JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was re-watching this video of a sling pack that has a spot to install a "custom ballistic panel". Wouldn't that cost a small fortune to have a panel custom made? Or are there pre-made soft panels that you can buy (say as a rectangle) and cut it down to size?

I bought a couple of these packs for very cheap and if adding a panel would be inexpensive it might be worth doing. You can carry an mp5 or BRN-180S size gun + many mags in the sling bag plus a full size pistol + mags in the pistol pouch. So in theory you could carry a lot of firepower and have some limited protection if you had one of those panels (one side of body only though). Protection is kinda more of an afterthought with this though. nljlj.JPG

Last Edited:
Since you have a lot of experience with this, are flat plates a no and I should only consider at least a curved plate (hard armor)?
Yes, flat plates are a hard no. Super uncomfortable and can really rub you the wrong way, literally. I prefer double(sapi type) or multicurve. Single curve is doable if you cant get the double or multi, but on the front plate if worn high as you are supposed to, they stick out and you can really smoke your chin on them, especially if you are jumping down from something. There are alot of good inexpensive plates that are now double/multicurve like battlesteel or vism. I tested a vism level 4 10x12 multicurve 5.2lbs stand alone and it did very well. If you have the cash hesco, protech, hardwire, stealth armor(hexar flexible), etc make some great stuff.

Yes, flat plates are a hard no. Super uncomfortable and can really rub you the wrong way, literally. I prefer double(sapi type) or multicurve.

If you have the cash hesco, protech, hardwire, stealth armor(hexar flexible), etc make some great stuff.

Thank you very much! Been trying to educate myself and was looking at Hesco and Hardwire. Also RMA Defense and BodyArmorOutlet were mentioned as selling Hesco and similar at lower prices under their own brand name?

Thank you very much! Been trying to educate myself and was looking at Hesco and Hardwire. Also RMA Defense and BodyArmorOutlet were mentioned as selling Hesco and similar at lower prices under their own brand name?
My pleasure. If i can prevent people from learning the hard way as i did, its a bonus. Its nice to help save people the money and grief of buying stuff that most people are going to hate. Also, bulletproofme.com has some great products also.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews