look at all the fallout just recently with Suckerberg and Congress. In fact, if it's a slightly older voting group we want to reach - FB may be a good way to do it. Many, many people aren't nearly as paranoid about using things like FB as some of the folks here are. The IP43 opposition page alone has 117,000 followers last I checked, and that's more than twice the number of folks on NWFA. We simply can't ignore the reach potential of social media - to do so is to turn our backs on a very useful tool.

One thing is certain - the days of relying heavily on TV and newspaper ads to get the word out have all but passed. The new age of media has arrived, for better or worse, it is what it is.