JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the new 22 ARC is the 'final form' for these cartridge derivatives in the AR platform. You get maximum velocity for the powder capacity without the bullet 'setback' issue the heavier bullets can have in the semi-auto platform. 22 ARC I think is going to be what 224 Valkyrie wanted to be when using long heavy (80-95gr) bullets, but can still shoot light .224 bullets if desired and come close to .22-250 performance.

The only difference I see between the two calibers is the 6ARC excels with the lighter faster bullets.
IIRC, sectional density is where the 6mm outshines the 6.5. If I'm shooting it at an animal, that's what I want. The added speed lets the copper bullets I like to use optimize their effectiveness.

Im uncertain about a bolt action advantage with the Grendel if the chambers are both to sammi spec but I do know the heavier bullets in the Grendel have to be seated too deep inside the case losing velocity potential. I suspect a long throated bolt gun would make the Grendel really stand out with the heavier options....
Probably. I got this to become a better shooter, so the differences for me are minimal. I like having a good factory load for this gun.

Ive heard the Hornady Black is the most accurate factory Grendel ammo, but I haven't tried it since I handload for mine.
Can't speak to that because I stopped shopping after shooting the Black. I'm sure some of the boutique brands can top it, but for the money, Black is hard to beat.

so, why the 6mm ARC over the 6.5 Grendel when they use the same case, bolt and magazine in the AR15 platform?
the 6.5 Grendel is a well establish round with a wide variety of bullets and factory ammo
a 6.5 Grendel can be used to targets out to 1000 yrds and hunting out passed 300 yrds in just a 16" bbl
my .264 LBC will do anything I need

View attachment 1869987
Grendel can't drive the high BC 6.5 pills.
6mmARC does a better job driving the high BC pills.

22ARC may be the star of the whole family.

Yeah, no mainstream, super popular 6.5 Grendel for me, I want to blaze a trail with the edgy, wildcat that no one knows about, the 6ARC…😁
Not a scary wildcat.
6ARC was SAAMI approved in June 2020

But wait !
There's another one !
22ARC SAAMI approved !

There's more !
22 Creedmoor SAAMI approved !
The big dog needs to eat.

@Ben B. - You caught two fish on that worm. Nicely done! ;)

IMG_1693.jpeg IMG_1692.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads