JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uh....Of all those examples in the law that you cited, which one wasn't already enforced by existing law ?

Those examples were feel good excuses for those who didn't bother to do delve into the subject any further.

Or do you believe that a misdemeanor conviction should be elevated to include Felony level punishment without due process. Still even in this case the remedy already existed by means of restraining orders if the situation's severity so merits.

I agree that the law was not required - same with the ERPOs - not necessary. As far as I know, threatenening someone is a crime. I suspect if the cops were called because a law abiding citizen threatened someone they'd be locked up (particularly if it's someone they live with); but if a trouble maker, say in Parkland, FL threatens someone, they may let them go - about 40 times in fact.

but if a trouble maker, say in Parkland, FL threatens someone, they may let them go - about 40 times in fact.

Well you are talking about Broward County. :rolleyes:

As far as practice from one jurisdiction to another, I don't think you would find a huge difference in the ability of a victim to legitimately obtain restraining / protection orders if they so request. That is after all a function of the courts, not the first responders.
As far as domestic co-inhabitants are concerned, protection orders become mandatory when sufficient evidence is observed and reported, regardless of the wishes of the victim's.
Again, the mechanism is already in place, and is designed to function without denying due process to the accused.

:s0101:

The other stubborn thing we may have to get past, as a group, is the insistence that we will never use social media. Sorry folks, like it or not, if you want to get your message out there, you're going to need platforms like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. That's where many, many folks get their information nowadays. Like 'em or hate 'em, they are now part of the American culture and one of the best ways to reach folks from Millennials up to Boomers - my parents are active on FB, and they're in their 70's. Honestly, if it doesn't show up on social media, there's a good chance they won't even hear about it. Time to suck it up and use those platforms against them, as much as possible.

Actually, these platforms are trending slightly downward. Older folks are just jumping on, but the new kids are bored. I'm sticking to my guns about social media. Sadly, you're right about things not being on there, then they don't get the attention.

Last Edited:
The other stubborn thing we may have to get past, as a group, is the insistence that we will never use social media. Sorry folks, like it or not, if you want to get your message out there, you're going to need platforms like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. That's where many, many folks get their information nowadays. Like 'em or hate 'em, they are now part of the American culture and one of the best ways to reach folks from Millennials up to Boomers

I'm right with you etrain. I just got my new AARP flip phone and I'm chompin at the bit to reach folks.
Now that stary looking button * next to the tic tac toe button #...thats the one you push to get hold of snow flakes right ? :s0153:

Last Edited:
Actually, these platforms are trending slightly downward. Older folks are just jumping on, but the new kids are bored. I'm sticking to my guns about social media. Sadly, you're right about things not being on there, then they don't get the attention.

I don't know about falling off - I see plenty of young folks, sub-high-school age to 20's, 30's, still very actively using sites like Facebook and Instagram. The problem is there are more site vying for their attention. They certainly aren't dropping off social media, just spreading out to new platforms as quickly as they can be created. Certainly some young folks don't appreciate the fact that older people decided to adopt Facebook, but by no means is FB on the way out - heck, look at all the fallout just recently with Suckerberg and Congress. In fact, if it's a slightly older voting group we want to reach - FB may be a good way to do it. Many, many people aren't nearly as paranoid about using things like FB as some of the folks here are. The IP43 opposition page alone has 117,000 followers last I checked, and that's more than twice the number of folks on NWFA. We simply can't ignore the reach potential of social media - to do so is to turn our backs on a very useful tool.

One thing is certain - the days of relying heavily on TV and newspaper ads to get the word out have all but passed. The new age of media has arrived, for better or worse, it is what it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top