JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

Curious where do you buy your bullets for reloading? Are there certain places you won't buy from because of price, customer service, lead time, etc....?

I've got everything I need to start reloading but bullets. Primarily interested in where I can get good quality FMJ for plinking...but also interested in getting some JHP's for home defense.

So where would you recommend a newbie to shop for bullets....handgun as well as rifle?

Thanks,

I buy from only three places. First, I order all practice pistol and .223 bullets from Montana Gold by the case. Great bullets, prices are reasonable, service is great (when they have them), and price is delivered to my dooor.

Second, I buy my "serious" bullets from Powder Valley. Again, great service, good prices, and I don't have to run around checking for stock. I usually just add to my powder/primer order for convenience. If I haven't maxed out my hazmat box they just toss them in the empty space. Rest of the time they ship via USPS Flat Rate Boxes. Sure love the look on the person who delivers a 50# box to my door.:cool:

Lastly, if, and only if, I am shopping at my local Gun Shop or Cabela's, etc, and I see a box of something I regularly use, I'll pick up a box or two to fill out my shelf.

Right now it's going to take a lot of patience. Bullet makers are behind the curve, suggesting that they will be taking anywhere from 30 days to most of the rest of the year to fill orders.

Just a funny thought, but I wouldn't be surprised to see people standing at freeway ramps or intersections with cardboard signs. Instead of them saying "Will Work for Food", they'll say "Tough Times, will work for Bullets, Powder, or Primers" ;);)

I've been picking and choosing from Gunbroker.com and finding some great deals. I click Buy Now as I don't want to bid and find I get everything I want. Most except Paypal and it here in a couple days. Its almost like going to a gunshow in the old days.

I'm not sure you're going to find anyone with "Bulk" 9mm, .40 maybe. I'm not actively looking, for some reason last year I was making sure I had 1000-1500 of all I load. Google Rainier Ballistics, I'd seen some .45 available at some online source. I use their 200gr Plated HP in .45 with good results. Montana Gold is what I use in 9mm, .40 and .38/357, fully jacketed not plated. Their site has been out-'O-commission for some time though. For some reason it says down for maintenance? Before that they had outs and were limiting quantities? Maybe call the # and see if someone answers?

Mike

I'm not sure you're going to find anyone with "Bulk" 9mm, .40 maybe. I'm not actively looking, for some reason last year I was making sure I had 1000-1500 of all I load. Google Rainier Ballistics, I'd seen some .45 available at some online source. I use their 200gr Plated HP in .45 with good results. Montana Gold is what I use in 9mm, .40 and .38/357, fully jacketed not plated. Their site has been out-'O-commission for some time though. For some reason it says down for maintenance? Before that they had outs and were limiting quantities? Maybe call the # and see if someone answers?

Mike

MG is now about two months behind on their orders, maybe even more. No point in taking more orders only to not know when they'll be able to ship. Never fear, they'll be back online in a month or so.

If you are interested in hard cast lead bullets, I recently bought from Falcon Bullets. They shipped 2k 9mm 115gr LRN to me on a Monday when I placed the order on a Saturday, had them in just a few days. Good price, too.

I have loaded and shot about 200 of them and they work great, no complaints at all. They worked great with the previous load I was using as they replaced plated bullets that I could not get my hands on.

MidSouth has great prices and don't screw you on shipping and handling prices. I will also order from Powder Valley if ordering primers and powder.

I always buy in bulk to save money. Nosler has 250 packs and to really save money they offer 1,000 packs. Sierra sells 500 packs. For pistols Berry's sells 250 and 1,000 packs. Nosler has a website where they sell seconds for really good prices. A second is a production over-run or a color blemish or off colored bullet, far as I have ever been able to tell.

The only bulks bullets I saw were HSM 357/38 plated hollow points in boxes of 500
Hopefully then the Bend store isn't far behind and will have HSM. I started using them a couple years ago when the Bend store started carrying them and I was sold! The plating is the best of any plated bullet I have seen (much better than Berry's) and I really like the 125 gr. PHP in .38/.357. Those and the 124 gr PRN 9mm are the only two I have used from them.

If you are interested in hard cast lead bullets, I recently bought from Falcon Bullets. They shipped 2k 9mm 115gr LRN to me on a Monday when I placed the order on a Saturday, had them in just a few days. Good price, too.

I have loaded and shot about 200 of them and they work great, no complaints at all. They worked great with the previous load I was using as they replaced plated bullets that I could not get my hands on.
Just ordered a box of 500,180 gr 10mm.$47.00 shipped.cool.

I have used X-Treme Bullets almost exclusively for pistol bullets. Like everywhere, they are behind on shipping right now but they provide dealer pricing for orders over 25k projectiles. :D

eta: X-Treme bullets are a copper plate/wash. Not as hard as FMJ, but not as soft as lead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top