JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all...I'm building my first AR. (Sorry, I initially posted the same link twice!)

I had decided on this upper... but Palmetto is always out of stock.
PSA 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Phosphate 13.5" Lightweight M-Lok Upper - With BCG & CH - 5165448217

How does this one compare?
PSA 16" Mid-length Nitride 5.56 NATO 1/7 Pencil 13.5" M-Lok Upper - With BCG and CH -7793493

Which one would you prefer?

Thanks!
If you're carrying it around a lot get the pencil barrel. If you're not lugging it around a lot, get the heavier barrel. I prefer a midweight barrel in this length range they tend to yield better accuracy and hold up better for aggressive shot strings. It also has weight to aid in control and more meat to prevent rupture at higher temps. If you plan on hunting at up to 400 meters the pencil will be good but not necessarily a tack driver. I know PSA makes good stuff for the money. I build with military grade barrels, it's the heart of the gun. PSA has some decent options but their entry level barrels are what I would assess to be range grade material. They have a CHF FN barrel that's the top of the heap but you pay for a good barrel.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top